Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi @Auroralaura and welcome...two months of no drinking is pretty good. I'm curious to hear what triggered re-starting for you. You see, I am approaching my first 2 month abstinence and thinking about how to manage triggers like vacations and holidays for example.

@Trish1c welcome back, I thought you went on a Florida vacation which sounded lovely. Glad you're back. How did it go?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    Happy March!

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Thursday March 18 - AF - Of course. Job interview tomorrow, plus was not feeling great all day today at work after throwing up and then not sleeping well last night.
    Friday March 19 - Drinks. I had a fantabulous job interview today, weird to bump elbows instead of hand-shaking and everyone in a mask. Ack, I took my hearing aid out for a shower and forgot to put it back in. I didn't notice until we had started talking - no reading lips with masks. I am sure that I missed a couple of things, but overall it was pretty great. Loved them and their business, thoroughly enjoyed talking with them. I don't know how many people that they are interviewing, but I felt really good about it. I had a Teensy bottle of Freixenet (200ml) then a mixed drink, and a few sips of a second mixed drink and then put it in the freezer. Yup, I am 50 pounds lighter than I was when I could have 3 drinks without effect. Thanks for the reminder not to have 3 @chocolate_owl
    No regrets on Champagne with some Brie and a cracker. I have no intention of giving up alcohol, I have just cut way back and am trying to keep it for happy only occasions. Ice skating at 11am tomorrow, so want to feel good. I have had some water since putting my drink in the freezer an hour ago. I will have another glass of water before bed which will be soon since I was up at 5am prepping for the interview, working out, then gussying up.

Rolling total: 12AF days out of 19 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy good news on the interview front....and your ability to celebrate elegantly in a moderate way :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi all! Drank pretty much according to plan since Thursday- only one glass of wine per night with dinner. Only exception was Friday night when I had Sambuca after dinner, which while nice, gave me a headache yesterday.

Golfed for the first time all season yesterday, and boy was I rusty! DH knows I’m cutting back on drinking, so didn’t order me our usual golf cart alcohol. I took a few sips of his, but nothing major.

People are asking how I lost the weight. Very boring answer: I logged my food, cut out alcohol during the week and way back on weekends, increased my daily activity rate, drank enough water, and avoided the calorie bomb meals/desserts except for very rare occasions.

I do notice my weight creeps up on weekends when I drink and go out to restaurants , but it resets during the work week, so I don’t panic.