March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui The puppies mom is actually a Husky/Labrador mix and the dad is a Pit Bull. So, it's hard to say what they will look like as they age. I'm anxious to see.

@marisap2010 I hope your run this afternoon is a good one.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    3/1 - 2.75 miles - 3.6 mph - Treadmill walk
    3/2 - 2.00 miles - 3.6 mph - Treadmill walk
    3/3 - 2.00 miles - 3.5 mph - Driveway laps
    3/4 - 2.70 miles - 4.5 mph - First run/walk after surgery on the rural road near home
    3/5 - 2.00 miles - 3.6 mph - Field walk
    3/6 - 3.00 miles - 4.6 mph - Walk/run on rural road
    3/7 - 2.00 miles - 3.7 mph - Field and driveway walk

March total: 16.45/62 miles

It was sunny and 48°F with a 9 mph breeze when I went out to walk. That would have been near perfect, except for the wind, for a run, but it was a little chilly for a walk. 55 days into my streak.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart I think I would have worried about my safety after seeing so many animals that had been hit, but, you do know to get out of the way. It is pretty gross. Glad the dogs weren't aggressive. Yeah for signing up for in person races. You are going to do great!

@Avidkeo Glad you could improvise on the clothing for your run and that you timed it perfectly.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Sunday morning there isn't much traffic on that stretch of road, but there are times I wouldn't run there.

@katharmonic I am really excited about running the 10K. There aren't a lot around here so I have never run a 10K race.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    March runs 1/10 done. Took me long enough.... HR was a bit high but I guess that's to be expected when one has potatoed for the better part of three months.

@Scott6255 Sorry to hear that. Hope the next one goes better.
    @quilteryoyo Puppies!!!!!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    The weather was sunny and in the mid 60s yesterday afternoon, so I ran 3 miles after meal prepping for the week. It looks like we might be in the 80s by next weekend.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Just putting it out there that I have a goal to run around my block (I think it’s about a half mile loop). I’m totally a non-runner and pretty heavy and have asthma 😂 but I can do it right!? I’ve looped in my kid and she’s going to do it with me. So...do I just start and try to do more (or same) every day?? Walk the rest? I think it’ll take me a year haha.

Welcome! @rheddmobile and @ContraryMaryMary have great advice. You'll be running around the block before you know it.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic So glad you had such a great weekend and congrats on only falling once while skiing! That's an amazing feat in itself. Yeah for the 10K race.

@noblsheep Glad to see you getting out there. I was just wondering about you this morning.

@GeminiLady159 Welcome. I agree with what the others have said. Take it slow, do intervals of running/walking, and be proud that you do whatever it is you do today. Also, you don't HAVE to increase distance every time you go out. That's why Couch to 5K is great because it has days where you run less than you did the day before. I see so many people try to start out with a very lofty goal and quit because they don't make it. You're goal is so doable and you will get there before you know it. Hopefully, you'll want to continue. Check in here often. It's a good group.

@rheddmobile Nice running and so cool that you saw the hawk.

• nickseger
    nickseger Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    blk-exercise.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    March 1 – Exercise Bike (6.33 miles) + Strength training
    March 2 – 5.07 miles
    March 3 – Exercise Bike (7 miles) + strength
    March 4 – 5.35 miles (morning) + 3.05 miles (evening – hill repeats)
    March 5 – rest
    March 6 – 12.01 miles
    March 7 – Hiking – 2.27 miles – 1340 elevation gain
    March 8 – 5.18 miles

When I laid out my clothes last night for this morning’s run the weather app forecasted temps 10 degrees warmer than it turned out to be this morning. I don’t have time to recheck such things before I feed the kitty, grab my work clothes and jump in my car to head out to the meeting spot. As a result, I was underdressed and chilly. Even now, I’m sitting in my office with the heater blowing on me. I went hiking yesterday with some friends to Chimney Top Ridge. This hike was only 2.27 miles but it was a steep climb. You had to use ropes to get up the last part but the views were spectacular once on top. The trail is located on private property but the landowner is a hiker and gave us permission to hike on his land. It was sunny and 50F but windy especially on top.
    v92jxoqs1g3l.jpg
    This is the steep part of the trail. It looks like my friend behind me is down on her knees but she's actually standing holding on to the tree for dear life!
    3vot7mwzr4zj.jpg
    @Scott6255 – You’re body was probably trying to fight off a cold or virus or something. You will probably never know but glad this morning was better.
    Congrats @eric13296 on completing Couch to 5K!
    @quilteryoyo – the puppy picture is adorable! I love the way momma is looking at them even when she is laboring to push out another one!
    @shanaber – Glad Hobbes is doing better.
    Impressive that you stuck it out for 4.55 miles in that heat and it being your second run @RunsOnEspresso.
    Glad you went against all odds and got your run in @Avidkeo!
    @katharmonic – you are certainly making the most of your winter and snow! I would like to do that yeti challenge some time but this weekend just wasn’t a good time for me either. One day!