What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Recovery bike today: 40minutes of easy spin
    Strength work: 30minutes body weight stuff.

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    80-day Obsession leg day!! I took a few day break after the pandemic started so I had to restart. On day 12 rn
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    3.5 mile run tonight, nice cool evening!
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell squat and press
    Single leg RDL
    Dumbbell floor press
    Walking lunges
    Bent over rows with resistance band
    Resistance band curls
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    I ran 5k. Took me 8 runs to get from zero to 5k after a rather long running break.
  • LoveyChar
    Ran 4.2 miles & did five 1-minute forearm planks!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Training plan called for a 2:35:00 indoor ride, but my coach suggested I just pick an outdoor ride of my choice today, so I did. Put in 33.2 miles in 2:03:00, including 1,955ft of climbing, almost all of it in the first hour.

Today's workout was a brick session, so I jumped off the bike right into a 30 minute run. Took almost 15 minutes to find my legs after pushing hard while climbing on the bike, but I felt fine at the end.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Today: Yoga with Adrienne home day 14, 20 burpees, 14 min intervals on the Max trainer. Stretching.
  • LoveyChar
    Ran 7 miles!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Busy day. Did an hour rowing in the AM, then weeding around the yard. Went on a 16 mile (very casual) bike ride with the wife and then swam for an hour, mostly just splashing around. It was my wife's B-day this weekend so we heated the pool
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Yesterday was active relaxation day. Walked through the nature area outside my town for about 12km. Sand mostly, thus it felt a bit more.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited April 2020
    I did a row in the morning. I did 5k in 2.11 pace, a personal best.

I the evening, I did a max effort pull up session. I think I got 3 new PBs! 😀 Yeeeahhhh budddyyyy

It is odd, I felt terrible in the morning but things improved throughout the day.

The session was:
    Dynamic stretches; band stuff; Burpees; max rep unweighted (14, a PB); Max weighted (5 reps @10kgs, a PB); 1 armed negatives with bands; 2 arm negatives; dead hangs (95 seconds, a PB); explosive pull ups; 90 degree lock with two hands; yoga.

It took just over 2 hours.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    One hour easier row today. The HR monitor battery died and although I have a backup, didn't feel like setting it up so I was going off effort, not HR for a change. Around 2:35.7 pace for the hour (really easy).

Congrats again Matt on the PB, that's fantastic. You're likely faster than me already! I'm having a go at the 6K on Friday. Haven't pushed a row that long in quite a while. I'm thinking 2:11 or so and I'd be really happy with that. Not sure I have that in me at present as I've been doing a ton of meters.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Today I took 2 40 minute walks around the neighborhood and did Day 1 of 80 Day Obsession. Before this whole COVID thing I was feeling really great about my lifting numbers..... but today was definitely an ego check!
  • LoveyChar
    Ran 4.2 miles!

And...
    Day #1 of Muffin Top Challenge ☑️ =
    10 Reverse Crunches
    10 Russian Twists
    10 Side Jack Knives
    10 Side Planks
    10 Bicycle Crunches
  • MikePfirrman
    Harder sprint interval workout today. 5 minute W/U, then 25 hard strokes (around 50 second sprints), let HR settle to 140 as I'm rowing slowly, repeat until an hour is up.

My metrics for this row has been how many intervals can I get in and how fast is the rate/SPM. All have improved as the number of reps (19 today).

Around 900 calories burned.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    AM: Kettlebells with ab work and a shot of triceps

PM: 3 mile Leslie Sansone workout with resistance bands + Deep stretching
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm a light weight. 20 minutes of yoga and a 1 mile walk.

(I hurt my back so I'm in "take it easy, burn some calories" mode)
  • MikePfirrman
    briscogun wrote: »
    I'm a light weight. 20 minutes of yoga and a 1 mile walk.

(I hurt my back so I'm in "take it easy, burn some calories" mode)

That was me half of last year. Hope it feels better soon! I can sympathize.
  • LoveyChar
    Ran 4 miles today!

And did Muffin Top Challenge Day #2:
    15 Reverse Crunches
    15 Russian Twists
    15 Side Jack Knives
    15 Side Planks
    15 Bicycle Crunches