Coronavirus prep

Replies

• gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Now that I am fully vaccinated, I no longer wear a mask if it isn't required. Wal-Mart and Dollar General are not requiring masks of vaccinated customers, though I know this will be abused by anti-vaxxers. To be fair, they never really enforced masks anyway. But now I am protected and my mask doesn't do much to protect me anyway.

I still wear a mask if required, which includes my workplace. This weekend, I am flying and am wearing a KN95 at airports and on the planes since I still have a few and I consider planes an especially high risk with new strains. If I didn't happen to have some KN95 masks left, I probably would just wear a regular cloth mask.

Same here. Trader Joe’s and Target say masks not required for fully vaccinated customers. Yet unmasked adults with unmasked children under teenage years...You may be fully vaccinated but your 4& 9 yo are definitely not bc that’s not possible at this point. So they *should* still be wearing masks. Saw a ton of that at Target the other day. TJ’a was more 50-50 on masks/unmasked.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Now that I am fully vaccinated, I no longer wear a mask if it isn't required. Wal-Mart and Dollar General are not requiring masks of vaccinated customers, though I know this will be abused by anti-vaxxers. To be fair, they never really enforced masks anyway. But now I am protected and my mask doesn't do much to protect me anyway.

I still wear a mask if required, which includes my workplace. This weekend, I am flying and am wearing a KN95 at airports and on the planes since I still have a few and I consider planes an especially high risk with new strains. If I didn't happen to have some KN95 masks left, I probably would just wear a regular cloth mask.

Same here. Trader Joe’s and Target say masks not required for fully vaccinated customers. Yet unmasked adults with unmasked children under teenage years...You may be fully vaccinated but your 4& 9 yo are definitely not bc that’s not possible at this point. So they *should* still be wearing masks. Saw a ton of that at Target the other day. TJ’a was more 50-50 on masks/unmasked.

I was wondering. I just visited a Target in Spokane, WA today. No signs, but noticed a lot of people without masks, including a lot of employees. So I figured they weren't requiring masks for vaccinated people, but wish they had a sign.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member

Sorry but I don't know too much about the issue of getting the virus since we don't have it here in my region of North Queensland. Why are you not wearing a mask if not required? There is still a lot of people there with the virus and even if you are vaccinated you can get it. Sorry just trying to get my head around it all. I'd still be careful.
  • mockchoc
    Sorry I haven't been on lately. Just thought I'd share what happened to me today.

I go to a very busy chiropractic chain. It opens at 10 AM and you don't have appointments, so it's first come, first serve. I can have 10 in line within the first five minutes of opening, so I normally get there early.

I've been wearing my mask, even though I'm fully vaccinated. I got there today and I was fourth in line. One lady was first, she was off to the left. Then there was a couple in front of me. I'd guess in their 30's or early 40s.

I'm waiting, in line, for it to open up. As I'm standing there, looking at my phone, I can feel the guy in front of me looking at me, then I start to hear him chirping up to his girlfriend or wife. You can hear, "sheep", "Fauci", you know the typical things of people that are anti-mask. It doesn't bother that much, to be honest.

But then things changed. He starts speaking up and raising his voice at me, "hey you...". After three times, I turn around and it's obvious he's talking to me. So I say, "me?". "Yeah, you", he says. "You vaccinated?", he asks. I say, yeah, yeah I am. "Then why you wearing a mask, because Fauci told you to?".

You have to understand, I'm normally a calm person, but I grew up in the semi hood. I'm starting to get very ticked off at this point. So I said something to the extent of "it's my right to wear a mask". He continues on me. The other people in line start to talk to him to. They are not happy either. He continues on me until, unfortunately, I tell him, "same as your right to be a douch-b". Then he tries to say I was too close to his girlfriend in line. Which wasn't true, but at this point, it's clear he's just trying to pick a fight. I also said it's none of his flippin business why I wear a mask.

At this point, before things escalate, I tapped on the door and asked to be let in because I was being harrassed for wearing a mask.

