The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So I feel better this week --- and my weight is back down too (but still in my plateau range). Today's weight 126.5# (I was 131# after vacation).

Although I am still on my plateau, I took my measurements and have lost 1.25" since we started this challenge (0.25 from my waist, 0.5 from my lower abs, and 0.5 from my hips). Now if only my thighs would get on board.

I also had 2 days of strength exercise.

Thanks for the extra push --- you guys are the best!
  • vsetter
    Options
    *****CHALLENGE ---- CHALLENGE
    CHALLENGE*****

This week's challenge ---- jumping jacks!!!!!!! How many can you do in one week???? The top 3 will get an extra 5 points. The top 1 will get an additional 5 points!!!!

Future challenges ---

-- keep working on increasing your fiber to the 25-35 grams per day. Remember, the average American gets 10grams per day. Pretty sad. But increasing fiber should be done slowly, so use this time to work on it so that you are ready for a fiber challenge.

-- I would like to do a "perfect week challenge". But two things must be done first ---

1) we need to define what it means to be "perfect" in weight loss. Does this mean 8 glasses of water per day?? How much strength/how much cardio? Calories??? Please give me your opinions.

2) I want every single one of us to succeed in this challenge. So....if you have a day that you know of, that is going to be BAD, please let me know. I'm going to try and schedule this challenge for a week where most, if not all, can succeed. For example, the 23rd is my son's birthday and the 26th is my mom's birthday. That will be a BAD, eat lots of cake, week for me. Not a good time for a "perfect week challenge" :laugh:

Keep up the good work!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Checking in....
    129.8...weight is up .6lb this week BUT honestly I am premenstrual and .6lb is nothing compared to my usual 2lbs gain, so I'm ok with it!!

I had a really off week, not as much exercise as usual.

Sunday-cardio and strength
    Monday-rest
    tuesday-lazy :laugh:
    wednesday-cardio and strength
    thursday-cardio and strength
    friday-cardio and strength
    saturday-cardio (walked/jogged) 5k

I have a baby shower today and I feel like poo, might need some wine to help me get through it!!!!

Valerie, I will give some thought to how I'd define my perfect week and get back to you later.

hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Down to 137; that's still two pounds away from my lowest so far, but I'm not totally disappointed. ;)

Sunday: Rest
    Monday: JM No More Trouble Zones
    Tuesday: Zumba
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: JM's Yoga Meltdown, levels one and two back to back
    Friday: RI30, level 2 only
    Saturday: Rest

I can SO do jumping jacks. Looking forward to it!

Val-- regarding a "perfect week," I'd define it as an entire week when you're only over/under net cals by 50, drink at least 8 glasses of water each day, and exercise at least four days out of the week (for at least half an hour each time). This may seem kind of low in terms of exercise or expectations, but I think it needs to be achievable. <3
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bad news, I am up the pound I had lost. Back at my same 128.....GRRR, I am never going to crack this. I have drastically reduced wine, trying to eat less processed foods (i.e fake cheese with high sodium). I have not been eating deli turkey because of sodium either. So frustrating.

I worked out everyday and lifted 3 days which is my goal.

A perfect week for me would be water everyday and NOT eating my kids goldfish and graham crackers. I am beginning to feel MFP is not helping me. I say to myself well at least I have the calories from my exercise.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok - not a lot I can say....I know I wasn't great this week - slacked quite a bit starting with the holiday weekend and it sort of continued thru the week. Not proud of what I have to report, HOWEVER, it will only make me MORE accountable this upcoming week. Ok.....here it is.....embarrassing as it is...I'm UP 3.2# this week to 149.1. I knew I'd be up, but quite frankly that much was a shocker!! Though in reality it shouldn't be. Didnt drink all my water each & every day, didn't eat the greatest, didn't track well, didn't exercise much (no strength- training at all) - I was a slacker - plain & simple! This week I vow to do better!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 56Kg (123.46 Ib)

Doesn't seem to want to bloody move from around this number!!!

Measurements are good though. I took my first measurements when I weighed 61kg (134.5Ib). These are my measurements now:

Waist: 76cm (29In)
    Hips: 85.5cm (33.6In)
    Chest: 86cm (88.8In)
    Thigh:52.5cm (20.7In)
    Arm: 28cm (11In)

I

Were the measurements you gave me initially from your 61kg weight? Cause according to my chart, I calculate a loss of 28.5cm (about 11.25 inches). That is awesome!!!!!! Great job!!!!

Yes, those measurements are from when I weighed 61 Kg (123.5 Ib). However I took them before I started this challange when I was10 pounds heavier (end of April). I hadn't changed much and didn't think to remeasure as all my clothes still fitted. It's not until the last few Ib's lost recently when all of a sudden I am two dress sizes down! It's these last pesky Ib's/kgs that have made the most difference and are the hardest to lose!!

Good luck everyone with the challange this week! I'm easy with my cardio but am struggling to get my weights in and I know it's so important!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    For me.....I think the "perfect week" is ----

-- drinking at least 8 glasses of water
    -- not going over on carbs
    -- exercise at least 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes (personally I think that each of those 3 days should include cardio and at least 2 should include some kind of strength, but I can be swayed on that opinion).
    -- calories within 100 (but I am not sure how I feel about eating back exercise calories.....I flip and flop with that)

Just my opinion. Who else???
  • vsetter
    Options

I am beginning to feel MFP is not helping me.

