WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Only side effect from the vaccine is soreness near the injection site just like an ordinary flu shot.

:) My new bluetooth headphones arrived today. I'm going to see if I can pair them with the big TV. If that works, then I'll order another set for walking.

:) I wear wool socks year round except for my dance classes. All my shoes are sturdy New Balance with laces.

:) I wear socks to bed.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Heather I have been thinking and praying for Beth too!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Machka: - 😱 oh no!!! Hope it doesn’t affect you too much.
    Heather: - I’m quite lucky that it’s got a natural curl to it. I was growing it out before COVID so the lack of a hairdresser hasn’t been much of a problem.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm playing around with PS (PhotoEspress app) This collage is from our ski holiday in 2018

acr6p4eyd35u.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Debbie: DH and I also have the transition lenses. They do a great job for us.. :star:

Bananas: I wear Sperry Topsiders at home. They fit well, are comfortable and last a long while. They are also great boat shoes. :bigsmile:

Allie: Rest well. :star:

Machka: I love the earthquake map. It shows Australia to be kitty corner across from us on the Pacific Coast. It also reminds me of an earth quake that began in Japan a number of years go and caused flooding here on the West Coast. :ohwell:

Terri: Your glasses are look great. Are they self-darkening in bright light? :star: My hair is also growing long. I haven’t had a professional haircut in more than a year. My hair is wavy with just a bit of curl. I have been cutting my own bangs and letting the rest grow. :smiley:

I have been wondering about Lanette. I haven’t seen her post in a long while. Has anyone heard from her?

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Barbie: - 😍 New headphones

Katla: - Yes. They have a reactolite coating. It saves me having to carry sunglasses.

I have had 2 trims to take off split ends in the last year. Last one was in November. I had another one cancelled just before Christmas when the present lockdown started. I use hairbands/bandeaus/hairslides to keep it back out of my eyes.

Lanette is fine.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,woke up at 10 after not falling asleep until 3 am...ugh....i took my life vest off for shower and am letting the scar air dry,while i wear my robe..took my pills and am trying to get out of the fog of melatonin...
    Ive caught up on my bills i think.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Gggg
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    skimming! enjoying your posts.

a random question : what footwear do you wear when pottering or working at home? Flipflops, sneakers, barefoot, clogs, crocs, slippers...?

Usually slippers. Sometimes pigs, sometimes bunnies. In summer, when it's really hot, flip flops.

Tina in CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Kate - Happy Birthday to your husband.

Ginny - I love genealogy, I am itching to spend more time on it.
    It seems like your report was pretty good.

Carol - I hope you and your husband both get your surgeries soon, I’ve heard so many people say “I wish I’d done it sooner”

Debbie - We weren’t allowed to test anyone that had tested positive for 60-90 days. However, one staff member returned to work about 45 days after having it and got tested. (She hadn’t been told she didn’t have to) and she tested negative. So I think most facilities would err on the side of caution and say 90 days.

Allie - I hope you get some sleep soon.

Rebecca - you look so happy and beautiful.

I have worn progressive lenses since 2012. I have not had an issue with any of them. I was given a tip before ordering my first pair that when they were doing the measurements to make sure the frames were sitting on my nose in their natural place, not to allow them to push them up. It seems to have worked.

Julie - I am in bare feet when doing things around the house. I hate footwear and should have been born in a warmer climate.

Machka - you were very active, good for you.

Terri - you look lovely. I am thinking of getting my hair cut much shorter. My husband doesn’t like the idea though.

Sue - nice to see you. You were fortunate not to have any burst pipes.

Today I am going to physio for hopefully the last time. When I get home from that I need to do some laundry with hubby’s help. While I’m doing laundry I will start the education I need for the new payroll system at work. There is over 100+ hours of education required. I don’t have time to do this at work though and still get my job done.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have cold feet. It has to be 85° or above before I take my socks off. I wear them in bed. At the moment I wear bamboo ones. Always black, always, unless I'm going out walking/running when I change to sports socks.
    In the house I wear slippers, black velvet, ballerina type, with hard soles. Those look OK with most smart casual clothes for visitors, as it's usual to take shoes off when entering a house these days. ( I take my slippers with me when visiting someone. ) I have a stash of hotel slippers to offer people who haven't brought their own.
    I always have a problem with certain skirts or dresses that only look good with knee length boots. That means I can't wear them anywhere where you have to take your shoes off. The problem is, I hate tights, so often wear boots with just socks, which does not look good if you have to take them off. Consequently I don't wear them often and mainly to restaurants. Black, silky leggings have come to my rescue , but not in warm weather.
    So, if I am going to someone's house, I have to take into consideration an outfit that doesn't look silly with my slippers!
    This last year I have not been inside any one's house at all, so, no problem! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I feel if I'm invited to someone's house (and it's not the White House or royalty), it doesn't matter if my socks looks a bit silly with my outfit....even if I visited the White House, I'd still likely not care. :smiley: In fact, I'd probably wear silly socks.

Tina in cA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    6 days late, but can you add me... I’m a woman, age 50+ and it’s March 😁
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hello by the way! Newbie, but oldie .... and my goal is to get my ar*e off the sofa and get active again!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    JANA ~ Welcome!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I wear my hand knitted socks and crocs at the moment, in Summer my Birkenstocks.

Have a letter to make a physio appointment for a follow up assessment, but only telephone, no face to face.

Thank you Tracey, DH has had some cards already and Amazon delivered a bird feeder curtesy of DD, He has put it in the garden and the containers. We normally only see magpies and blackbirds so hopefully will see more when they realise the food is there.

Kate UK ❤️
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies
    Ugh sleepless night didnt fall asleep until 2:30-3 am and woke up at 9:40 this morning..
    Im going to call Dr to see if there is anything I can take.
    Homer isnt doing well ,he did go to the groomers yesterday and all was well he does have a growth underneath and it is quite enlarged and Tom freaking out.. he is waiting for a call from vet and I might have to take him down..

That's almost seven hours, Allie. I don't think that's bad or even particularly concerning. I wouldn't worry about when you sleep. As long as you are getting between 7-9 hours a day, it will take care of itself. Just let your body rest and sleep when it tells you it wants to, and try not to worry about it. Thank goodness we have tv 24 hours a day, so you can always find something to watch or you can read.

Your body is healing and will get there in time.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    SueBDew in TX: I am happy that you survived the storm. I spent hours glued to the weather channel coverage. A longtime friend was there with her family. We’d had a zoom chat only a day or so before the storm hit. :flowerforyou:

Tracey: I admire all that you accomplish. I hope your physio goes well and you are able to feel better. :star:

Janatkinson347: Welcome!!! :smiley:

Heather: We haven’t been inside anyone else’s house since the pandemic began. We have chatted with neighbors outdoors and at least 5 feet apart. One of them told us about where he and his wife were getting vaccinations, and we called to set up our vaccination appointments right away. We’ve both had our first vaccination and have appointments on the calendar for our second vaccinations at the end of this month.

We’ve been chatting with our son. He will be retiring in a year or two. We had hoped to give our sailboat to him, but the area where he wants to live has water that is too shallow for our boat’s keel. We may end up putting it on the market. DH can’t sail anymore, and I am not inclined to be a single hander.

Sadly, both of our adult children live far away. Our daughter is in the mid-west and our son is on the east coast. Thank goodness for the internet, zoom and facetime. Without them, it is unlikely we’d get to see their faces or those of our grandchildren.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon