Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

COVID19 - To Vaccinate or To Not Vaccinate

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    :neutral:

I had a whole long post, but it appears freckles has conceded so I'll bow out too.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    lokihen wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread, but I really wish Gardisal had been available back when I was young.

Man, me too!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I had COVID-19 in January.
    (Age 29/female) - 2 weeks of bedrest and feeling horrible.

Based on the fact that I recently had it and I am not in a high-risk group, I will be waiting to decide whether or not I will get it. Currently leaning towards....no. Let me explain!

Many women my age are hesitant due to the lack of info regarding the longterm effects the vax could have on fertility/pregnancies/newborns who are breast-feeding, etc. Anyone know any recent studies on this? Many Australian virologists are urging women in their child-bearing years to refrain from receiving it.

...<snip>...

It seems unrealistic for scientists to suggest that the COVID-19 vaccine is safe for women longterm when we haven't even seen it run its course for a year yet.

Sadly, we cannot even freely discuss it without being labeled ANTI-VAX. We aren't allowed to ask questions. What a world.

P.S. We just want more info. Don't cancel me! :D Let's discuss it.

Would you know or have easy access to one or two names of Australian virologists who are saying women of child bearing age shouldn't get any of the covid vaccines? I've heard nothing like that and a googling turned up nothing and I'd like to research it.

I'm sure there are 'qualified' people with opinions that go both ways on this vaccine, but they both lack supporting research since pregnant women were excluded from the trials that gather data.
This discussion has been closed.