60 yrs and up

Replies

• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Yay 63 hope it’s a great day 🎁 to heck with calories.. dance them off🥳🥳
  • Tuppence26
    Hi all,I just found this site and hope I can join you all. I haven’t figured out how to add friends as yet. I started MFP 11 days ago and am trying OMAD. So far things seem to be going well. Reading lots to try to inspire me during these early days and watching videos and success stories too.

• Tuppence26
    Hey Bonitabeach, just jump on in , you are very welcome.
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Tuppence26 wrote: »
    glojlilly wrote: »
    Checking in. Diet, calorie counts are out the door today. Celebrating 63 years!!! I'm getting all kinds of goodies today. 🎂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HOPE ALL YHOUR WISHES COME TRUE.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Checking in. Diet, calorie counts are out the door today. Celebrating 63 years!!! I'm getting all kinds of goodies today. 🎂

Happy birthday, Gloria! 🥳 🧁
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    TGIF for those of us still working... ROTFLOL.. Still rainy in Tx but I am not letting it keep me from at least a short run today..
  • alteredsteve175
    TGIF for those of us still working... ROTFLOL.. Still rainy in Tx but I am not letting it keep me from at least a short run today..

Heard that. I'm getting close, but retirement is two or three years out for me.
  • alteredsteve175
    Hi all,I just found this site and hope I can join you all. I haven’t figured out how to add friends as yet. I started MFP 11 days ago and am trying OMAD. So far things seem to be going well. Reading lots to try to inspire me during these early days and watching videos and success stories too.

To add friends on MFP on the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page.

Formerly, there was an option to send a message along with the request. That doesn't work any longer. Regardless, I recommend sending a introductory note after they add you. Mention the thread where you found them. some common interests or goals, etc.

I will send you a friend request.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Reading all the retirement posts! I'm still working, just as a casual. But they seem to need me a lot. I may have several days off, then work several days in a row. Medical field. I told them no night shifts, no standby ER call, and it has been wonderful to almost call the shots of when I will work, and when I don't want to. For the first time ever, if I want to visit family, I can go without "begging" for vacation time. Love it, but also glad they still keep me on staff so I can supplement my income. And yes, loving Medicare!!

My birthday was a few days ago, and most of the staff were surprised at my age. (67). Guess my weight keeps the wrinkles filled out, hahaha. Have lost quite a bit of weight but restarted my ticker because I was not kind to my health in this last pandemic year, and I want to be honest with myself as I try to keep healthy!

AnnPT77 love your flower pics. I tried to grow the checkered Fritillaria where I live, but it was just too cold. Looking forward to garden flowers, and wildflowers when they come.

I enjoy everyone's posts, and glad to see this thread active and rolling on!

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.

Formerly, there was an option to send a message along with the request. That doesn't work any longer. Regardless, I recommend sending a introductory note after they add you. Mention the thread where you found them. some common interests or goals, etc.

really even messages with friend requests don't come thru? :( I know messages to folks who are not your friends don't but I always thought the little request msg came thru....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member

really even messages with friend requests don't come thru? :( I know messages to folks who are not your friends don't but I always thought the little request msg came thru....

Messages sent after your friend request is accepted should go through.

There used to be a way to combine a friend request with a short message (all in one, kinda). That's no longer possible. (It was being abused, shockingly enough, for come-ons or harassment. People!)
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Hi all. Hope you have had a productive week. Things are heating up in Sacramento and I made a decision to use our pool this year. Last year we had too much smoke for much outdoors. Praying for a summer without such devastating fires. Since all the family are vaccinated we are planning a few trips which will be nice. I do well on vacation but not so great at being home which is another way of saying I'm a boredom eater. Wishing you all a good week.
  • Tuppence26

• Tuppence26
    Awesome thanks
  • Tuppence26

• Tuppence26
    Good for you, when I’m out in the rain, I say”I’m 65 and I haven’t melted yet”
  • Tuppence26
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Reading all the retirement posts! I'm still working, just as a casual. But they seem to need me a lot. I may have several days off, then work several days in a row. Medical field. I told them no night shifts, no standby ER call, and it has been wonderful to almost call the shots of when I will work, and when I don't want to. For the first time ever, if I want to visit family, I can go without "begging" for vacation time. Love it, but also glad they still keep me on staff so I can supplement my income. And yes, loving Medicare!!

