March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    @rheddmobile fantastic race series! So impressed you took the initiative to create that on your own.
    @teresa502 sorry your race got cancelled and your weekend plans fell apart. Hope you can find something fun to do this weekend as a substitute. On another note, I think its funny how we keep leap-frogging each other in the RTW Challenge :D You motivate me not to miss a running day!

7 miles this morning. Back to feeling the running struggle today. Was a slow pace, but effort felt hard. Stride length was short, felt stiff and uncomfortable. After the run, in retrospect, I can tell my hips felt tight, so I need to work more on hip mobility for the next few days to loosen that up.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    @polskagirl01 Hope the niggle was a fluke and the shoes will be okay. Also hope your race is allowed to happen.

@rheddmobile I enjoyed reading your race report. So sorry that you fell and lost your momentum. You did great on the series. Hopefully you can race in person next year and beat your nemesis.

@pfeiferlindsey Good luck on your in person race next week! What is the distance?

@Scott6255 I hope you get your hips loosened up and feel better in your runs. Funny that you and @Teresa502 keep leapfrogging each other. I have noticed that @HonuNui is staying about 2 miles ahead of me. I'm trying my best to catch her without overdoing it. :lol:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @rheddmobile Great race and a great report!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k slow
    3-2 7k easy
    3-3 7k easy
    3-4 7k slow
    3-5 7k easy
    3-6 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    3-7 7k slow
    3-8 7k moderate
    3-9 7k easy
    3-10 7k tempo-ish
    3-11 7k easy
    3-12 7k measy

March Total: 84k
    March Goal: 150k

Sunny, low 40s F, with just a light breeze from the west. A nice day to run.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @shanaber ohhh June is way better than September. I'll happily be American for that day lol.

@quilteryoyo yay for getting running. Such good news.

@polskagirl oh pretty! Hope the niggle was a random nothing

@Teresa502 thats so disappointing. Hope you can get another weekend away at some point.

@kgirlhart I hate running in the wind. But once I used to hate running in the rains, and now I love it. Wonder if there is anything I can do to love running in wind??

@rheddmobile wow awesome run! Glad no one was on that bridge when the tree came down, that's scary. Sounds like you had a blast despite the challenges.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    Way to hang in there @katharmonic ! Glad the group helped you get through it.

Yeah for a great run @Avidkeo ! I hope today's run was just as good.

Good luck and welcome @nickseger ! This group gives awesome support.

@Camaramandy648 Congratulations on being accepted into the run crew ambassador program, whatever that is. LOL Free stuff is always good! I hope you find a job that is a better fit for you soon!

@ContraryMaryMary Good luck with your HM tomorrow. Looking forward to the race report.

@skippygirlsmom Sorry you had the vertigo at your first PT appointment. That stinks. Glad you seem to be doing well though and are able to walk! I'm sure the dogs are loving that. Take it easy, listen to the PT, and hopefully you will be running soon!