Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

COVID19 - To Vaccinate or To Not Vaccinate

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    @kimny72 thanks for educating me that mRNA vaccines are a new approach to vaccines. Maybe my head was in the sand but I didn't realize that aspect of this issue. I guess after I already recovered from COVID, I hadn't really followed this aspect of the crisis.

For others interested, I just found this article/paper that goes into some detail on the benefits of the mRNA approach
    mRNA vaccines — a new era in vaccinology

It's really fascinating stuff, even to someone like me who doesn't know a lot of the scientific terminology! The beauty of it seems to be that you use the same base for everything, and then just "plug in" the blueprint for whatever virus part you want manufactured. And you could put multiple blueprints in one shot, streamlining vaccinations. There is also talk that it theoretically could be used in cancer treatment, but I believe that is more aspirational, and I'm not really clear on how it would work :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited March 2021
    @ahoy_m8

Yep.

This discussion has been closed.