JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: TQT. Print roster to check emails.
    3. Classes: Email. Conjunctive Adverbs. Chapter 2. Writing.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Publish blog post.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Read 20 pages Invisible Women.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school? Shoot P&P.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January:
    End of February:
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Hm. It's not CRAZY cold. I think I'm going to change plans and attempt to run outside.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 3/1 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 13/14 & 16.4k
    2) Bundle up (temps took a dive) & walk dog after work :smiley: wore winter layers & Noxgear vest (realized dog's LED collar needed recharge) 3.1 mi & happy dog & happy me
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :neutral: -220 & 13c not great but getting better
    4) AJNH draft report / Facebook Live noon / keep up w/ emails / draft out of office message = 4/4
    5) Water herbs (happy they made it this far this winter) / prep lunch, snacks & water bottle / register for virtual Bellin 10K / declutter 15 min. / March perpetual calendar forgot / at least one chore ~ several = 4/6
    6) Meditation app started but didn't finish :p / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm = 5/7

JFT 3/2 T ~ Strong winds forecast this evening, so no plans to walk dog. Rest day needed anyway.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Next section of AJNH report / keep up w/ emails
    4) Pick up Breadsmith order / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / update perpetual calendar (March) / at least one other chore
    5) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / alarm? maybe work out before work?

I'm going to like this new 30/45 virtual challenge. Participants must log their activity online, which can be seen by all the participants. This is great for me b/c it gets my competitive juices going, and presents a challenge to keep up. I like my other virtual challenge to walk the distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock, but other than keeping my own log (pdf was provided) and putting markers on the map that was provided, I'm totally on my own. I have no idea how many others may be participating. For the 30/45, I can already see that after the first day, 106 people have logged at least 30 min. activity. I expect that to increase as more people log their activity.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Mon Mar 1
    Scale 198
    1.5L of Water - :) Even a smidge more!
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Tues Mar 2
    Scale 197.6
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food

It's so late in the day, but I've been swamped! I'm going to have to start coming to work early to get time to post goals.

@HEGoddard0928 - 7 days in a row is a lot. I remember doing that at different times at different jobs. Hope you get a break soon.

@MLHC1 - Enjoy my children's personalities This would be my speak for "I hope they aren't terribly behaved today".

@jeschepp - Thankfully your Grandfather had no serious injuries at that age, it sure is a concern when they fall.

@ZizzyBumble - I would amble and enjoy that nice day too.

@teigansdad - Nice to see you post again. I found just posting on here has helped me get back to some semblance of control.

@pridesabtch - Good luck, you can do this!

@Bex953172 - It sounds like a solid plan to deal with your Mom. Sometimes our parents have completely different relationships with their grandchildren than they do us.

@PackerFanInGB - Rodger has been keeping the kitchen tidy for about 3 weeks now, I am hoping that physio tomorrow will lessen some of my restrictions. My cupboards are not organized the way I like them, my pots are all stacked one in the other, which isn't good for the finish and I can't find any of my "tupperware" type containers. I am not complaining since he's done it all, but it will take me months to get it back in order I'm sure.

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day

For Tuesday, new day.

-Grateful for my bride on many fronts. Today it's that she supports by wellness dietary journey. She cooks me chicken for four days' worth of snacks and let me determine dinner the majority of the time. Big difference that she's in my corner.
    -1900 calories:1752. Easy today
    -Work out for 90 minutes:87 minutes including a chilly but nice 48 minute, 2.48 mile outdoor walk. Pace is so much quicker outdoors.
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Jordan Peterson video. Really like his older messages but he's gotten too philosophical / spiritual / conceptual for my liking
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Finished Amy Porterfield's Marketing Made Easy podcast on How to Clarify Your Message. Storyboarding author with great points on presenting the message from the targets point of view versus what I/we feel is important.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Kept up with my stuff and worked on bride's car
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Done and done
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done

For Wednesday, new day.

-Grateful for the many experiences in my life. I was talking to a co worker about the LDS Church as a business entity. I grew to enjoy trips to SLC and had many memorable business dinners including a, strange as it sounds, outstanding sushi dinner that lasted many hours. The pre - opening tours of several Temples also was an interesting experience.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:

[/quote]

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2021

JFT, March 4

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. [/quote]

I have been so busy .. with helping hubby during the day, and doing yard work.

I am so sorry .. I know I am missing so many posts and not responding. Lately I'm lucky just to get on here and post my goals. I will try and go back and see what I am missing... but love you all!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    @Snowflake1968 I word it that way specifically to remind myself; we all have unique personalities!! My kiddos are 2, 10, 12, and 18; the range of personalities is wide so I need to find understanding for each unique kiddo. :lol:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 2 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 2 days of not meeting JFT goals are showing! 👿

It’s another beautiful day and I need to figure out how to enjoy it whilst meeting my goals! I guess I need a longer walk rather than an amble!

I had a brisk walk - @jeschepp I live by the sea - it’s a body of water between the Isle of Skye and the Outer Hebrides and is called The Little Minch.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 3 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

☁️☁️☁️ The beautiful weather has gone, it’s cloudy today but no rain. ☁️☁️☁️
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: WW.
    3. Classes: NRI. Writing. Chapter 2.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Publish blog post. Call parents.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Read 20 pages Invisible Women.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school? Shoot P&P.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January:
    End of February:
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today is theoretically going to be nice in the afternoon.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.