Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I am on a 2 hour zoom meeting with a Finnish lawyer and an American lawyer discussing a 29 page licence agreement.

We are on page 17 and they've just agreed they need another 2 hour call.

They are mostly arguing about hypothetical disagreements....

If I stay AF tonight I'll make myself a badge :D:D:D

Oh good Lord!!!!! I feel this post! If you can stay AF after that you deserve the Olympic gold!
  • Womona
    Options
    Feb 1-7: 6.5 drinks
    Feb 8: AF
    Feb 9: AF
    Feb 10: AF

So... I am generally not doing well. I've taken one step forward and two steps back in surgery recovery, I'm miserably hungry, I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a night, and I'm so cold all the time. And then there's little things, like I'm playing one of those dumb interior design games and no one likes my designs, which ends up spiraling into EVERYONE HATES ME because I'm too tired to be rational about it. I had to step back from here for a few days because I was feeling...not good enough? I drank as much in a week as @MissMay will drink in a month, so even though it's a moderate amount, very much in line with my goals, and a number my doctor would be fine with, I felt guilty. AND I SHOULDN'T! And I don't think I'm the only one who sees other people racking up a ton of AF days and wondering if they're failing somehow... So for myself and for those people, you're not failing. You're doing just fine.

More positively: I don't think Husband took me seriously last week when I told him I had exactly a year to lose 45 lbs. We had another talk about it Monday night after I was whinging about being so frikkin hungry, and he admitted he's really unhappy with his weight and worried about his health, so he's back on the wagon with my for now. 3 consecutive days AF so far. I very much wanted a glass of red wine last night, but since he wasn't drinking, I stuck to tea. He's going to have to blink first ;)

Oh man, being in pain and not sleeping well puts a person in a bad place! Hugs to you! Hope you recover well and quickly!
  • Womona
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    @chocolate_owl you should not feel guilty in the least. There aren't two people in here with the same exact goals for cutting back. It is not how many AF days you aquire or chalk up consecutively.

Its each persons own path, own rate of drinking less by days or glasses. Must be hard to have surgery pain and want to not drink during it.

I Feel bad you are going through that. But dont hide out. Your story is worth reading no matter how slow it is going at this time. Your NOT failing.

THIS!!!!!!! Thank you @CMB44512 for saying so eloquently what I wanted to say!
  • Womona
    Options
    @lisamestiza2021 Darn girl! ... that made me cry :(
    Anything filmed in Britain hits home harder with me, because... well it is home, but in this video, she looks so much like my family member who has just climbed out of that pit and is trying to rebuild her life right now.
    Thank you for sharing xx

the first time i saw it ,it made me cry too and triggered me big time. i was sexually assaulted at 17 and i was drunk at the time. it should have stopped me from drinking forever, but didn't/

i hope your family member succeeds ...xx

* and on a lighter note - massive attack is incredible...i agree :)*

I’m so sorry to hear you had to go through that. No one deserves to be violated. Hugs to you!
  • Womona
    Options
    Day 12 AF is here. Husband is on day 4. Still shocked he's doing this effortlessly. No insomnia, bad dreams, nausea, lack of appetite, headache, and all the miserableness I went through, yet he always drank more than I! Go figure.

Happy Friday to you all. Time to set the right intention for the day and plan some fun.

Its just as unfair as our hubbies deciding to lose weight and boom, they drop 15 pounds in a week without even trying. Meanwhile we scratch and claw to lose even half a pound. Haha! Well, glad to hear he’s having an easier time of it!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I've got to ask though. What's a Needem Martini?

Oh crap....my NOOK has a possessed auto spell check feature.

It was a Needham martini last week. Needham, like the coconut and chocolate candy confection.
    Not sure if these are all the correct ingredients, if not it is close.

coconut rum
    Godiva chocolate liqueur
    RumChata
    Chocolate syrup (room temperature), to garnish
    Shredded coconut, to garnish
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    I've got to ask though. What's a Needem Martini?

Oh crap....my NOOK has a possessed auto spell check feature.

It was a Needham martini last week. Needham, like the coconut and chocolate candy confection.
    Not sure if these are all the correct ingredients, if not it is close.

coconut rum
    Godiva chocolate liqueur
    RumChata
    Chocolate syrup (room temperature), to garnish
    Shredded coconut, to garnish

i could bathe in that. but it would be a waste ;) decadent!