WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖐️🙂🌞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: You are rightlfully proud of your DDIL. Jessamy Hibberd is brilliant. :heart:

Barbara: It is a long time to have a headache. It is easing a bit as my skull restores itself. It was not broken, but I am sure it was bruised. I’ve learned a lesson and hope to remember it in future high contrast days. :embarassed:

Machka: What a brilliant cookie cutter!! :laugh:

Lisa: I’m delighted for your visit with the grandchildren, and a bit envious. :bigsmile: Our grandchildren live thousands of miles away. DH will not fly and I will not leave him home alone. :noway: It is possible for us to take an RV road trip if DH is feeling well enough to do it. The door is not quite open, nor is it closed. We will see. :star:

We are tired of our own cooking and would like to eat a meal from one of our local restaurants. The Thai place has closed permanently. The second local choice was closed when we tried calling. We don’t know whether it is permanently closed or just not open the day we hoped to eat there. We will try calling again today and will order take out if they are open for business. Take out may be possible and we're willing to call in an order if they're open. We don’t know. The pandemic has been hard for small businesses in our area. A local Subway Sandwich shop is open and so are take-out sandwich places with drive through windows.

The headache that began when I fell and hit my head at the end of December has begun to diminish noticeably although is not totally gone. YAY!!! Our first Pfizer vaccination was accompanied with a headache for both of us. Our second Pfizer vaccinations will be at the end of this month. We will be happy to have them done.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    m8ahhurbyc64.png

:mrgreen:

Won’t work with me. If I want it, I’ll still eat it
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lisa, when my best friend's husband died ten years ago, I didn't fly two states away to see her because I realized that she had a bunch of local friends and I would be a burden arriving without transportation. Instead I called her every night at bedtime for a few months so she could tell me about her day when she was home alone. A few years later she had major surgery and she asked me to call her in the evening so she could talk before she went to sleep. Often support from far away over a long period can be the best thing.

:) I had a terrible time falling asleep last night so I used the restless time to read the latest book on my phone.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

now that my dad is gone, her and his only surviving sister do that. Dad used to call and talk to Aunt Lynn about every night. Now mom and her call each other. Aunt Lynn is the last of 10 and was very close to my dad.

Lisa- that is exactly what happened to my best friend's mom- passed from the same thing-she was doing better after surgery and then suddenly passed. She was my "other mom". Met her when I was in 4th grade, best friend was in 2nd grade. There hasn't been a service for her yet- because of the virus but they are planning one in June. We are planning my dad's May 30th.

Debbie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    Barbara: ~ 😍The sea shanty.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    Lisa: ~ So sorry about you friend’s mum. 🫂
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2021
    Barbara: - The shanty gave me joy.

• Katla49
    <3
  • Katla49
    Barbara, Thank you for sharing the sea shanty. It is a delight!❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Barbara - Nice Scottish accents! <3 He's done very well, out of TikTok. Great idea.

I've been following the lovely folks on Easy German (YouTube) for a long time now. It's made a huge difference to my grasp of the language and made it enjoyable. After three years of hard work they have just launched a app called Seedlang. I am in awe. What a massive job. I have downloaded it and done one exercise. Excellent. You actually get to speak German, not just press buttons! If any of you would like to start learning, or brush up your German, I highly recommend it.
    It's was partly seeing what they had done that made me resolve to get my website sorted out at last. Weiter so! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 3hrs 1min 18sec, 3.29ap, 93ahr, 121mhr, 271elev, 10.11mi= 918c
    Strava app = 1225c
    Other- 90min eat, working on garage, cleaning, rearranging = est 300c

Total cal 1218
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Evening ladies
    Back from hairdressers we all look fabulous as I knew we would...Tracy lopped off probably 10 inches of hair and looks more grown up, Taliah got a color and haircut that fits her style ..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Lisa - sorry for the loss of your friends Mom. I’ve been through that, I lost my other Mom in a car accident just a couple of weeks before her 49th birthday. I met her when I was 13 when her son was my first boyfriend. For two years my husband, girls and I lived with her to help us both through some struggles and me going back to school. I was 28 when she passed I miss her and think of her daily.

Heather - thanks for sharing your DIL’s accomplishments. I’m sure that even with your envy, you are incredibly proud.

Katla - It sounds to me like you had a concussion from your fall. I was hit over the head with a bag full of books in grade 6, I suffered for two years with headaches before, the CT scan revealed that I had a 2nd degree concussion and severely bruised brain. I think it was about 6 months later when I had the scan.

Allie - I have been thinking of lopping off a fair number of inches too. Then I have a good hair day and change my mind again.

Love all of the pictures being shared.

I had a good solid night sleep last night for the first time in weeks it seems. I still don’t know what concoction of essential oils my niece made to help with the hot flashes but I received it 2 weeks ago and haven’t had a hot flash in about 5 days now. She could probably market this and make a million. I don’t know if it’s her own “recipe” or if someone gave it to her.

Found out our big project at work will likely be at least one, if not two weeks behind due to the company that does our payroll now not providing the data we need. Very frustrating situation.

It was 15 Celsius here today, absolutely gorgeous.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Machka - My DDIL deserves her success. She is a clinical psychologist with a doctorate. Has done her time in the NHS, but now works privately.
    The main reason for her success is her determination and her networking skills. She has learnt how to use social media and regularly is asked to contribute to traditional media. She has written books and given a TEDX talk. None of this comes naturally, as she is quite a reserved and shy person, but she accepts that it is part of the job. It doesn’t hurt that she has a media friendly face, though she is often nervous. I admire her enormously.
    When I first met her, when my son and she first met, I wondered how she was going to cope with my son's large personality! Little did I know what strength there was under the sweet exterior.
    When I am envious of her success I have to remember that it's my choice not to go down the social media route. I actually hate it, so I can't complain!

kdrsc8speywu.png

This is some old publicity info from a few years ago. Since then she has written another book, on the Imposter Syndrome, and has started developing an app. She is also currently studying for a certificate in child and adolescent psychology at the Tavistock Clinic.
    All this plus three kids! Phew! :o<3:o<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

She has done a lot of hard work!! Good for her!

Yes, these days you've got to put yourself out there on Social Media. Even with the cycling organisation I am a part of ... when I started getting involved with the state branch, there was very little social media involvement and a general attitude of "we don't want that" and "nobody uses that". I took it over and have had some good results with it. Our state branch did a survey a few years ago, and in answer to the question, "where do you get your information about our events" a large majority said, "social media". After that, there were no more complaints about my social media efforts.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Delaware opened up the vaccinations to age 50+, so I get to scramble for an appointment. I told Steven, and I think we are both nervous about what happens when we see each other again. It will take another month, if not two, so we will have time to figure it out.

Rode Henry today. He's such a good horse.
    My legs are so weak after all the time off riding.

My diet has been terrible lately. Exercise not so bad. Just finished my dumbbell workout.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I asked this question on this day in 2013 to my Facebook crowd, so I'll ask it here now. Note that it is a vague question. You can interpret it the way you would like. "Next" could be in the next minute or hour ... or tomorrow ... or next month ... or next year ...
    It could be simple, like changing into your walking shoes or more complicated like going for a university degree. Your choice.
    Be serious ... or have some fun with it.

What comes to mind when I ask ...

What do you want to do next?

Machka in Oz