Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

COVID19 - To Vaccinate or To Not Vaccinate

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Vaccines ordered by the European Union (especially Astra Zeneca), are not being delivered as promised by pharmaceutical companies. They are sending vaccines elsewhere and shorting the European orders. Italy just uncovered an Astra factory that has millions of doses set to ship out of the country. The shipping was blocked by the EU. Until the orders promised are fulfilled, this will happen.

That could explain your graph above.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2021

@paperpudding
    Idk about the US tbh I was just looking at Israel because I believe they were quickest out the gate with vaccines and it is giving me hope. I am in Canada. Our cases are spiking again we have very few vaccinated.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hospitalizations and deaths are going down, mostly because the older people are now about 70% covered with at least one vaccine shot. They are the ones who are driving the hospitalization and death numbers.
    I think WA is in synch with the nation, new cases are rising a bit but deaths keep dropping. While the cases may be sensational, dropping deaths is what really matters. The vaccine must be going to the most vulnerable.

Below is the chart on new deaths, with the EU again looking problematic

yay1a7g6lsfl.png
This discussion has been closed.