What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    I had some eggs that needed to be used up soon so made a mini frittata with prosciutto, feta and olives. Side of Caesar salad.

h7adsccmz8u2.jpeg
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    whsf5pfmkpcq.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Copycat KFC done in the air fryer using the Chicago Tribune recipe. Slaw of spiralized swede and carrot. Copycat Kraft dinner using dehydrated cheese bought online.
    3fzepc0kup1b.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2021
    Salmon with brown rice & millet ramen. Sauce of hoisin, soy sauce, ginger & garlic plus toasted sesame seeds and Gochugaru.

8w5jka9s082x.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Whole wheat pasta w black beans.2u1ssp0gji3g.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I made grilled eggplant w my MIL's recipe.lzg925b1nuyw.jpg

@snowflake954 That eggplant looks amazing!
  • snowflake954

Thanks! In Italy my husband's mother made this. It's a family recipe from Puglia. Ask your husband if he's ever seen it.
  • TX375
    TX375 Posts: 17 Member

Looks great! I had hundreds of eggplant in the garden last summer. Mostly made caponata... only way my kids will eat it!
  • Safari_Gal_

Thanks! In Italy my husband's mother made this. It's a family recipe from Puglia. Ask your husband if he's ever seen it.

Hi @snowflake954 😉!

This made his day. He is missing the produce back home. To him, nothing beats the melanzane Or carciofi from his Nonna Mafalda’s garden.

He asked if it is melanzane al pesto? Menta?

🤗
  • Safari_Gal_
    dj9pqpigb9g5.jpeg

I was gifted some oat groats and oat bran.... so I simmered it up with some vanilla, blackberries and blueberries... the blackberries disintegrated 😬 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • snowflake954

Hi @snowflake954 😉!

This made his day. He is missing the produce back home. To him, nothing beats the melanzane Or carciofi from his Nonna Mafalda’s garden.

He asked if it is melanzane al pesto? Menta?

🤗

Nope. I grilled the slices of eggplant (melanzane) and salted them. I then layered them w EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes (peperoncino), parsley, and a spray of vinegar---repeat--repeat. I called my husband's cousin to be sure I remembered how my MIL made them. She told me that they also use mint (mentucchio) instead of parsely.