JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    @TerriRichardson112 Thank you for the encouragement. I feel much better today and I am committed to paying closer attention to how certain foods make me feel physically. So much of what causes IBS can be made better with dietary changes. I’d rather that than to take additional medication.

JFT

Log everything ✅
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes ✅
    Start with one serving ✅
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat✅
    Be kind to my body

It was a good day 🙂
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday was a nice day, managed to go for a run for the first time all week. I find it so much easier to go at lunch than first thing in the morning. Shame I often have too many meetings to enable that. It was lovely though!

Weight has not yet moved but I'm not that surprised today as it follows our weekly pizza and wine evening. If I manage to stay in the green for a few days though surely it will move!!

Today we are meeting up with a friend for a walk which will be nice. Weather looks nice too so it should be a good day!

Anyway, yesterday's goals:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - Drink 4 bottles water :)
    - Go for run at lunch :)

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in or close to green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Catch up on emails
    Do tax
    Catch up on washing up!
    Spend quality time with boyfriend
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Hey everyone!

Really struggling with focus atm, I just can't concentrate on my goals, even when I post them I can't seem to really concentrate on achieving it.
    Dunno why but oh well! I'll keep going regardless, better than quitting!

Not sure what my. Plans are today. Just get stuff clean and get some shopping done I think, nothing special :)
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Struggling this week but Saturday is a new day. I can't change yesterday but can do something about today:

-1999 calories
    - Work out for 85 minutes
    -
  • sviers13
    It amazing how something so simple as stating your intentions and writing them down can make such a big difference.

I was on weight watchers and everything was set up by weeks. I’m having much more success taking it one day at a time with these small goals.

JFT

Log everything
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes
    Start with one serving
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat
    Be kind to my body
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Thank you friends for your kind words and support. My DIL’s surgery went smoothly and, although the recovery will be rough, she’s doing well. Fortunately, my son was able to take some time off work to help her get through the early post-op days.

Work has been overwhelming this week, and it seems like all my bad habits (mindless snacking, deferring exercise, poor food choices, etc.) have doubled down. Although I’m currently caught up on grading, meetings and extra support for struggling students have filled in all the holes in my schedule. My house is a mess, but finding the energy to deal with it is a struggle. Sigh...

On a brighter note, my eldest grandchild turns 11 today. He’s definitely hit the “tween” stage and will be spending the afternoon online playing videogames with his friends. I’ll be making him a cake shaped like an X-box controller for a low-key celebration later this evening. Fingers crossed that it turns out!

JFT Saturday 4/17
    • Bake that cake!
    • Clean up the kitchen
    • Quick grocery run
    • Straighten the house for the weekend
    • Watch my portions today

I’ve been trying to catch up with all the posts I’ve missed. It might take a while, but you are all in my thoughts.

@mytime6630 – Happy Anniversary! Forty-four years together is no small thing. I hope you and your husband found some time to celebrate your relationship.
    @TerriRichardson112 – I so appreciate your words of wisdom, even when – or perhaps especially when – I’m not in a place where I can apply them.
    @clicketykeys – I hear you. Teaching – whether online or in person – seems especially exhausting these days. Sorry you’re not getting the support you need.
    @HEGoddard0928 – It’s so hard to see the people we love in pain. Sometimes taking care of the little things like scheduling appointments is all we can do.
    @jeschepp – Congratulations on leveling up!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Friday 16th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no
    Walk 40 minutes
    Back exercises easy ones again
    Gardening yes
    Laundry yes
    Admin (but I want to be outside whilst the weather is good) no, stayed outside
    Gratitude first walk of the year without a big coat on!

It's late afternoon already, and I can't remember everything I did yesterday. I know I logged and was in the green...until the evening when I ate half a tube of crisps. I don't usually eat that many at once, I felt sick when I went to bed. I need to tell myself that every evening that I spoil my efforts by snacking pushes my goal weight further away.

