Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I prefer animals to people.

what about people who behave like animals?

I guess it depends on what you consider animal behavior.
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    At the height of the pandemic when I was still a reporter I'd day drink. I was still smart about it and didn't drink if I had to drive to an interview, be in a phone or zoom interview, but yeah...I definitely drank while working and my editor was okay with it. LOL I think she was in the same boat...
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda anti Chick Flick (except at Christmas when I binge watch Hallmark and Falalalala Lifetime) 😜
    But absolutely prefer watching crazy non-stop Action Movies, Political Thrillers and (jump outta your seat) Horrors! Love that adrenaline rush!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    Where ever my son and grandchildren live,
    that’s where I’ll live.
    I grew up with my grandparents in different cities and states but I can’t imagine not living in the same city as my son.
    Maybe since he’s an only child, maybe it’s the grandkids, maybe it’s because I’m adopted and they are my only blood relatives.
    I really don’t know.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have Symmetry OCD. I get fixated on the alignment and arrangement of objects.

I have this too. I’ll rearrange things as many times as it takes for it to feel right.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

only for loudspeakers... gotta have that balance and 'sweet spot'.

most everything else - Co mpL et e. Ch Aos an dMis-maTched iS MyC oMfortZo ne
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

k3tch0q4mz7n.gif
  • Peachesand_cream
    Options

I have this too. I’ll rearrange things as many times as it takes for it to feel right.

Someone who gets me 😊
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

k3tch0q4mz7n.gif

Actually....well, yeah, I want most everything dialed-in and squared away.

Having a USMC dad will leave that kind of impression.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Haha I've been going through this recently with dh and his apparent symmetry OCD. We were trying to come together for creating a kitchen design(WITH a contractor and kitchen design guy from the kitchen place who, I'm sure, will know to give their input with suggestions) and he wants everything perfect, got his tape measure out and reeling off numbers/measurements left and right. My eyes glaze over because Me? I just want the dang silverware drawer near the sink. Haha And FWIW, he's just as clueless as I am when it comes to this type of thing. :)

Same with planting flowers along our front walk. I bought solar lights to offset the plants and he's got his tape out there measuring how many inches/feet between everything for it to look right. He said what do you think? I said "I don't care! I'll just put the plants and lights beside the walkway and see how it might look!"

Only one of the reasons why we don't work well together. :)
    We're all so different.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,030 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Is it a personal thing or does other peoples asymmetry bother you both too? I would probably drive you both over the edge.
  • Peachesand_cream
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Is it a personal thing or does other peoples asymmetry bother you both too? I would probably drive you both over the edge.

It doesn't bother me "as much" when it's someone else's house etc. Just never leave the room for an extended period of time...you may come back to find me moving things around to make it more aesthetically appealing to my eyes. 😆

Also, I'm the perfect guest to have at your next party. I'll have the place spotless before the night is over.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

It doesn't bother me "as much" when it's someone else's house etc. Just never leave the room for an extended period of time...you may come back to find me moving things around to make it more aesthetically appealing to my eyes. 😆

Also, I'm the perfect guest to have at your next party. I'll have the place spotless before the night is over.

Oh I wouldn’t mind at all! I’m very much an eyeball it type of person…pic looks good there? Nail it to the wall. Then I eyeball it again to space them out etc. 😂 I think it turns out good enough. I’m also really good at rigging things up and using “unconventional tools” for things. You might hate me a little but I think it would be ok. I’m only a perfectionist with things that don’t really matter. Like party invitations and stuff like that.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @MelG7777 that's me as well. I have no problem with symmetry as a rule but hate to have to listen to someone spouting off measurements over and over and expect me to remember or even listen. My eyes glaze easily. Lining candles up on my shelf, books big to little, certain things I'll do what feels right to my eye. Placing flowers and solar lights along the walk is the same way. Why worry about if something's 4.5" apart versus 5" and making sure it's exactly perfect? If it's good enough for my eyes, it'll be good enough for everybody elses. :) IMO symmetry is highly over rated. Lol
    We all have individual ways of doing things. Just don't make me do it your way. :)
  • MelG7777
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @MelG7777 that's me as well. I have no problem with symmetry as a rule but hate to have to listen to someone spouting off measurements over and over and expect me to remember or even listen. My eyes glaze easily. Lining candles up on my shelf, books big to little, certain things I'll do what feels right to my eye. Placing flowers and solar lights along the walk is the same way. Why worry about if something's 4.5" apart versus 5" and making sure it's exactly perfect? If it's good enough for my eyes, it'll be good enough for everybody elses. :) IMO symmetry is highly over rated. Lol
    We all have individual ways of doing things. Just don't make me do it your way. :)

See, you get me! I feel like we could all move in together Golden Girls style with the different dynamics and see where it leads us.😂