What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Aside from the heavy stuff; I am wondering why I keep having recurrent migraines/headaches. I have them nearly 4 or 5 out of 7 days. Annoying enough to need medication, but not so bad as to have me attempt to sleep through them in a dark room.

This happened when I was younger and living in a different state. I went and had an MRI done and we found nothing abnormal. It was suggested it might be sinuses, but that they really didn't know, only that it was not neurological at that time.

My concern is that I wake up often with headaches (similar to how it feels when one is dehydrated and suffering from a hangover), but that I don't know what causes them and so far have not really found a solution. I can only keep taking migraine strength Tylenol for so long, ya' know?

In the 80s my doctor prescribed a medication for a migraine that had me on the sofa for a week.
    15min after I took it, migraine was gone.
    They sell the medication over the counter now.
    Percogesic, it’s by the pain relievers at the drug store.
    It’s only tylenol and some kind of antihistamine but it flat knocks my headaches out.
    It does make me sleepy.
    Just FYI 😊
    Hope you find relief.

I'll see if I can locate it. The migraine strength Tylenol does pretty good most of the time, but I don't want to become reliant on it. I'm always concerned that I'll develop a tolerance to certain OTC drugs.

I think last time, they prescribed me Zomig. It was weird, it dissolved on your tongue and tasted gross. Also, pretty sure it's a scheduled drug, so requires a lot of follow up appointments to keep getting scripts written for it.

Zomig is a triptan and there are different modalities if you don't like the quick-melt.

I would check with your provider about the availably of prescriptions for Zomig.

If Zomig doesn't work, there are other drugs in the same class of triptans.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If I don't start losing some weight, it's going to be a really miserable *kitten* summer.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Taking a drive to my happy place

The last time I went to my 'Happy Place', I spent Memorial Day Weekend in the county lock-up.

@Motorsheen I bet you looked absolutely fetching in an orange jumpsuit.

well...... it really is 'my color'. <3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1. Why is there a chunk of my shower curtain with bite marks and bits missing?
    2. How the *kitten* did the cat get his jaws that high up on a moving target with no solid footing to actively bite through the curtain?
    3. What is with this goober and chewing threw plastic and cardboard boxes?
    4. You have toys, why don't you use them?!?!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    10 months in remission tomorrow, just thinking of how grateful I am to have been given this 2nd chance at life no matter how long it lasts ❤

🤗😙
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I am reminded once again of why I avoid the Debate forum on MFP. There are some truly *kitten* people with some truly *kitten* attitudes and opinions about people different than them. Holy yikes. :grimace:
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    3pqjniqohbyb.png

Potato

I see a madcap, long weekend, get-away in your future <3<3
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    3pqjniqohbyb.png

Potato

... that's a thing... certainly. Not sure I'm comfortable staying in what amounts to a potato shaped bunker... or coffin. :grimace:
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    f74tmvqp8nyp.gif

The ol' rooster booster 🐓
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I am reminded once again of why I avoid the Debate forum on MFP. There are some truly *kitten* people with some truly *kitten* attitudes and opinions about people different than them. Holy yikes. :grimace:

I don't like the idea that there's only 1 acceptable way to think. I get that side of it a lot of time, but sometimes debate is just debate, not scientific trials and medical proof.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    spicy green beans
    9wtcff3so8uz.jpeg
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    it was 25 years today my mom passed away of ALS. she'd just celebrated her 60th birthday. oddly enough, we were both diagnosed at 55. i will be 60 in november. i can't help but wonder ....

has anyone else had a parent die relatively young, and now you are also sick and wonder if you'll die at the same age they did?

I cannot even imagine, and don't have adequate words. I hope you are able to fight this *kitten* of an illness. You're one amazing lady!