Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @LanaCabana537
    Thank you for the nice words. I'm happy you had some nice nurses while you were going through those hard times. Cancer is so scary!

I should probably introduce myself. I'm Jordanna :smile: I live in BC, Canada. You ladies are wonderful and I look forward to following this thread!

I just got back from a 70 minute trek through the woods with my puppy and my hubs. It was such a good walk! And it was in between night shifts so I was feeling SUPER lazy but I got out and did it anyways. Last night at work was an absolute GONG SHOW so I'm curious if tonight will be the same. It's Saturday so that usually means we will be short staffed.

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend so far :) Happy tracking.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sunday, that's my fun day. My "I don't have to run day".
    Hey Tracy - I enjoyed reading about your Gatlinburg Moose adventure. Why did you say that you hoped it was your last trip there?

Lana

Nothing against Gatlinburg itself. We don't care to be away from home in the first place.

AND

1. The Significant Other is a grumpy old man. He has a bad leg that causes lots of pain when he rides in a car and digestive issues that flare without warning.
    2. The drive should take 7 hours. We've never made it in less than 10 because he has to stop so often.
    3. I do all the driving because I have severe anxiety as a passenger. However, I also have severe anxiety as a driver because I don't trust everyone else on the road.
    4. Due to my anxiety, we leave at 2 am. This times our passing through certain towns to avoid their rush hours and reduces the amount of traffic we encounter in the interstate. I also route us on some smaller highways to avoid Nashville. Those interchanges freak me right out. Knoxville, no problem. Nashville is a cluster *kitten*.

Our next conference (possibly the next two) is in Chattanooga. Four or five hour drive. Much, much better scenario.i

In July, 2022, I will attend my first International Conference in Orlando, FL. He doesn't plan to go to that one. I will fly unless proof of the dreaded vaccine is mandatory. I will have no proof because I will have no vaccine.

Hope everyone is well! I'm going to take a little nap now and probably another in a few hours.

Tracy in Tennesse
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    z3iuvgww0jhx.jpeg
    *** March 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I need more coffee!

(time passes....) There. Much better.

Tracy - goodness that is some odyssey you take on to go on a long road trip.
    As for Florida in 2022, definitely fly and go by yourself.
    I have a feeling that the vaccines are getting a lot of bad press in your area. I and all of my friends have gotten one of the three vaccines, and all are doing well and are glad they got them. I got the Pfizer 2-dose, and I was only a little tired after the 2nd shot. My 80-year old MIL, who really didn't want the vaccine, got talked into the Johnson & Johnson, and has had no side effects.

Jordanna - what a lovely name!! Good for you that you got out for that trek through the woods--good for the soul. I dearly hope that your Sunday shift is not a "Gong Show" 🀞🏻😘

Sara - You did really well on your outing for some new clothes--good for you! πŸ‘š

Maureen - enjoy Florida!!!! Love the idea of ice cream for breakfast!

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Missy and Rivkeh and Runa and everyone else who pops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

265.4 today
    269.6 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon, just

txwzho02h2qk.png

pages

did we ever think this thread would get this far??

Cleaning and dejunking - which means I am in no hurry.

Lana - I had to think outside the box and be patient clothes shopping. Not easy.

Wave to all who follow.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I’ve been on mfp off and on for years. Tomorrow is Monday and I want to start tracking again. I’m just about my highest weight right now, will weigh in the morning. I’m such an on again off again girl and am trying everything I can think of to make the motivation stick this time around.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    vo2r1fttrabw.jpeg
    *** March 29th ***

Welcome to Blueliss26! and good morning to all~~

Jordanna - congratulations on your fabulous weight loss for this month πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ You are inspiring the rest of us πŸ‘πŸ»!

Sara - Wow - we've been here for 700 pages! Thank you for noticing this and posting about it! πŸ’–

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Maureen and Missy and Tracy and Runa and Dawn and everyone else who stops by to say hello πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

267.4 today--what a bounce back. Soy sauce + Chinese?
    269.6 highest
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Sara and Lana - 700 pages! I think you two are from the beginning. Thank you for this thread!
    Jordanna - congrats! I think I will have to get tracking again. fell off that wagon and thought I could do it myself. Didn't work....
    Tracy- glad the next conference is closer. That is a huge endeavor. I am bad at driving long distances because I get so tired. My DH is better at it. He doesn't mind driving.
    Maureen - sorry about your mom. That is another stressor to add to your list. Glad about you getting to see your daughter!
    Blueliss- welcome!
    OK...hitting the links after this - will start my logging.
    ~Lynn

• ladychr0nic
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. I’m at my sister’s house for a couple of nights. We may move mom down here soon bc my niece wants to return to AZ. She is such a sweetie but mom fell on her watch and I believe she is taking it hard. Mom wasn’t hurt but keeps talking about it. My older sis and her husband are ready to take mom so it will not be a big deal, except perhaps for mom who is very disoriented About time and where she lives. She loves this house but may still struggle with where she is and why. She is already unable to recognize her own home so it may not make a difference but who knows?

