June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm... so when I started this running training 3 weeks and 1 day ago I wanted to be able to run a 10k at 7:30min/km. The lowest pace Garmin would let me chose. My current any run pace was in the range of 8:30 to 8:40min/km then. Today I ran nearly 6km at 7:35. Looks like I'm heading in the right direction.

That's so exciting to see progress!
    Of course, if you're new to running, don't get too worried about pace ;)

Thanks a lot. :) No, I'm not new, but often have to stop due to injury and other medical issues. So basically I always start at the beginning again.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 your home gym looks awesome! You did a great job transforming that basement.
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm... so when I started this running training 3 weeks and 1 day ago I wanted to be able to run a 10k at 7:30min/km. The lowest pace Garmin would let me chose. My current any run pace was in the range of 8:30 to 8:40min/km then. Today I ran nearly 6km at 7:35. Looks like I'm heading in the right direction.

That is awesome! Way to go! I agree with @polskagirl01, focus on getting a good base first before getting too worried about speed.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I didn't know they still made those medieval torture instruments...