I started today by logging but it's got away from me, so I'm going to have a relaxing day and not think about food. I've been in the garden and have the dogs visiting, it's a lovely day. I have extra time to myself today as when I went to my mum's she was watching the funeral on TV. It's on for hours and I don't want to watch it so I came home early.

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
    3 It's coming down :)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Regatta day. Kid did good. 2 1st place, 2 2nd place. Not much movement today. Had a big lunch. It was really good, but took most all of my calories for the day! Oh well, I’m okay with it. I may go over a bit, or I may find time to exercise this evening once I get home from Pittsburgh. No goals today, just enjoy the day.

Hope y’all have a great day!
  • sviers13
    It amazing how something so simple as stating your intentions and writing them down can make such a big difference.

I was on weight watchers and everything was set up by weeks. I’m having much more success taking it one day at a time with these small goals.

JFT

Log everything 💚
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes 💚
    Start with one serving 💚
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat💚
    Be kind to my body💚

I went back to the gym today and managed to do 20 minutes on the elliptical. It felt good but I am going to be sore🙂
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 18 April

I’m really struggling with my morning routine and forget to get on here and post. I will try to do better!

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 33/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 33/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7

🌷Positive intentions for Sun 1& April:
    • Meditation ✔️
    • Weigh/post weight ✔️
    • Outdoor walk
    • Family Skype
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email ✔️
    • Daily goals update✔️

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 17

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Was hoping to see my elder daughter and grandsons today, but DSiL broke his thumb yesterday and has to go to hospital today to get it set, and daughter doesn’t drive. Also weather is very showery so outdoor visit isn’t sensible.

Terri 🦄

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    Struggling this week but Saturday is a new day. I can't change yesterday but can do something about today:

-1999 calories 2792
    - Work out for 85 minutes 90 minutes

For Sunday

-1999 calories
    -Work out for 85 minutes
  • sviers13
    Log everything
    Start with only one serving
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat
    Be kind to my body
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Quick goals - I have a student in 15 minutes.

JFT Sunday 4/18
    • Finish cleaning up the kitchen
    • Work in the garden
    • Walk
    • Keep an eye on portions
  • pridesabtch
    Good that I had no goals yesterday, ‘cause after the regatta I did nothing. I did however manage to not eat after my late lunch/early dinner so I stayed within calories. Yay me!

JFT Sunday
    - listen to church
    - Maybe go for a bike ride
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Chill

Have a stellar day y’all!
  • sviers13
    Log everything 💚
    Start with only one serving
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat💚
    Be kind to my body💚

Well, I binged on Reese’s pieces and brownie brittle and now I have a pounding headache. So I guess that’s my body telling me to pay attention!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Saturday April 17
    1.5L of water - 😩
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂🙂

JFT - Saturday April 17
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes

Worked again today, must have made 50 trips to the printer.

I don’t know if I’ll get more walking in tonight or not.
  • pridesabtch
    Good that I had no goals yesterday, ‘cause after the regatta I did nothing. I did however manage to not eat after my late lunch/early dinner so I stayed within calories. Yay me!

JFT Sunday
    - listen to church 🤷‍♂️Fell asleep listening
    - Maybe go for a bike ride ✅
    - Log food✅
    - Stay green✅
    - Chill ✅

Have a stellar day y’all!

Yesterday was good, I wasn’t feeling well, but hubby wanted to try out his new bike so we went for a ride. It was a pretty low key thing on a flat trail. I drafted on the way back because I was feeling a bit weak. None the less I did it, and earned pizza for dinner. Yay!!!

Other than that, I pretty much just laid around. Oh well, we all have those days.

Right now it’s 4:30am, and I’m wide awake. That’s annoying.

JFT Mon
    - go back to bed
    - Work from home
    - Take Sierra’s cat to the shop
    - Maybe go for a walk
    - Tacos for dinner
    - Bed by 11:30
    - Log food
    - Stay green

Have a blessed day y’all!