My birthday was a few days ago, and most of the staff were surprised at my age. (67). Guess my weight keeps the wrinkles filled out, hahaha. Have lost quite a bit of weight but restarted my ticker because I was not kind to my health in this last pandemic year, and I want to be honest with myself as I try to keep healthy!

AnnPT77 love your flower pics. I tried to grow the checkered Fritillaria where I live, but it was just too cold. Looking forward to garden flowers, and wildflowers when they come.

I enjoy everyone's posts, and glad to see this thread active and rolling on!

• Tuppence26
    I have had a year in retirement but $$$$ have driven me back into the workforce, (65) not keen, but you have to do what you have to do. Keep honest today🤗🤗
  • Tuppence26
    g96jkpi8a1nr.jpg
    I'm in rainy Texas as well. It messes with my outdoor plans. I'm afraid to buy landscape flowers. I think they may wash away.
    I had a great birthday. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got briefly sick at work before the big day. Drunk some old coffee left in my yeti. My sister got me 2 dozen chocolate covered fruit. I'm really not a sweets snacker. Also Michigan family sent me 4 dozen roses in a large vase . I felt I was looking at my own memorial. Why so many roses I thought. Showing love I told myself. They look beautiful. I love flowers outdoors better. Plants are different. They're still growing. Getting back on track.
    63...wow, I can't believe it. I used to ignore the numbers but I can't now. I'm a senior citizen, lol. It's time to live girl!
    Speaking of Medicare. My 83 yr old mother seems to have appointments every 2 months on Medicare. Diabetic Dr., foot Dr., dental Dr., eye Dr., heart Dr, medical Dr, etc. It gives her somewhere to go besides walking the 2 dogs with my brother, fishing, thrift store shopping, meijers for groceries steering fast in the handicap wheelie, beauty college hair appts, church, etc. She is quite active.
    Clothes for the summer someone said. I need to use what I have. This pandemic made me lose a whole year wearing what I already have. Besides, I haven't lost that much to celebrate. Not yet. I need to work more harder!
    m3xrkgblpdtb.jpg
    c1cytljh9ynm.jpg
    Here is mom.83. I hope I get around as good as she does. I had to stop her from filling out employment applications last week. She just renewed her driving license. Cooks , cleans and gardens a little.yrzjlvcs6lja.jpg
    g96jkpi8a1nr.jpg
    I'm in rainy Texas as well. It messes with my outdoor plans. I'm afraid to buy landscape flowers. I think they may wash away.
    I had a great birthday. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got briefly sick at work before the big day. Drunk some old coffee left in my yeti. My sister got me 2 dozen chocolate covered fruit. I'm really not a sweets snacker. Also Michigan family sent me 4 dozen roses in a large vase . I felt I was looking at my own memorial. Why so many roses I thought. Showing love I told myself. They look beautiful. I love flowers outdoors better. Plants are different. They're still growing. Getting back on track.
    63...wow, I can't believe it. I used to ignore the numbers but I can't now. I'm a senior citizen, lol. It's time to live girl!
    Speaking of Medicare. My 83 yr old mother seems to have appointments every 2 months on Medicare. Diabetic Dr., foot Dr., dental Dr., eye Dr., heart Dr, medical Dr, etc. It gives her somewhere to go besides walking the 2 dogs with my brother, fishing, thrift store shopping, meijers for groceries steering fast in the handicap wheelie, beauty college hair appts, church, etc. She is quite active.
    Clothes for the summer someone said. I need to use what I have. This pandemic made me lose a whole year wearing what I already have. Besides, I haven't lost that much to celebrate. Not yet. I need to work more harder!
    m3xrkgblpdtb.jpg
    c1cytljh9ynm.jpg
    Here is mom.83. I hope I get around as good as she does. I had to stop her from filling out employment applications last week. She just renewed her driving license. Cooks , cleans and gardens a little.yrzjlvcs6lja.jpg