WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    Tracey-sad news regarding nephew. It is so good, despite his problems, that you see the soul underneath. Many times people just see what the drugs/alcohol do to the person and don't see the real them. It is very good he gets some involvement with his daughter. Due to my work, while I know adoptive parents are wonderful in providing forever homes, children wonder about their birth parents.

Heather-sometimes it does feel like getting old sucks, but I still think it beats the alternatives! My DIL thinks I should hire someone to come to the house to do everything right now. I consulted Dr. Google and the majority of sources do reference not getting rid of all activities (evidently you still want to focus on strengthening the muscles, etc.). So I will take it slow-no heavy lifting etc., but modify how I handle some things for a bit.

Yesterday the small rug cleaner I order arrived. Really need something to do large area rug. Now with back don't know about using it quite yet. Am checking it out today to see how the adding water to it is done. With it full it is probably better that I don't lift it right now-but I have to see if there are alternative means!

Going to return a couple of things to Kohls today. Have boxes in car to go to Goodwill. Going to be a puttering around sort of day. May not get heavy cleaning done, but just focusing on sorting and shredding old papers, etc. will help tidy things up and make me feel better.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm feeling a little better.

Wednesday night I dozed on the sofa then went to bed at about 11 pm ... and didn't get up until noon on Thursday (yes 13 hours, with about 3 quick trips to the toilet somewhere in there). I was up for a grand total of about an hour and I returned to bed to sleep till about 5 pm when I got up for dinner. Then I was back on the sofa for much of the evening and asleep in bed by midnight.

This morning I was up about noon (yes, another 12 hours) ... then asleep on the sofa for a couple hours from about 3 pm. But I've been up since 5 pm ... so that's good! This is the longest I've been awake since I got home from work on Wednesday.

And I'm not quite as sore. I am able to sit upright and move a little.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Terri - Just a thought FYI. If you did want to take a Saga cruise, they would organise door to door transport for you, taking you to the airport, booking the flights, picking you up from the airport, and taking you to the ship. If you can fly to Southampton you could go on a departure from there. All this costs money, but makes life a whole lot easier.
    Just a thought. <3 For me, the door to door care is hugely important. I had a Portuguese river cruise booked last year. (Cancelled) They organised all the getting there.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    Heather: - We have 100s of cruise ships stopping in Belfast, but very few starting from here. We would love to do an Icelandic cruise, but would have to embark from one of the mainland ports. You are so lucky living on the south coast. So much choice.
    Debbie: - You did a great job on the photos. I hope everything goes to plan. Sending loving thoughts to you and your family.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Kkkkkkk
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💚💙❤️💛
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited May 2021
    Heather: - We have done that in the past, but it does limit your luggage, and we had to book a hotel because of the flight times. It can be quite expensive.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    edited May 2021
    Morning again ladies
    Machka- alot of it my fault for letting him.do it,he is a wiz at keeping bills all paid up and i made way less than him,thats why i tried keeping up with housework,lawn etc.. because I had more time than he did..
    But thats all water under the bridge now..
    Waiting for the other shoe to drop when he serves papers to reduce the alimony, i dont think the judge will look at what he has been earning and me having 2 heart surgeries and stage 5 kidney disease ,that they will reduce it,like I have said before I forgive but dont forget...
    We always had picnics on memorial day weekend his moms birthday was the 30th she would have been 95 Sunday.. I remind him of these things because its important to remember your parents.
    My head is killing me and im just chillin with the dog..
  • TerriRichardson112
    Allie: - You put up with a lot from Tom. Hope your headache passes quickly.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    M in OZ: The Walgreens pharmacy here bought a freezer and stored the Phizer vaccine in it. Other pharmacies in our area are using other vaccines that do not require freezing. Will your DH be able to get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine? :star:

Tracey: I am so sorry for your nephew’s situation. :cry:

Heather: Excess sodium makes my hands swell, too. I’ve been more careful in the amount I am willing to eat. Potato chips are sure to make my hands swell. :grumble: I quit buying them and that helped resolve the problem. :star:

(((Ginger)))

Lisa: I am sorry you had a bad night. Have you been put on any dietary regime? DH was told he could not eat wheat products, such as flour. He was put on a Fodmap diet, developed in Australia. That diet eliminated wheat and shifted him to gluten free flours. He is doing better now. I don’t know whether this would work for your situation, but it may be worth looking into. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I hope your lawyer is on top of the latest Tom try at reducing the money you should get. :grumble:

Yoga today—I hope. The last time I went in to go to yoga, the class had been cancelled. I think I’ll call to verify whether there is a class this morning.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    amioc wrote: »
    Thank you Barbie, for starting May off right! Today's feast of a salad: fresh spinach, wild rice, mozzarella shredded, walnuts, black olives, half an avocado, 2 small tomatoes, and yogurt creamy dressing! Then waited an hour and had coffee with 1/2 of my apple fritter husband bought me yesterday. Opened at 12 noon, closed at 2pm. Easy peasy.
    This months goal is to slowly increase my walking distance daily. Currently its at 2 miles Monday-Thursdays. This past week was not consistent because of my covid test, and colonoscopy. Next week we have to shop on Thursday, because Friday I get #2 of the moderna shot.
    Talked to my eldest sister Pam today, and since she's at her new place in Oregon, she wants to have a family reunion July 23, 24 and 25th. We should both be cleared by then to travel. One stipulation is you have to be vaccinated. I don't think that's being unrealistic. Plus its her event, and she can make that request in my book. She said Lee and I could have the queen in the 5th wheel they have. They had bought it so they had someplace to stay as they were revamping their home. So I thought that was nice of her to offer that.💖 Lee is not thrilled about visiting my side of the family. I told him that I could just be dropped off to my middle sisters home, which is about 30 minutes from Lee's mom's house. Then its only a 1 hour and 50 minutes drive from middle sisters to eldest sisters home. Or her daughters might go. If they've been vaccinated. It all depends if middle sister gets off her butt and gets vaccinated. Presently she hasn't done any. I am a bit bummed Lee isn't interested in visiting my side, but that's his choice. I told him, he could pick me up, before we head toward the coast to visit.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Hi ☺️ I’m having the same jab as you on Sunday, how did you feel after? When you say you wasn’t consistent because of it is that because you ate more or did you eat less?

Hey there! I wasn't consistent because the colonoscopy prep had made my digestive track stall, so it was 4 days before that got started. Meanwhile, the Moderna #2 had made me get the chills and be achy. So those couple of weeks I did not go 4 days a week walking on the treadmill. I'm still working up to that! If its not one thing its another. This week it was vertigo at night and waking up stiff necked with a headache. I just have to learn to soldier on!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Awe Lisa, hugs friend! I hope your gut issues get resolved. Sending the calmest gut lullabies I can sing to you💖! (Hmm googling gut lullabies)...
    💐👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Katla49
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Did twelve minutes of walking. Glutes are a little tired but not sore. My left calf hurts but not too bad. I think I will stay at twelve for a few days. Give my calf more time to build muscle.
  • Katla49
    I went to the athletic club for yoga this morning and rode the stationary bike for a while. Nobody else showed up. I need to get myself onto my teacher’s call list.