WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options
1767778798082»

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Heather - I think my Mom probably would have been diagnosed with ADHD if she had known to look for it.
    Love the picture on the beach.

I haven’t kept up with our Covid numbers lately. I have to hear and think about it so much at work I needed a break.

Barbara - Joe is a sweetie.

Allie - I think I would note that incident to mention at my next appointment too. It is scary, I watched my Dad fall and it was due to low blood pressure, they hadn’t told him to stop taking his blood pressure meds when they were no longer required.

Katla - so happy to know that you soon will be getting your vaccine. I know it has been bothering you. They just this week opened up vaccinations to the general population, over 75 years old.

I went and bought a few items today at Costco and Walmart. I am not supposed to bend or squat so only bought things I could reach without stressing myself. My lower back is aching again, but not in pain. My upper back is tight again. My therapist had given me something to try to make it better when I was walking so I would say it worked to some degree.
    I will be so glad when I get back into shape. It will be 2 months tomorrow.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Where is @Machka9 I haven’t seen her post for a couple of days.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,105 Member
    Options
    Such a rainy dreary day here. Seems like nothing to do but fight against overeating. Not really true, I could start my taxes.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    wno5emcbnpe8.jpg
    😂😂😋
    Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, Machka, Whassup?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Julie-that is indeed very bad luck with the bone marrow test. I don’t blame you for not wanting to get another one. Perhaps waiting for next round of blood work is the better idea.
    Flea-I keep hearing the second Moderna dose can be rough. I have mine on March 9. I have cleared my work schedule just in case.
    Kim-good job on garage door. I have fixed those darned things more than once.
    Heather-glad you got to see the grand kids.
    Allie-do you have a blood pressure cuff? That might be a good investment. They aren't very expensive.
    Tracey-sorry back is tightening again. I found when my hips were going, walking in stores like Costco and Walmart (think lots of concrete floors) got to be excruciating.

Pleasant day today. For some reason work up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. We were having heavy rain then so that may have been up. Somehow ended up watching two episodes of the old Baywatch series. Had never watched it before. Won't be watching it again! While the cast was very good looking, the acting was non-existent!

Got my new apple watch today and have the basics set up. I think it may be a bit more accurate on heart rate than my versa was. Did the ECG reading for heart rate-that is a bit interesting. I have no idea how long it will take for me to learn all of the ins and outs. However, I did put ear buds in and call my son from it to test that-worked very well. Just wore it with ear buds when I went for a walk outside (two days in a row outside!).

Going to set up new humidifier I bought. Sinuses have been messed up and I wake with sore throat. Have been running a small cheap one I have. Got one with timer that I can put essential oils in. Will try that in bedroom tonight to see if that helps with sleep.

Well, I keep looking at a load of dried clothes that refuses to fold itself, so I think I would like to accomplish that tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Rebecca: “Let’s just be clear, if you spend time baking a cake/cookies/brownies you can eat as many of them as you want and the calories don’t count. You made those calories. You’re their God.”

Good try, but only God is God. Being a Goddess of the kitchen gets you a great reputation for your cooking, the appreciation of your menfolk, and an expanding waistline for yourself unless you are very careful. :wink: (I speak from the recent experience of eating a bit more than I should.)

DH and I have spent the past two hours filling out paper work for our vaccinations. I’m ready to take a break so that my head doesn’t explode. :grumble: Small exaggeration. :embarassed: I don’t actually expect my head to explode today but filling out the forms was stressful. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other- 3hrs 29min, working on home and apartment cleaning = 957c
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Haven't done much today. Chilly and windy outside so don't feel like working out there. Should do some paper work inside but having trouble getting motivated. Creamy chicken and carrots in the crockpot for dinner.

Heather - Glad for your meetup on the beach.

Kim - Way to go on that garage door.

Katla - Glad you are finally scheduled for those vaccinations. I know it is a relief to you.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :) I just posted the new thread for March. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you and maybe some new friends over there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826111/women-ages-50-for-march-2021/p1?new=1
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Beth: Extremely saddened to read your news. Feel the waves of love, hugs and sympathy beaming your way. I have no words, just know I hold you and your family in my heart and prayers.

Katla: I spent hours looking for back to back vaccinations for DH and me. He is more likely to participate if he is shadowing me actions. However, no luck. Happy to see you and DH are set.

Still reading...stay well friends. See you in March.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Yyyyyyy
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori - Friends in Colorado have had luck with Walmart and with Safeway. I hope you find appointments soon.

Karen in VIrginia

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori - You are probably already looking at this website: https://www.vaccinespotter.org
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Michele: Monoclonal antibodies are laboratory-produced molecules that act as substitute antibodies that can restore, enhance or mimic the immune system's attack on cells. Monoclonal antibodies for COVID-19 may block the virus that causes COVID-19 from attaching to human cells, making it more difficult for the virus to reproduce and cause harm. Monoclonal antibodies may also neutralize a virus.

so basically, they hook up an iv and for about 2 hours they pump these antibodies into you in hopes that they will prevent the actual virus from attaching. I think you have to have a pre-existing condition to qualify to get the treatment, but again not sure about that. I am not too sure about it as he seemed sicker after he had it done, but he has several lung related preexisting conditions and is always a concern with pneumonia or bronchial types of illnesses, so I really have no idea if it helped or not as I don't know what he would be feeling if he hadn't done it.
    DS and I were contacted by our doctor this morning and went for testing this afternoon. So, I guess we should know officially within 3 days if we actually have it. Kinda obvious we do, but who am I to argue with the health department about too little testing too late. Overall, I would say at this point we are all very mild cases with my husband being the most severe, but he is also the furthest along in the disease. Honestly, there is no doubt he got it at the grocery and brought it home. Barbie, you are so right to do everything possible from home. I feel like a lot of people are going to let their guard down as vaccinations increase, that would be a big mistake. I keep a mask in my car for drive throughs, where a mask whenever I am in public even outside, I keep wipes in my car to wipe down credit cards and cups from fast food (although honestly with the dieting we really havent been using those), I keep wipes in my purse to wipe down carts or touchpads of any kind before using, I have hand sanitizer in the car that I squirt before and after getting in or out of the car and wipe down my steering wheel. Other than not ever leaving the house which is not possible when you live in a rural location with limited delivery options, I am not sure what else we might have done to prevent it.

Thank you all for your good wishes. It is appreciated!
    dee
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    Julie: - i’m sorry that France seems to be having a problem with Vaccines. I think that for once we were just lucky with our governments planning. As Heather says, most of us can’t quite believe they got it right this time.