*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Y'all are rocking it this week!!!

To address some of the questions y'all asked:

I think if your number was green a the end of the day you are good even though u went over the number you planned. Having too much of a deficit isn't good either!

I want to see pictures of the wedding dress! I remember being all out of my routine when I was planning my Wedding too. Can you Do your work outs in the morning So they aren't missed?

My dog also gives me encouraging kisses during the push ups and runs under my legs during wall squats! Dogs are the best.

I'm doing great with all the goals this week and saw 156.8 on the scale this morning....a number o haven't seen in months!

Keep it up and ill post the next challenge tomorrow :)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

I want to see pictures of the wedding dress! I remember being all out of my routine when I was planning my Wedding too. Can you Do your work outs in the morning So they aren't missed?

Here is a picture of the dress It will have a matching 2in belt around the top: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3330
    I'm not very good at putting them in the post. Sorry.

As for this mornings weigh in TOM and not being on my A game, gave me a +2 on the scale :(

The bridal shop measured me with 2 bras and my clothes on: 42 bust, 33.5 waist and 47 hips.

My long term goal: 37.5 bust, 29.5 waist and 40 hips. <----this is smaller than I'm allowed to go for the dress though :(
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday .. this was a great week and an awesome challenge week .. proud to say I rocked it all the way!! Hit both goals and accomplished both challenges every day ... I'm stoked. Lost a pound and unless I measured wrong last week or this week .. lost 1.5 inches .. I totally changed up my eating and really tried to watch carbs and increase protein and fiber ... working?? Hmmmm maybe .. have a great day!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

Here is a picture of the dress It will have a matching 2in belt around the top: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3330

As for this mornings weigh in TOM and not being on my A game, gave me a +2 on the scale :(

The bridal shop measured me with 2 bras and my clothes on: 42 bust, 33.5 waist and 47 hips.

My long term goal: 37.5 bust, 29.5 waist and 40 hips. <----this is smaller than I'm allowed to go for the dress though :(

Beautiful dress! I love Maggie Sottero! You're going to be a goregous bride :)
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    This week's challenge is:

Monday: Plank two sets of 1 min
    Tuesday: Push ups, 5 more than you did last week AND on the group MFP thread share your favorite healthy recipe with the group.
    Wednesday: Plank two sets of 1 min 30 sec
    Thursday: Wall squats 2 sets at 15 seconds longer than what you did last weekend
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Plank two sets 2 min
    Sunday: Max push ups. Do as many as you can with out stopping and record this number on the thread along with how many you started with.

If plank is too challenging at that given interval, add one more period of rest. i.e for Monday you'd do four sets of 30 seconds. If you aren't shaking during the last 5 seconds you aren't pushing yourself hard enough! Remember to keep good form with elbows and toes on the ground with out sticking your bum up too high or holding your shoulders near your ears.
  • AggieCass09
    Options

that dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! and with you in it it will be nothing less than stunning. As for TOM, i don't even step on the scale that week since the number isn't real anyways. And they can always tailor the dress...mine was a size 12 when i ordered it but after alterations were all said and done I was an 8 (and BTW...wedding dress sizes are WAY small...sucky!). You are lucky to have found MFP before your wedding...i wish i had since im 15 lbs lighter and way more toned!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    Happy Monday .. this was a great week and an awesome challenge week .. proud to say I rocked it all the way!! Hit both goals and accomplished both challenges every day ... I'm stoked. Lost a pound and unless I measured wrong last week or this week .. lost 1.5 inches .. I totally changed up my eating and really tried to watch carbs and increase protein and fiber ... working?? Hmmmm maybe .. have a great day!

definitely the protein and fiber!!! keeps your full longer and doesn't cause bloating! Way to rock this challenge!!!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sad to say I have gained 1 pound. This is the same pound I have gained / lost the past month. SO so frustrating.

I did the exercise challenge everyday, BUT someone did not do well with water. Only 4/7 days. Wow, that stinks.

My meaurements are still stagnant as well.

I am so impressed with you all that lost inches. That is awesome.

Happy Monday
    Jenn
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    I'm not sure if we are supposed to post our results from the challenges here but just in case and since my day is going to go beserk here in about 15 minutes .. I'm going to:

Monday 12 real pushups
    Tuesday wall squats ... each for one minute
    Wednesday 18 real pushups (very impressed with myself)
    Thursday wall squats ... 1st one - 1:20; 2nd one - 1:30
    Saturday 23 pushups ... I seriously struggled to get the last 3
    Sunday wall squats ... 1st one - 1:37; 2nd one - 1:49 ... these were hard

I'm outta here .. happy Monday!
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    Hi,

Sad to say I have gained 1 pound. This is the same pound I have gained / lost the past month. SO so frustrating.

I did the exercise challenge everyday, BUT someone did not do well with water. Only 4/7 days. Wow, that stinks.

My meaurements are still stagnant as well.

I am so impressed with you all that lost inches. That is awesome.

