What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Pepperoni pizza and a Great Northern super crisp Lager.. I think I just got pregnant 🤤

Sounds better than my baby carrots and triscuits, those triscuits make me feel like I'm eating wicker furniture 😆

:D delicious, wicker furniture.... 😂

Drank 1 litre of water to wash them down 😆

Carrots water and crackers.. are you typing from jail? 🤔

It's not that bad, I have a delicious dip and I'm alone so I can double dip 😁

Double dip, well that makes alllll the difference 😄

It damn sure does. Don't knock it till you try it 😆

Wait.. are we still talking about the same thing? 🤣

I am not sure

s8gibkxp5c2e.gif

fr5tx8gly6ib.gif
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    In english we rely on many multi-word phrases because we don’t have a proper singular word for things. For example, is there a one-word way to say “to do list”? I can’t think of one

Today I learned that in norwegian they have a single word for it. Gjøreliste

We need more words like this in english
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    In english we rely on many multi-word phrases because we don’t have a proper singular word for things. For example, is there a one-word way to say “to do list”? I can’t think of one

Is that the Germanic influence? German uses many compound words which is similar to what we do in English.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

Chores?
  • lx1x
    edited February 2021
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »

Chores?

Would Chores be the list, or what's on the list?
    🤔 These are my chores. = This is my to do list.
    🤔 These chores are on my to do list.

I'll be back. 😑 I need more coffee for this.
    Fine..

Agenda

Or

Itenary
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    @Minion_training_program

Saw this last night in the supermarket. Does this qualify as health food?

6t4tbx00rgcz.jpg
  • lx1x
    edited February 2021

Chores?

Fine..

Agenda

Or

Itenary

@lx1x I was seriously asking, because in my mind chores could be the to do list.
    I'd use agenda over itinerary in this instance. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Either way it's fixin to get done, so don't mind me. 😁

Chores can be multiple things (a list).. not particular item/task
  • lx1x

Chores?

Fine..

Agenda

Or

Itenary

@lx1x I was seriously asking, because in my mind chores could be the to do list.
    I'd use agenda over itinerary in this instance. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Either way it's fixin to get done, so don't mind me. 😁

Chores can be multiple things (a list).. not particular item/task

Exactly. So it works for OP's one word need.

Yes.. had to reread what you wrote. 👍

Still half asleep..🥱 mia culpa.. 😆
  • Sofiapilla

Chores?

This would work if my to do list was entirely cleaning related tasks but I wouldn’t call my work to do list my chores..

Interestingly, the gjøre in gjøreliste seems similar to the word chore 🤔
  • lx1x
    nothing atm.. it's the weekend.. brain is closed for business
  • Sofiapilla
    nothing atm.. it's the weekend.. brain is closed for business

shenanigans
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Pepperoni pizza and a Great Northern super crisp Lager.. I think I just got pregnant 🤤

Sounds better than my baby carrots and triscuits, those triscuits make me feel like I'm eating wicker furniture 😆

:D delicious, wicker furniture.... 😂

As long as you slap some cheese on it... Even wicker furniture can taste great! Haha
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member

Chores?

This would work if my to do list was entirely cleaning related tasks but I wouldn’t call my work to do list my chores..

I find this interesting. When I think about it... A chore is just something to get done... To do... It doesn't have to be household (which is what I think of when I hear it)... But that would make it a chore list... So maybe we just smash the words together and call it a chorelist... 😁
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    I ate a donut a few weeks ago that was so ridiculous I felt like I had committed a crime. For sure several sins.
    That is my confession. I feel better now.
  • Sofiapilla

Chores?

I find this interesting. When I think about it... A chore is just something to get done... To do... It doesn't have to be household (which is what I think of when I hear it)... But that would make it a chore list... So maybe we just smash the words together and call it a chorelist... 😁

That’s funny.. to me the word ‘chores’ is specific to housework and farm.. chores 😁
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I ate a donut a few weeks ago that was so ridiculous I felt like I had committed a crime. For sure several sins.
    That is my confession. I feel better now.

You are forgiven, woman. Now go. And sin no more.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm such a dork. I had a stupid grin on my face while reading about 5 pages of posts on here.