What's on your mind?

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    My daughter, I thought we were done with this but she's being bullied again. She showed me messages she recieved and it really breaks my heart. People can be so cruel. Wish I felt better to be a better mom this week. I also wish she could follow my footsteps and leave social media aside a bit.

Ugh. Bullies are awful. I’m sorry, friend.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    My daughter, I thought we were done with this but she's being bullied again. She showed me messages she recieved and it really breaks my heart. People can be so cruel. Wish I felt better to be a better mom this week. I also wish she could follow my footsteps and leave social media aside a bit.

This is one of the reasons why I am getting in shape: to be able to deal with the parents of bullies, if it comes to that (and in my neck of the woods...it will).

I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Kids can be so cruel.

Thanks, hopefully it gets better.

Adults can be cruel too... I've dealt with that in these forums from grown adults 😆
  • Miss_Chiev0us_

Ugh. Bullies are awful. I’m sorry, friend.

My mommy heart aches 💔

My mommy heart has been aching all day, she's had a hard time with this for a few years. It had stopped. I have a really good relationship with my daughter so she tells me mostly everything. She showed me what was happening and it really made me hate social media even more than I already did! She certainly doesn't need that, especially after the last couple of years and everything she's been through.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021

it was 25 years today my mom passed away of ALS. she'd just celebrated her 60th birthday. oddly enough, we were both diagnosed at 55. i will be 60 in november. i can't help but wonder ....

has anyone else had a parent die relatively young, and now you are also sick and wonder if you'll die at the same age they did?

I can understand why your mind would take you places like that, your age, the 25th anniversary of losing her. :( To answer your question no, not a parent although my parents having heart attacks at relatively young ages so as I passed those ages as well, I found myself actually looking at every symptom as a possibility, but grandparents dying young, yes.

I feel it's a very normal thing to do and to fear. Our brains can't help but take us to those places sometimes. ALS is another one of those slow life-stealing diseases. :(
    I'm learning to take one day at a time, enjoy it and get out of it what you can. Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. Keep taking care of yourself and find moments of laughter/love/happiness along the way. <3
  • twitchandshout
    the wage gap
  • twitchandshout
    People without power & water in cold weather
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    People without power & water in cold weather

I was just talking about that with my mom yesterday. So sad 💔 they closed the homeless shelter here and every day I worry about where those people are sleeping now. Wish I could help the all!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Is it a normal thing parents do when vacationing to a different country that they leave their toddlers sleeping in the hotel by themselves while they go off and do their own thing at night?

I’d be too paranoid, like what if they wake up trying to find me, roam around and accidentally fall in the pool and drown.. I always think about the worst scenario.

The madeleine McCann story 😒
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited February 2021
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Is it a normal thing parents do when vacationing to a different country that they leave their toddlers sleeping in the hotel by themselves while they go off and do their own thing at night?

I’d be too paranoid, like what if they wake up trying to find me, roam around and accidentally fall in the pool and drown.. I always think about the worst scenario.

The madeleine McCann story 😒

I would be way too paranoid also, I would be anywhere but especially in another country.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member

I'm sorry T. That's difficult for you both. You being there for her and supporting her will mean so much to her. Whenever I told my parents I was being bullied (physically and verbally) they told me to suck it up. So I really admire you for showing her that support and compassion. I hope the bullies get a big dose of karma somewhere along the line, but mostly I hope your daughter doesn't internalise those words and knows her worth. Sending hugs 🤗
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited February 2021
    I just read somewhere that making kids shovel snow is child abuse according to them🤦‍♀️😆 I know I had to work my *kitten* off as a kid and never had anything handed to me on a silver platter.
  • twitchandshout

I'm sorry T. That's difficult for you both. You being there for her and supporting her will mean so much to her. Whenever I told my parents I was being bullied (physically and verbally) they told me to suck it up. So I really admire you for showing her that support and compassion. I hope the bullies get a big dose of karma somewhere along the line, but mostly I hope your daughter doesn't internalise those words and knows her worth. Sending hugs 🤗

She's at school today and called me on her lunch break and everything seems to be fine. I also called the school this morning so they are aware of what happened. Kids don't realize how much words and actions can hurt. I know for myself, I'm still hurt by things I've been told so I hope it doesn't stick to her too long. I'll continue to be there for her and make her feel the best she can about herself. She has blocked everyone that has bullied her and she does have a good group of friends ❤

It’s been something like 40 years since I was a target of bullying. It can have long-term effects. I’m glad you’re on it. 💕