I feel the same way sometimes, but I continue to use mfp for the support. We are all here for you -- it seems like we are all stuck right now.....trying to break a plateau.....but we are in this together and can help keep each other postitive. We want to hear the good stuff, but please use this board to vent too. We'll listen and not judge, because we have all been there.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    OK - gonna try again. I had the whole message ready to go when my internet 'stopped responding'. Ugh!!

Overall, not my best week. I went over on calories Wed (hormone induced) & Sat (didn't get logged, but it was over). The rest were OK.

I started with a huge calorie burn on Sunday thanks to a 42 mile bike ride. And I ran/walked on Thursday. I couldn't manage to drag my backside out of bed to meet Jillian even once this week. Not good. I did continue to do squats, pushups & sit ups, but I didn't log any since they weren't for points (sad, huh?).

Oh - I did have a 2 lb loss. Which puts me below 150 (since I don't even remember when!) and 3 lbs from my goal weight. I'm sure I will create a new goal once I'm there, but I refuse to move the finish line before I reach it. I did manage to shop in my daughter's cast-off pile. She's lost weight with me and now I have inherited her size 8 shorts & size 11 jeans & a few medium tops. Yippee!!!

I liked Chesirechic's version of a perfect week. Which week doesn't matter - they're all crazy around here. It's the slow ones that trip me up more.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'm off to do some jumping jacks!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I'm going to have to go with you guys on this one....perfect week definition.....no more than 50-100 calories over or under. 3-4days of exercise, strength should be included in some form. 8 glasses of water is a must. Getting enough protein.

Valerie, there really is no great time for me.....until mid october (the 15th or so), so obviously don't worry about me, I will just have to try alittle harder...oh but if we could definitely not do it on the week of the 18-24 (which I elieve doesn't work for you either???)...I have a beerfest on the 24th and there is no way I will try :smile: I paid good money for these tickets and I will get my moneys worth, LOL!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love the support of the group and Kate always makes me laugh. She makes me feel old though :) I remember the days I use to go to beerfest. Now I get excited to get a manicure or go to the grocery store by myself :).

I have no good time either, so I will just need to go with it. Either I am traveling or my husband is and then I find it hard to eat well at night.

Also, I cannot decide what to do about exercise calories but I am going to try to eat more, but maybe not all
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday.

2 days of strength training (upper and lower). Think I met my calorie and water goals each day, but I had a really bad cold and super busy school schedule so I didn't get to exercise much. Hopefully this week will be better.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Val. That pretty much sums up a perfect week to me!

Cardio I get in easy peasy 3-4 times a week but the strength training.... terrible! So I would say 3X Cardio and 2X Weights per week.

I find the keeping within 100 calories on weekends, so damn hard!! If it's challange that doesn't require me counting exercies (I find it hard counting sit-ups/squats/push up etc. I'm too busy trying to breathe!), I'M IN!
  • nickikole1
    Options
    Interesting reading all your posts. I slacked so much last week that I didn't even want to log in and tell you guys any updates. I should have though. I might have tried to stop my unmotivated slump sooner. I hate that people seem to be in the same place as me, but I'm glad we can support each other through it.
  • nickikole1
    Options
    Val, I like your perfect week scenario. I'll try to pull it off no matter when you do it. If I can't do it on a difficult day, it won't be much easier on an easy day.:smile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I love the support of the group and Kate always makes me laugh. She makes me feel old though :) I remember the days I use to go to beerfest. Now I get excited to get a manicure or go to the grocery store by myself :).

HAHA!!! Jenn I am here for your amusement anytime, Honey!! XOXO
    Its so bad though that we drink so much on the weekends...no kids, so that keeps us out and about!!!!

I know some of us are struggling (myself included), but if we keep being here for each other and working towards our goals we will make it!!! These last few pounds are definitely the hardest and it takes tweaking our diets and exercise alittle to see those results, that used to come so easily!!!
    Keep up the great work everyone! One or two bad weeks aren't going to kill us, what's important is that we get back to it!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • vsetter
    Options

Oh - I did have a 2 lb loss. Which puts me below 150 (since I don't even remember when!) and 3 lbs from my goal weight. I'm sure I will create a new goal once I'm there, but I refuse to move the finish line before I reach it. I did manage to shop in my daughter's cast-off pile. She's lost weight with me and now I have inherited her size 8 shorts & size 11 jeans & a few medium tops. Yippee!!!

Cathie --- New clothes --- how exciting!!!! Congrats on the new size!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Well Ladies --- I think that we just have to blame last week on the holiday. Overall, it wasn't a very good week for us.

But there were a few that had success. Congrats to Cathie and cheshirechic. Cathie lost 2 pounds and cheshirechic lost 1 pound. Great job! Sorry ljbhill -- you and I don't get credit for our big weight loss since we were working off the vacation pudge :)

Special WOOHOOs to:

*** cheshirechic for being the only one to meet calorie goal for 7 days straight!

*** Kate, cheshirechic, and Brooklyn for drinking all of their water for 7 days straight!

week6.jpg

weightweek6.jpg
  • vsetter
    Options
    How many jumping jacks have you done???