Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    hfuller81 wrote: »
    39 continuously AF days, although for about 20 had Covid so was too ill for alcohol:) I am trying to make it until May 2. Having some AF and some drinking days has not worked for me in the past 15 years so trying something new, maybe eventually can be a once a month treat. Having lots of tea and mineral water with lime...looks like a G&T! Hardest part is I don't feel quite like myself anymore, anyone else experience anything like that when quitting or cutting back?
    Great idea with the mineral water and lime... looks and feels like an alcohol drink, but isn’t! I do something similar in a wine glass.

As for feeling not quite like yourself... I can’t say I’ve experienced that, but I posit that maybe you have a different persona when drinking (more outgoing, more introverted, whatever it is). When you cut back, you are meeting your true self, perhaps for the first time in a long time. If that’s the case, what a wonderful opportunity to think about and express who you truly are!

Physically, I felt better because after a few days AF, I slept through the night. I wasn’t grumpy or headachy the next day. I was refreshed and full of energy. And my skin looked amazing! So that’s another way that you may not quite feel like yourself!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I got so much out of everyone’s posts today, thank you all for sharing your thoughts!!!!

AF tonight after imbibing last night. I didn’t even want it, which was a nice change! Haha!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @CMB44512 I would have started to brown the beef without even thinking about it. Thanks for the recipe. Also nice going on getting into a rhythm with your drinking, not drinking schedule.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Opps posted in error