WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

Kim – healing thoughts being sent for your mom. How nice that your brother stepped up to the plate. Sure hope it stays that way

Barbara – how scary and unnerving!

KJ – safe travels

Tina CA – thanks for the link. Some of those pictures are really nice.

Mahjongg tonight. Went to senior bowling today after work.

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    And the glorious chaos has ensued... :smiley: time to go play tic-tac-toe with the birthday girl... the sewer folks were literally covering back up their wonderfully done job as the family pulled up. Whoops, "Gramily" is being bellowed from the kitchen bar. Time for x's and oh's! :smiley:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I used pepperment spray to keep down the ants. Now with Drew I can't use the borax and powdered sugar. I have used borax and sugar in the past and it worked well.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Favourite salad - I don’t like any dressings except Caeser. One of my favourite salad is cucumber, tomato and feta cheese. The lady that had me eating it used a raspberry vinaigrette, but I just eat it without.

That's pretty much a Greek salad ... add olives and onion and you're there.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54226/best-greek-salad-recipe/

Vicki - isn’t it odd how different health authorities have different opinions on the vaccines. All of our staff and residents that had Covid were encouraged to get the vaccine because, here, they are saying that having had the virus doesn’t necessarily give immunity.

Tracey in Edmonton

That's what they are saying here too.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines-is-it-true/is-it-true-do-people-who-have-had-covid-19-and-recovered-need-to-get-vaccinated

"Do people who have had COVID-19 and recovered need to get vaccinated?

People who have had COVID-19 and recovered should still be vaccinated.

The protection someone gains from having COVID-19 varies from person to person.

Because this virus is new, experts don’t yet know how long any natural immunity might last."

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Lisa - enjoy all the chaos!

Machka - that’s what Rodger eats, I don’t like olives or onions and certainly not the dressing lol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Pretty bridge Machka!
    Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Gosh, Debbie, you look so much like your mother. I know you two are very close. <3

I also look like my mother, but I'm not happy about it! One of the reasons I like wearing makeup is that don't see my mother when I look in the mirror. Otherwise, her eyes stare back at me.

I'm extremely fussy about salads. No bottled dressings. No savoury and sweet mixed up. In general, apart from Greek Salad, I don't like tomatoes in with my lettuce. I like the classic combinations. Classics are classics for a reason. I love many salads, but above all, a properly dressed green salad is heaven. The best olive oil is essential.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    And we got out for an evening bicycle ride!!

2lstwan3bsq3.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday,
    7 hours driving, 20 minute appointment. No change, so all good. Trip up was uneventful though cloudy until we hit Michigan border when the sun came out. Coming home was in sunshine again until south of Toledo, then the clouds were back. It started icy raining shortly afterwards. That slowed me down! Had 1/4" of ice on truck. Roads were fine, but winds were rough. No migraine so far this morning! (But I haven't gotten to work yet;) ) It was nice to dress up a little.
    Kim I hope your mom heals quickly and accepts the help.
    Machka That bridge looks so cool!

Favorite salads- green, crunchy, fresh, veggies, and light dressing. Usually Italian, honey mustard, or ranch. My favorite greens are spinach and romaine. I also enjoy a good tomato/cucumber salad, good chicken salad, and love fruit salads. I think I will raid my fridge this morning. Simple lunch is heart's of romaine chopped, low sodium tuna, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and some ranch. Now if my grocery would get low sodium tuna back in.

I better get going. Bills to pay, need to get to work early. Had planned on working on this past Sunday, but friends were here until 5. Looks like we will be heading to Kentucky on this Sunday to clean and measure for furniture. 60 degrees and sunshine on Sunday!

Have a blessed day!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio where winter reared its head for a couple of days.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pat - Oh how very annoying for you! Everyone I know had problems getting meds adjusted after thyroid surgery. Grrr! If the constipation goes on too long I would take myself to ER. No fun.

Having a day off from my writing project. :D I'm going to phone a friend instead. Time I caught up with a couple of them.

Slept like a log last night. :bigsmile:

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I am up and showered and dressed..will leave in a bit for drs office. And depending how i feel when im done will pick up the pups to bring them over for the afternoon.
  • Katla49
    Options
    4:30 am— DH is diabetic. He had a low blood sugar episode this morning. I helped him get a sugar tablet and when that started to help he had a mini Kind Bar. He’s doing better now. He’s getting coffee and I’m warm and cozy in bed. o:)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I am home. Touching base with Machka's salad question, because I don't have time to go into trip details this morning. My favorite salad is a greek salad. My favorite dressing is a home made lemon dressing because it is so versatile. However, if we are eating out, I will almost always have either a ceasar salad or house salad with blue cheese. ONe thing I hate on my salads is croutons. Hard, stale, salty, bread. Ick! KJ