I still let the other three go ahead of me when they opened. I know the desk people and the chiropractors and they were not happy either that I was harrassed. I remained calm for me.

My wife wasn't happy that I said anything. She's always worried some loose cannon will pull a gun on you. IDK, I was boiling mad for hours.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with someone like that. Just remember they can't help it. They are dumb. stupid and can't help being that way.
  • mockchoc
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Earlier, I was going to post about how my husband's family had a relative die last night in Italy and how I have sympathies for families who are unable to properly morn the loss of their family member. This morning, the phone report was that the he was on a "table in the cemetery", which I have to assume is a morgue, and that no one was allowed to see him nor services allowed. Just now, heard more from my MIL. The husband had gotten his COVID vaccination yesterday, did not feel good, went to bed and never woke up. Of course the speculation has already begun. He was 56.

OMG I don't know what to think. This is so horrible. Big hugs to you all there.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    It had been really confusing for me in stores. I have just been wearing my mask in all stores because I keep seeing signs that say "please wear mask" or "mask required" (today in bed bath beyond) and then some others saying "masks optional for vaccinatedd" etc. So many conflicting things in the same area!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Sorry I haven't been on lately. Just thought I'd share what happened to me today.

I go to a very busy chiropractic chain. It opens at 10 AM and you don't have appointments, so it's first come, first serve. I can have 10 in line within the first five minutes of opening, so I normally get there early.

I've been wearing my mask, even though I'm fully vaccinated. I got there today and I was fourth in line. One lady was first, she was off to the left. Then there was a couple in front of me. I'd guess in their 30's or early 40s.

I'm waiting, in line, for it to open up. As I'm standing there, looking at my phone, I can feel the guy in front of me looking at me, then I start to hear him chirping up to his girlfriend or wife. You can hear, "sheep", "Fauci", you know the typical things of people that are anti-mask. It doesn't bother that much, to be honest.

But then things changed. He starts speaking up and raising his voice at me, "hey you...". After three times, I turn around and it's obvious he's talking to me. So I say, "me?". "Yeah, you", he says. "You vaccinated?", he asks. I say, yeah, yeah I am. "Then why you wearing a mask, because Fauci told you to?".

You have to understand, I'm normally a calm person, but I grew up in the semi hood. I'm starting to get very ticked off at this point. So I said something to the extent of "it's my right to wear a mask". He continues on me. The other people in line start to talk to him to. They are not happy either. He continues on me until, unfortunately, I tell him, "same as your right to be a douch-b". Then he tries to say I was too close to his girlfriend in line. Which wasn't true, but at this point, it's clear he's just trying to pick a fight. I also said it's none of his flippin business why I wear a mask.

At this point, before things escalate, I tapped on the door and asked to be let in because I was being harrassed for wearing a mask.

I still let the other three go ahead of me when they opened. I know the desk people and the chiropractors and they were not happy either that I was harrassed. I remained calm for me.

My wife wasn't happy that I said anything. She's always worried some loose cannon will pull a gun on you. IDK, I was boiling mad for hours.

Wow, I can't imagine that. I have seen people looking at those NOT wearing masks like they are doing something wrong. I haven't seen that but I am sorry you had to deal with that. Why does he care so much if some random stranger is wearing a mask or not?!
  • mockchoc
    From some one that has no Covid here I'm still wondering why it's a problem to wear masks, get your vaccination and stay away from others as much as you can till this is all better. Guess I don't get it but that is what I was doing when we had a close call. Do the right things and you'll be safe. I did it all too when needed and it wasn't so needed lol.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited May 2021
    It had been really confusing for me in stores. I have just been wearing my mask in all stores because I keep seeing signs that say "please wear mask" or "mask required" (today in bed bath beyond) and then some others saying "masks optional for vaccinatedd" etc. So many conflicting things in the same area!

Virtually every business I go to in my community is going with the general mask not required guidance.

And I don't live in a Red stare.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    I saw a piece on BBC that they've found a variant that combines the UK and India variants into one in Vietnam.