What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    A lot! Did a session of Reddit Recommended Routine (bodyweight workout). Then in the evening I ran 3.35km as first part of my getting better at running again Garmin routine. Yes, I did feel the strength workout during running. At the same time I could not run slowly and somehow managed to run the fastest 3km this year. While this was supposed to be a slow run. Ho hum... :D
  • bostonpaul22
    bostonpaul22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Push workout today, chest tricep shoulders along with abs and 20 min on 12 incline 3.5mph
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Yoga blew last night. New instructor that just basically wanted you in power poses until you were in a lot of pain. Not enjoyable.

Today was supersetting (lots of pullups, pushups, deadlifts, weighted squats, overhead presses, lateral raises, lunges and weighted step ups) followed immediately by a tougher short interval row on the machine.

Roughly 800 calories on the hour. The 31 minutes is the rowing portion. It splits it up when your HR goes down for an extended time. The last half was the row and the first half is the lifting sets.

9dbspgq99789.jpg
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Yoga blew last night. New instructor that just basically wanted you in power poses until you were in a lot of pain. Not enjoyable.

Today was supersetting (lots of pullups, pushups, deadlifts, weighted squats, overhead presses, lateral raises, lunges and weighted step ups) followed immediately by a tougher short interval row on the machine.

Roughly 800 calories on the hour. The 31 minutes is the rowing portion. It splits it up when your HR goes down for an extended time. The last half was the row and the first half is the lifting sets.

Hear you loud and clear on the Yoga suck factor, amigo! I really dislike "Power Yoga" since I'm after flexibility, balance and recovery during yoga. I much prefer enduring pain from other sources.

Your chart, however, tells the story of productive discomfort! That's quite an effort for an hour. The graph is a great visual view of your cardio fitness, since your HR drops like a stone between rounds. That means that you'd leave most folks in the dust when rounds 4 and 5 come along and they're gasping for breath, unable to recover and your engine is running just above idle speed. Wow.

• Djproulx
    Options
    First day of the training week. Felt great after a rest day. Bike/Run brick workout.
    Bike: 1:20:00 endurance session called "Tempo 20's" 25 minutes of various warmup outputs, cadences, then the main block was 2 x (20min@ 175W/5min recovery @120w) then cooldown.
    Run: 15 min ez transition run. Felt great coming off the bike and then caught myself going too fast starting the run. Eased back to 10:00 pace.

Consumed some electrolytes even though this was only a 95min session. Trying to keep ahead of fluids and electrolytes during the week to help recovery and set me up for two long training days again this weekend.

Swim/run tomorrow.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    40 min swim / 2100 yards
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I had a hospital appointment, and I don't like the Tube, so I did a lot walking to get back from it. (I also needed to do some running to get my train on the way there.)

The good news is that flesh has grown over the device covering the hole in my heart, so I now have full scuba sign off! My bend was in 2017, do it's taken me a while to sort out.

I hangboarded when I got home, and then did a quick bench session. I was reasonably strong at the hangboarding. For bench I got 3 sets of 8, 50 kgs.

I ended the day on over 20,000 steps.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    lap swim this morning. 2400 yds done as four blocks of 10x50's, w/10 rest. Various sighting and fast start strokes to mix up the 50's.

Will do a 45 min run with tempo blocks tonight.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Boot camp with a lot of pushups today morning... evening will try to get a run/walk in depending on the weather...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 35-30-30-30-30s (2m35s)
    Hollow Body Holds - 35-30-30-30-30s (2m35s)
    Pull-ups - 8-7-7-7-7r (36r)
    Ring Dips - 8-7-7-7-7r (36r)
    Jumprope - 5x60s (5m)

Vacuums later today...
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Today is leg day!! Absolutely cannot wait to be at the gym making my sticks cry!
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Went for a little jog. Last did a 10k run 25 yrs ago.

ug9ocevgt9ks.jpeg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,083 Member
    Options
    * Rowed bow in a quad, 6951m. Heavier boat, easier to get suspension for better leg work.
    * Walked 5.19mi, 3.6mph - knees are juuussst hanging in there at a tolerable level, so keeping it kinda slow for comfort. Then Garmin mysteriously upgraded my walking VO2max estimate from 40 to 41. 🙄🤣🤷‍♀️
    * Strength-ish supersets for 33', mostly upper body, mostly push, mostly dumbbells, conditioning kind of intensity.
  • DeterminedDivaMN
    DeterminedDivaMN Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pahla B's Walk Off the Weight Day 4. I'm alternating her videos with DDPY (yoga).
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Morning boot camp.. evening badminton
  • MikePfirrman
    edited May 2021
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had a hospital appointment, and I don't like the Tube, so I did a lot walking to get back from it. (I also needed to do some running to get my train on the way there.)

The good news is that flesh has grown over the device covering the hole in my heart, so I now have full scuba sign off! My bend was in 2017, do it's taken me a while to sort out.

I hangboarded when I got home, and then did a quick bench session. I was reasonably strong at the hangboarding. For bench I got 3 sets of 8, 50 kgs.

I ended the day on over 20,000 steps.

Only a hardcore person thinks, "hey great, now my heart surgery has skin...", "I can scuba again!".

That's great news for you, I know you love to do that.
  • Kobe8Kobe24
    Kobe8Kobe24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    60 mins of HIIT jumping , push ups , 3.0 miles walk
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Run today had a slight touch of speed work in it. An hour's effort, starting with 10min of warmup pace, 5 min endurance pace, then 12 rounds of (2min @aerobic pace/30 second pickups) with pickups getting faster in each of 3 rounds. First pickup done at 8:55pace, then 8:35pace, then 8:11pace, then back to 8:55, etc. finished with 10min cooldown.

I'm still not doing any true speed work, but the toggling back and forth between paces really seems to help me build run fitness.

• MikePfirrman
    Options
    Yesterday off (had my pool equipment worked on). Today, just 20 minutes rowing. Had to follow my wife to get her car's oil change and drive back. I might miss tomorrow too since I have 3 different contractors here tomorrow.

Golf tonight. Might try the half marathon Sunday as this is the most rested I'll likely be for some time.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    4 sets of 10 leg press @ 130 lb
    3 sets of 10 one leg KB deadlift
    3 sets of 10 tricep extension - 40 lb
    20 min stair master (100 flights of stairs)
    1500 yd swim - 30 min