Happy Monday
    Jenn

I completely understand your frustration .. I've played with about 4 pounds all summer .. this week was the first week in that time that I've seen a loss on a consecutive week ... stay persistent ... I had to completely change up my workout routine .. I started adding HIIT intervals into the elliptical so I was blasting up calories and I really took a hard look at my diet and have tried to watch my carb intake and upped my protein and fiber ... just a few things to think about. Feel free to add me as a friend as I always need someone to commisserate with!! You can do this!!
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Argh - frustrated! No loss - actually no loss since the beginning of August! Going to switch it up - going to start Ripped in 30 today - and increase my protein. Hopefully that'll jump start something! Have a great week!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    to clarify, you will be recording how many pounds you lost or gained since last week...the total number of pounds lost/gained is already calculated in the last column of each section. If you lost pounds your number should show up as -# and if you gained it will be positive.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Saturday was my first half marathon and I carbed up for it, which helped fuel me through the race and get a great finish time but not so hot for the scale, plus yesterday was a rest/recovery day. I don't doubt this is temporary fluctuation but still hard to record for the weigh in. Looks like everyone has been doing really well! Congratulations on all your efforts last week! :)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I think that this challenge is the best thing that could have happened to me at this point for my weight loss. No joke. I just looked at my progress for the past year (line graph form) and I actually cried. How pathetic is that? I'm at work, so it was silent but it was still so bad I was choking back sobs. The body fat calculator I've been using since the beginning is what really did me in. I know calculator aren't the best, but since I consistently use the same one, it's not worthless data.
    One year ago, it calculated my body fat % at 30.9% (this was after losing 18 lbs). I've only lost 8 lbs in the following year. But today I calculated my body fat % at 24.7%.

I'm such a baby. I'm crying again just thinking about it. I'm so happy that I'm a total wreck!
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    I think that this challenge is the best thing that could have happened to me at this point for my weight loss. No joke. I just looked at my progress for the past year (line graph form) and I actually cried. How pathetic is that? I'm at work, so it was silent but it was still so bad I was choking back sobs. The body fat calculator I've been using since the beginning is what really did me in. I know calculator aren't the best, but since I consistently use the same one, it's not worthless data.
    One year ago, it calculated my body fat % at 30.9% (this was after losing 18 lbs). I've only lost 8 lbs in the following year. But today I calculated my body fat % at 24.7%.

I'm such a baby. I'm crying again just thinking about it. I'm so happy that I'm a total wreck!

You rock ... thats a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud ... sending you a big cyber hug!!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    <
    I was physically hit by a car today while walking to my car! Why can't I catch a break???

I walked out of work looked both ways in the parkinglot for any crazy drivers. My client was in her car on the phone. I made it almost 1/2 way through the crosswalk before I heard the transmission rev and I looked over. All I seen was a silver streak and her pulling the visor down. I tried to run but before I knew it I was on the hood and she slammed the breaks and I went flying! I have to wear this getup for a week. I am so sore and bruised.

I was in such shock and had to be nice because she's a client I just shoved my hand in her face to make her stop screaming. Then I got up cried for a second and burst into a fit of laughter and tears. Then I said you just ran me over with your F'N car! Was my teaching that bad?!?

To top it off I was running late for work so I only shaved 1/2 my leg and the x-ray tech was hot! Just my luck!

How on earth am I supposed to go to my cousins wedding on Sunday? I just want to work out.
  • AggieCass09
    Options

YOU ROCK!!!!! THIS IS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    <
    I was physically hit by a car today while walking to my car! Why can't I catch a break???

I walked out of work looked both ways in the parkinglot for any crazy drivers. My client was in her car on the phone. I made it almost 1/2 way through the crosswalk before I heard the transmission rev and I looked over. All I seen was a silver streak and her pulling the visor down. I tried to run but before I knew it I was on the hood and she slammed the breaks and I went flying! I have to wear this getup for a week. I am so sore and bruised.

I was in such shock and had to be nice because she's a client I just shoved my hand in her face to make her stop screaming. Then I got up cried for a second and burst into a fit of laughter and tears. Then I said you just ran me over with your F'N car! Was my teaching that bad?!?

To top it off I was running late for work so I only shaved 1/2 my leg and the x-ray tech was hot! Just my luck!

How on earth am I supposed to go to my cousins wedding on Sunday? I just want to work out.

OMG! get better and worry about working out later! This is awful...i cannot comprehend!
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    Saturday was my first half marathon and I carbed up for it, which helped fuel me through the race and get a great finish time but not so hot for the scale, plus yesterday was a rest/recovery day. I don't doubt this is temporary fluctuation but still hard to record for the weigh in. Looks like everyone has been doing really well! Congratulations on all your efforts last week! :)

your blog on the half was AWESOME....i'm still mad at your cheerleaders for being LATE--even though you rock for running it SO fast! My PR is 2:22 so i'm shooting for 2:10 on my next one,...you've inspired me!
  • ecmcnamee
    Options
    <

OMG that's horrible!! I hope you feel better soon!