Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Great pix @dawnbgethealthy .....what an inspiration you are! And I think I'll add that purple top to my mall shopping list. Good color :)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @Lilylady3k
    What do you put into (or take out of) your skinny Margaritas to make them skinny? Do you take out the triple sec and agave syrup?
    I have tried the pre-mixed Skinny brand Margaritas, they are pretty good, although up here we only drink those refreshing kind of drinks in the hot summer. Different in Texas : - )
    When I was there in Texas I had them rimmed with the red spicy salt, sooo good! I forget what it is called.

I don't put salt on the rim but a red spicy salt option would be yummy!
    Recipe my daughter & DILs shared with me
    • 1 shot tequila
    • 1/2 shot of Cointreau
    • 3/4-1 shot lime juice or 1.5 limes
    • Small squirt of light agave nectar or liquid Stevia

About 200 calories and 10 net carbs when measuring a shot as 2oz. Less if you use the Stevia.

It's summer almost year around @ fishing camp 🎣 and when not hot it is really nice weather. Think Lower Laguna Madre around the South Padre Island in Texas. We keep the makings for skinny margaritas at the camp.

@dawnbgethealthy - You can also use orange juice instead of Cointreau. Less expensive $ & calories!

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy @Lilylady3k Oooooh we're talking about margaritas!!!

Husband and I got hooked on the Jose Cuervo zero calorie margarita mix a long time ago. This is definitely not for everyone because it's not very sweet. It uses sucralose as a sweetener (not everyone's favorite artificial sweetener), but there must not be very much. We'd do tequila, a tiny splash of triple sec, and the margarita mix. 1.5 oz of tequila + a bit of orange liqueur would total up to 110 calories per drink.

We must have been the only people drinking it, because now we can't find it. We've resorted to buying the On The House Light margarita mix that our local Kroger carries, which is 10 calories for 4 oz. It's a lot sweeter. We usually skip the triple sec here, just tequila and the mix. IDK why, I think it's just laziness on our part. Once again, about 110 calories per drink.

If I'm in a restaurant, getting a nice margarita made by a bartender who has all the fancy ingredients stocked, I usually go for Lilylady3K's recipe, but with no sweetener, and definitely the spicy salt around the rim.

When my dad is making margaritas, each one is 2 shots tequila, 2 shots cointreau, 2 shots lime juice, and hope you can crawl into bed before you hit the floor. Don't make my dad's recipe.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Last minute change in plans after arriving home. Dinner at my sister's home. Pretty sure that was 4 glasses of white wine.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    Congrats on reaching your goal weight!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker
    I must have missed that you were having a problem with your foot.
    I had to go to Vionic (Orthaheel) shoes many years ago because I work on my feet all day and my feet were done. For sure not cheap. My feet are most comfortable in supportive hockey skates, but I obviously can't wear those around all day : - P

I agree that it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion before investing lots of money and (gasp) having to throw out all of your shoes.
    You are such an active person, this so sucks that you are having foot problems : - (
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Happy March!
    In like a lamb.

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Friday March 19 - Drinks.
    Saturday March 20 - AF - because I had drinks last night.
    Sunday March 21 - AF - Planned AF for Monday also.
    Monday March 22 - AF - because early morning and a long day tomorrow. I might have a few drinks Tuesday night.
    Tuesday March 23 - Drinks - 2, because I didn't want to hurl. Ready to catch that 16th AF day.
    Wednesday March 24 - AF - Always hard to be AF the day after drinks. Had to use some willpower.
    Day 3 of 6 days of ice skating today : - ) This will be the last of the season, so very grateful that the Kinnette Club stepped up and booked the ice for free public skating once a day.
    Thursday March 25 - AF - Had a really great skate today in between jobs. A drink would have been nice tonight, but I wanted to get my 2 AF days in. I will be having a few drinks with my friend to celebrate her birthday this weekend. I definitely am aiming for the 20AF days for the month.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 25 days.