March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    edited March 2021
    March 1 – Exercise Bike (6.33 miles) + Strength training
    March 2 – 5.07 miles
    March 3 – Exercise Bike (7 miles) + strength
    March 4 – 5.35 miles (morning) + 3.05 miles (evening – hill repeats)
    March 5 – rest
    March 6 – 12.01 miles
    March 7 – Hiking – 2.27 miles – 1340 elevation gain
    March 8 – 5.18 miles
    March 9 – 3.34 miles
    March 10 – 5.18 miles
    March 11 – 5.21 miles
    March 12 – Hiking – 4.5 miles
    March 13 – 13.13 miles
    March 14 – Rest
    March 15 – 5.02 miles + strength + 1.24 mile walk at lunch
    March 16 – 3.45 miles

Beautiful stars shining in the sky when I began my run this morning. Clouds had moved in and obscured them by the time that I finished. Temp was a nice 41F.

Beautiful sky @nickseger. The field in the picture reminds me of early morning runs while visiting family in Illinois.
    Love the hiking photos @martaindale – looks like a great family vacation!
    @quilteryoyo – It is too bad that we don’t live close enough to run together more often. At least we have the occasional race that brings us together. And, yes, you are doing amazingly well 9 weeks out from surgery!
    Ouch @katharmonic! I hope your back is better soon. Did you do something specific to cause the stress?
    @noblsheep I read about that sandstorm that hit Beijing yesterday. The article said it developed in a Mongolian desert and raised the air quality index to 999! I immediately thought of you. I can’t imagine the sight!
    I understand @polskagirl01. We’re all tired of it all. Races and other plans getting cancelled have been more of the norm for the past year.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    nickseger wrote: »
    Hi @Scott6255 , have you tried using Strassburg socks? I had a very painful bout with PF a few years ago and sleeping in those socks made a world of difference. I've been pain free now for quite a while (knock on wood!).

I have a friend who swears by these too.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k slow
    3-2 7k easy
    3-3 7k easy
    3-4 7k slow
    3-5 7k easy
    3-6 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    3-7 7k slow
    3-8 7k moderate
    3-9 7k easy
    3-10 7k tempo-ish
    3-11 7k easy
    3-12 7k measy
    3-13 7k tempo
    3-14 7k measy
    3-15 7k easy
    3-16 7k easy

March Total: 112k
    March Goal: 150k

Cloudy, 40 degrees F, and little wind to speak of. Robins were fighting over territory today.
    @HonuNui We have to be pretty mature to understand the President Carter reference...

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    3/1-2.25
    3/2-3
    3/3-2.5
    3/4-2.75
    3/5-2.25
    3/6-3.5
    3/7-Skipped due to my legs hurting
    3/8-2
    3/9-1
    3/10-Sick
    3/11-2.5
    3/12-4.5
    3/13-3
    3/14-didnt have time
    3/15-2
    3/16-1.25

March Goal-32.5/60
    2021 Goal-171/634 miles
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Was able to *mostly* catch up.

@Tramboman consistent as ever!

@Scott6255 i hope your feet and calves are better soon!

@quilteryoyo i am in AWE of how well you are doing! You are so fortunate and I am proud of you for all the work you did prior to now, which has surely made all the difference

@noblsheep if somebody bought me a garmin i would probably cry and pee my pants! What a great gift!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    edited March 2021
    @noblsheep Thank. I'll take all the reminders you give me. :D Sorry your air quality has been so bad. You are a great friend to want to buy her a Garmin for her birthday! I really don't have a suggestion on which to get. I think the Garmin website is helpful with which one is the best for which activities. Maybe look at that? Hope you don't have any side affects from the second shot.

@polskagirl01 Sorry about your race. At least it was just postponed and not cancelled. When is it going to be run now?

@Scott6255 Thanks. So far, so good for the shot. My arm is a little sore already. I hope it doesn't get much worse. Glad your run was pain free!

Thanks @Teresa502 ! Sounds like you had a nice run this morning. Once things open back up, I may join the running club. We'll see. I wish it was closer too.

Thanks @Camaramandy648 ! I'm sure being in good shape going into it has made all the difference.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Yikes @Avidkeo! That sounds scary. @quilteryoyo sounds like she is a great person to listen to about this, but I wonder what would have started that if you hadn't had something like that before?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,626 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

@noblsheep hope the air clears soon!!

So i feel like an idiot.

I'm currently sitting in ED at work. So embarrassing.

About 9am I was driving home after dropping hubby off at the mechanic - he was collecting the car after some repairs. Decided to head home to relax for about 20 mins before starting work at 10. On my way home I started getting a bubble in my vision, hard to describe. It was really detracting but didn't affect anything. I got home and did a couple of tests looking into a mirror and realised the "bubble" was getting bigger and kinda becoming jagged.

I tried to google but couldn't really read the words. So thought I'd come into work and just ask the nurse what they thought. As I was driving in it got worse and worse until I couldn't really see properly. It was odd, like the centre of my vision was normal but went funny at the edges. I kinda realised I really shouldn't be driving but the hospital was less than half a mile at that point.

Got here, walked into Ed. A couple of Ambo guys looked at me and went are you OK? Sit down now. Nurse checked my BP which was high for me. Heart rate was a bit up as well. So they registered me and told me to wait.

About 20 mins later the vision cleared completely, though I still felt slightly headachy and just wrong. A bit shakey.

So I got put in a bed space, had an Ecg, taken bloods. BP was down to 128/78. High for me but normal.

Had to laugh, when they checked the ECG the dr commented it looks normal but it's a bit slow at only 52 beats per minute. Nurse replied "she did run 9k this morning". Ohhhh. Haha. I really like being enough of a runner that my normal resting heart rate is low.

Long story short. Everything is normal. Just waiting on bloods, probably another 30 mins. I think the upshot is ocular migraine? When I google I find pics that's perfectly describe the visual disturbances.

So that's my morning.

Oh I ran 9k of intervals this morning. It was so good and so hard. I blame the new watch lol. It was a suggested workout. Hal wasn't impressed but I'm wanting to add in some speed work. I did 9x 2min run at around 4:50 min/k then 2min around 7 min/k. The last 2 were challenging but awesome.

Can today just be over now.

I too immediately thought migraine. I’ve only had two or three in my life (all within a few months of each other) but I get shimmery rainbows in my peripheral vision. Pretty. And pretty weird.

Glad that’s all it is. It would have been a bit scary for a while there.