Replies

• Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Thoin wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I have put m&ms on salad

Someone disagreed with the fact that I have actually placed a number of M&M's (not peanut M&M's) on my salad?

I have put m&m's on salad
    I have put m&m's on salad

Disagree all you want but

STILL, I've physically placed innocent little m&m's on top of a salad and then dug my fearsome teeth into them and consumed them!

People put dried grapes on salad, which is ALSO something I've done!
    People put dried cranberries that have been dipped in sugar and had a passing acquaintance with oil on salad which is ALSO something I've done!

I have put prunes on my salad after they were pitted, shriveled, lightly oiled, and shoved in a sealed package that was shipped across the continent.
    And apples both local and imported from New Zealand both with and without a copious amount of wax.
    But not applesauce: I have standards, you know?

I've even put yogurt on my salad.

Deal with it.

It's a SALAD!!!! :naughty:

What kind of dressing did you use with the M&M salad? Also what kind of salad was it. I think many people think of salad as very traditional, having lettuce tomato, carrots, etc.

Many people miss out on fun experiences by not being willing to experiment.

That's speaking generally. M&M salad doesn't appeal to me. (I rarely put sweet things in my salad, at least nothing sweeter than aged balsamic, which I admit is pretty sweet, sweetness generally is not my favorite flavor theme.) It still seems like a reasonable experiment for someone who does like sweets in salad, as PAV evidently does.

People, people: Experiment with food. It's fun. What's the worst that could happen? Momentary yuck. What's the best that could happen? Revelations about pleasure.

P.S., I'm not saying that you, Thoin, are a non-experimenter. I'm simply responding to your comment about many people (unimaginatively?) sticking with (boring?) traditions.

P.S.S. Someone disagreed that PAV put M&Ms on his salad, then someone (the same person?) disagreed with my obvious joke about it. Yup, some grumpy disagree-er is at work in this thread; there are too many instances to be accidental scrolling disagrees. They could use their words to explain on the thread, maybe don't because they know we'd just laugh.

I know what your saying. I found hot sauce on my salad to be really good, but I also love hot sauce (for me always with a vinaigrette, nothing dairy).
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    I'll try anything on a salad. Kar's has a snack mix of raisins, peanuts, m&m's and seeds that I'll throw in there once in a while (but it is high in calories) and I use cottage cheese almost exclusively for my dressing.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    What a FUN thought and experiment...M&M's on Salad...then someone put a picture of an M&M Salad....Thank you for the topic!! I enjoyed. I am allergic to chocolate...but LOVE M&Ms. I am at 31 days Processed Sugar Free!! I am a Sugar Addict...and had to do something drastic. Even reading this topic did not lure me to my OWN M&M's jar I am hiding in the Pantry.! Thanks again!! :):):)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    debilang wrote: »
    What a FUN thought and experiment...M&M's on Salad...then someone put a picture of an M&M Salad....Thank you for the topic!! I enjoyed. I am allergic to chocolate...but LOVE M&Ms. I am at 31 days Processed Sugar Free!! I am a Sugar Addict...and had to do something drastic. Even reading this topic did not lure me to my OWN M&M's jar I am hiding in the Pantry.! Thanks again!! :):):)

I *almost* hit disagree because I don't think you can hide something if you know where it is! :)

I think I might have to take my bag of m&ms to my car so I'm not tempted to open it.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Once upon a time I was of the camp that fruit did not belong in lettuce based salads. Have since enjoyed apples, raisins, dried cherries/cranberries, mandarin oranges and more. So since I can see that 'sweet' can work in a salad, it is not totally far-fetched that M&Ms would NOT work also.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I *almost* hit disagree because I don't think you can hide something if you know where it is! :)

I think I might have to take my bag of m&ms to my car so I'm not tempted to open it.

I think "hide" was not a good word. Rather, just out of the way...since I am not tempted...no need to hide...thanks for the correction :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

I think "hide" was not a good word. Rather, just out of the way...since I am not tempted...no need to hide...thanks for the correction :)

LOL I actually didn't even really mean it as one. I have an overflow of chocolate and cookies (but not chocolate cookies...weird) and have them in my closet...out of the way. But I always make my way to them when I'm not ready yet.
  • kajaet
    kajaet Posts: 12 Member
    I have an unopened party size bag of plain m&ms under my desk at work.

Just sayin'.... :)

I’m here to tell you that it is very possible to indulge and still stay within your goals. I over indulged and still made it. I did go to bed hungry but not hangry. I stuck to mainstream foods today. I don’t know if I’d recommend the large shareable bag of m&ms though.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I enjoy mixing flavors and I have had sweet things in my salads many times before - mostly fruits. I had never thought of M&Ms but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try that as soon as possible! :smiley:

And to all the disagreers out there, knock yourselves out. This one is on the house. :D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I think chocolate covered raisins would be good too.