WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    [b
    Debbie: - You did a great job on the photos. I hope everything goes to plan. Sending loving thoughts to you and your family.
    THANK YOU~
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Terri- and stupidly stayed for 19 yrs,got divorced after 20.. yes the attorney knows,though right now she is dealing with her daughter in the hospital with spinal issues.
    I have just laid low and have slept alot today..
    We are supposed to get severe storms this afternoon and tonight.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Lisa ... I am so sorry your gut issues are resurfacing (or rather haven't been eradicated yet) ... praying this is soon resolved!

Tracey ... glad to hear your nephew is doing well enough to visit his daughter.

Ginny ... you take it easy with that back!

Ginger ... I am a master procrastinator ...

Vicki ... I am really glad it's Friday too. It seemed to be a long week.

My knee is slowly responding to either the PT or the PRP injection ... or maybe it's the combination of both. Still unable to flex enough to walk on stairs normally. But that's the goal.

A dear friend has invited my husband and I to a Memorial Day picnic. We declined a recent invitation to a large bonfire event she hosted a couple of weeks ago, but felt that we might be able to handle this event on Monday. Less than 15 people ... mostly family that knew my son well and were good friends of his ... so they will understand. While we are very good at burying signs of our grief around people, it does become tiring so being able to be ourselves will be a relief. We also don't have to stay long if it becomes too much. I've been asked to bring potato salad which my friend hates to make but her husband loves to eat. I hate to make it too, but I will anyways.

It is a rainy, miserably cold day here. Hoping my potted vegetables like it!

Beth near Buffalo

• LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    The long weekend is here. On my agenda, is planting 5 bushes, getting my books sale-ready, menu-planning (cleaning out the fridge), working on the week's swim team workouts, and enjoying time with my family.

Next Thursday morning I head to my folks' house. It's getting harder and harder (my mom's health has been declining for 2 years now. Each time I go, I wonder if this is the last time. My dad takes care of her full time, and that is really stressful. I tried convincing him to get a home health nurse, but he doesn't see the point. It's a long, long story -- and I'm still not sure she's being treated correctly. I need to plan my food, so I'm not tempted to snack on stuff my dad keeps for all of the grandkids. I may, however, have a muffin this time if he has them. Learning to live with food is a huge part of my personal recovery.

If I'm not around much this weekend, I hope you all have a great one! Thankfully, I've ever only personally known one veteran who was KIA. I have two grandfathers who served in WWII, one army and one Navy. They are both gone now. I never knew the grandfather in the Navy, I've only ever read about him. My other grandfather was a man worth remembering -- how he came home safely after being shot multiple times ... well, we can only thank God.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Beth
    I love your new photo! :)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Kkk
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 20min 49sec, 3.41ap, 99elev, 84ahr,6133mhr, 8.12mi= 814c
    Strava app- 984c
    Zwift bike trainer- 15min est, 259elev, 128ahr, 158mhr, 17.5amph est, 5.02mi= 160c

Oral cal 974
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    Lisa . Sorry your gut issues have flared up again. Hoping the new meds do the trick. It sounds like you have a productive weekend planned.

Tracey - So sad about your nephew. It’s good that he has been able to visit his daughter. I see that you are still suffering with your back pain. So wearing when you have constant pain. (((Hugs)))

Ginny - You also take it easy with your back! It seems to take forever for backs to mend.

Ginger - I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure. #masterprocrastinator

Vicki - Very glad it's Friday, even better it’s a long weekend. Not so good weather forecast, but we’ll take it!!!

Beth: Good to know that your knee is slowly responding to either the PT or the PRP injection ... or maybe it's the combination of both. The flexibility will improve if you keep working at it. I hope you feel able to go to the picnic. It will do you good to be with people who knew your son and understand.

I’m sitting with my feet up watching Gardener’s World. Life is good.

☘️ Terri

• dlfk202000
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Ok, so I have no idea why the photo is uploading on its side. But then, my life is side of on its side right now, so I'll go with it.

at least you can post a picture- I tried to do one when I first started but it said the picture was too big and I am clueless on how to make it smaller- I need to ask my son to help, or dh but would rather figure it out on my own.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Way to go Ginger! You are rocking the daily binge challenge!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Ginger I missed you I am glad you are posting with us again
  • pipcd34
    Iiii
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Lisa)))

Tracey. - Your poor nephew. Lost custody of his child, and now the mother of his child is dead. So very sad.

Karen in Virginia
  • dlfk202000
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend-
    Heading up to mom's now.
    I will check back in Monday night or Tuesday morning

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    On Fridays I like to play a game of 50 Things - where I push myself to complete 50 tasks. Big or small. Daily routine stuff and stretch to some things I’ve procrastinated about.
    Here’s today’s list - so far:
    ✔️1. Weigh, hygiene
    ✔️2. test blood glucose
    ✔️3. Reschedule blood donation
    ✔️4. Confirm oral surgery Appt.
    ✔️5. Check in with sibs group text.
    ✔️6. Morning Meds & eye drops
    ✔️7. Get dressed
    ✔️8. Make bed
    ✔️9. S&S
    ✔️10. Empty dishwasher
    ✔️11. Charge electronics
    ✔️12. Update self-care journal
    ✔️13. Post accountability to MFP
    ✔️14. Duolingo Spanish lesson
    ✔️15. Reboot laundry
    ✔️16. Call Patriot Angels re: help w/Dad’s memory care rent
    ✔️17. Schedule Derm Spa (laser hair removal)
    ✔️18. Call AP/Nicole re: Patriot Angels
    ✔️19. Schedule Dr. Appt for me
    ✔️20. Contact Prop Tax Advocate - she’ll handle our appeal. Yay!
    ✳️ Next:
    ✔️21. Flip laundry, wash towels
    ✔️22. Boil 1 dozen eggs for snacks this week
    23. Refill Mom’s pill dispenser
    24. Clean LR window & blinds
    25. Clean out my purse
    26. Rake carpet
    27. Order more baskets for laundry closet
    28. Dust ceiling fan
    29. Fix loveseat cover
    30. Dust LR furniture
    ✔️31. Prep Dinner
    32. Fold & put away laundry load #1
    ✔️33. Strip the daily mail
    34. Vacuum
    35. Mop
    36. Update expense tracker
    37. Update bujo self-care tracker
    38. Order groceries
    39. Install new shower head
    40. Set up new body weight scale
    41. Walk-thru. Pick-up, Put-away.
    42. Check water in CPAP machine
    43. Tidy kitchen
    44. Update food diary
    45. Night meds & eye drops
    46. Fold and put away laundry load #2
    47. Check Mom’s bedroom & bathroom
    48. Mom’s night routine
    49. Soaking bath for me
    50. Audiobook & sleep

Now - I’m off to tackle some of these as quickly as I can.

— Ginger-in-Texas