I’m getting lots of cmfeeah air and junk food and enjoying every minute. Craving salads. Produce is so much better here than back home.

Take care and thanks to all of you for your kind words.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Not to sore this morning, but the new "little potato in my thigh" tells me every time I get in and out of the car and chairs. Luckily little potato is little.

Food will get better as the cafe opened at work and they will make salads. So one day a week I will get one of their salads.

How I got over 5k I dont know as I started the morning limping but there you go.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    vxu6k56ga6rh.jpeg
    *** March 30 ***

Sara - I missed something..... what happened? Why are you sore with a potato in your thigh?
    Glad your work cafe is open!

Maureen - Sorry to hear about the difficult road with your mother. It is hard to know what is the best thing to do along this road.
    Glad you are getting your fresh veggies etc!

Waving to Lynn and Jordanna and Tracy and Missy and Runa and Dawn and everyone who stops by today 🌸

Lana
  • Cgraber78
    Cgraber78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning :) Newb here and having read through some of the pages (not quite all 700!) you guys are amazing :) I look forward to chatting with and supporting with you all as we go.... (it made more sense in head, but I'm still working on coffee...)

I'm about a week into getting back on the wagon. Starting point 264.6, I'm 42 and I'd like to see ~180 again :)

I'm getting my vaccine today, so YAY bring on the super powers :D Really hoping I get the power of teleportation so I can avoid traffic <3<3
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Welcome Cgraber! It is a great group! Yay on your shot. My superpowers put me in bed for the day after my 2nd one. Heres to hoping you do not get superpowers :) Have to say it was worth it. I was not 100% positive I wanted it. I am typically a "natural" medicine/healing type of person. But I did it and it makes me feel so much better. Easier to walk out of house everyday knowing I have a much better chance at beating COVID.
    Morning Lana. And I agree Sara - sore? Potato? I hope you are ok.
    Maureen - sending virtual hugs!
    Waves to Tracy, Missy, Runa, Dawn and others who stop in!
    ~Lynn
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@Cgraber78
    That's awesome that you got your shot! I'm fully vaccinated now, and it feels good, especially working with COVID patients all day. I added you :)

Today is a new day. I'm up in weight the last couple days, but I'm thinking it's because of salt. I have to watch my salt intake. Even though it's below my calories, it's still not the best for me. I made a big veggie stirfry last night which appears healthy but there was a bit of soy sauce on it. Hopefully the weight comes off!
    Going for a big walk with Max today with a friend. Then fish tacos tonight for dinner!

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Sorry, sometimes I think I mention things - went to deliver some boxes at a lady's house who is going through the big "dejunk" and she has 2 steps to her door- remembered the first forgot the second and found the ground. Scrapes are light but my leg took a nice bruise. Yes, I am falling too much lately. I need to see how many hours of time off I have.... rest sounds so good right now.

Got my shot, because I am a walking asthma machine (okay not really) and the last thing I need is more help not being able to breath.

Food intake has been on the greasy/sugar side but I managed to get 5k in so I will be grateful for that.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope it's ok to jump in here. Here I am...again. 1st week lost 3.4lbs which I'm really pleased about. Weighing in again tomorrow too :)

Take care everyone.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    yreda0frjjfz.jpeg
    *** March 31st ***

Wow! It is the last day of March already. Tomorrow begins a new month.
    Anyone interested in a new April goal or two?

Welcome to the new peeps! πŸ€—

Sara - Ouch! So sorry that that happened to you. I'm glad that you got the vaccine. πŸ’–

Jordanna - Yay for the walk with Max and the fish tacos!

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

266.6 today
    269.6 highest
    199.9 Onederland goal
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    @LanaCabana537
    I would love to do an April challenge! What do you have in mind?

@roz0810
    Welcome to the group!

Do you guys eat your exercise calories? Sometimes I'm just so much more hungry when I've had an active day, but I don't want to ruin progress. I ate some of my exercise calories the last couple days and I haven't moved on the scale. Hopefully the weight will come off either way.
    Last day off before going back to work. Going to prep some veggies and get organized.

Happy Wednesday!
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hi!
    Sara - I am sorry to hear about your fall. As we age...hate to say that....there are conscious decisions and thinking we must do to avoid falls. My mom actually attended a fall prevention class. Stresses balance exercises, things to do when you encounter stairs, getting rid of throw rugs, stuff like that. She actually learned alot. Glad you did not seriously injure anything. Great job getting your steps in even with soreness!
    Jordanna - fish tacos - YUM! Hope Max got a bite! I do eat my exercise calories. If I log and truly stay within those, I can lose weight, so it works for me. it is all the times that I do not even stay within that!
    Lana - goals - did we do goals for March...I am choosing to forget the fact that I did not meet a single one :blush:
    Yes...I will do April goals.
    Welcome roz0810!
    Maureen - hope you are hanging in there!
    Have a grand Wednesday!
    ~Lynn - the gal who did not step on the scale today...thus proving I met 0 goals. Tomorrow - another new day!