What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Avocado toast is my current obsession

Even better? COCONUT MANNA TOAST

Why say 'either' or 'or'....a little of both sounds pretty good to me😛
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Beyond Meat veggie sausages. Omg they are so good.
    BBQ and wrap in a naan bread with veganaise, Dijon mustard and spring mix.
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    I'm figuring out more thing to put humus onto. Apple + humus, lettuce +salad dressing + humus, avocado + humus, humus mixed with hardboiled egg. Gee, maybe humus is a current obsession this week.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 199 Member
    Grilled chicken breast, basmati rice, and broccoli. I could eat it for every meal!
  • southkonahi
    Rh1aB1a wrote: »
    Grilled chicken breast, basmati rice, and broccoli. I could eat it for every meal!

That sounds simple and delicious! Brown basmati rice, I assume? I've never cooked that type of rice.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Coconut cream/lime/cilantro rice FTW
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Kid meat. It is milder and leaner than lamb. It's more expensive though, as goats need to be weaned later than lambs so they more expensive to raise. The billy's used to be slaughtered at birth because they were seen as a waste product of the goat cheese industry so it's nice to see some farmers raising the billy's for meat. We had roast kid goat racks tonight.
    jqe9i5hg3c7d.jpg
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    I have had strawberries with dark chocolate hummus every night for the past 3 weeks. Sometimes I add in some coconut milk whipped cream.
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    Premier protein shakes. I crave them after a workout. They must put something addictive in them, lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    Premier protein shakes. I crave them after a workout. They must put something addictive in them, lol

I have some just sitting in my cupboard. Got a few of them (freebie) but I haven't tried cause the ingredients don't jive with what I'd want to consume...
  • southkonahi
    I have had strawberries with dark chocolate hummus every night for the past 3 weeks. Sometimes I add in some coconut milk whipped cream.

I've never even heard of that yummy sounding flavor hummus! I looked online, and it seems to be double the calories of regular hummus (340 cal/2 oz for chocolate vs 170 cal/2.5 oz for plain hummus, so that will be a treat that I look forward to once I have a bit more weight loss. It sounds goooooood.
  • southkonahi

I finally found a protein drink (mix) that I can tolerate the texture and taste, and as time has gone by, I've grown to actually like it. I get it at Costco, Orgain Organic Protein mix (I choose the chocolate flavored). I mix one scoop with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    All the things I am having to now restrict due to my chronic medical junk acting up and causing increases in my pain levels.

Strawberries
    Tomatoes
    Yogurt
    Soda
    Curry
    Hot sauce

There is more but those are the cravings I am having that I can't fulfill.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member

I've never even heard of that yummy sounding flavor hummus! I looked online, and it seems to be double the calories of regular hummus (340 cal/2 oz for chocolate vs 170 cal/2.5 oz for plain hummus, so that will be a treat that I look forward to once I have a bit more weight loss. It sounds goooooood.

I buy Tribe. A serving is 60 calories for 33 g. A double serving at 66 g is actually really satisfying and filling for only 120 calories, especially if you put it on fruit rather than eat by the spoonful. It tastes like brownie batter. Give it a go!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Kid meat. It is milder and leaner than lamb. It's more expensive though, as goats need to be weaned later than lambs so they more expensive to raise. The billy's used to be slaughtered at birth because they were seen as a waste product of the goat cheese industry so it's nice to see some farmers raising the billy's for meat. We had roast kid goat racks tonight.
    jqe9i5hg3c7d.jpg

You may want to read this

https://www.treehugger.com/whats-wrong-with-veal-127519
  • PAPYRUS3
    I'm currently 'obsessing' over scrambling or stir frying Firm tofu with lots of cumin and tumeric/smoked paprika/blk. pepper/onions....lots of spice w/ assorted veggies/mushrooms....yum yum
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    edamame! I buy them as frozen bags, defrost one a week and that's my lunch. VERY filling, low calorie and so yummy!
  • PAPYRUS3
    edamame! I buy them as frozen bags, defrost one a week and that's my lunch. VERY filling, low calorie and so yummy!

Another thing I'm also 'obsessing' over...I think I've had these everyday now for weeks 🤣🤣 They make great little snacks!