pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Ooooo
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    edited June 2021
    Worked today so no formal exercise. After work took a walk around the block since it’s supposed to rain this afternoon so I got it in in the morning. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Traci Long Defining Shape DVD.

Beth – am I really not supposed to expect to be able to kiss PJ?

M – PJ and us went for a walk on Sun. It was HOT. After being out for an hour, even I was sweating, so I’m glad we didn’t go to Maria’s on Saturday. We played many games. He’s about the same age as Athena, a little over 2. I fed PJ almost every meal. We gave him a book, one that I recorded. We don’t think he’s ready for it, maybe in a year or so. He doesn’t have the attention span needed. Denise and Pete don’t read to him. He does like to give fist bumps, he did that a lot. We worked with him on his colors. The slides I’ve seen fold up so they can put them in the house then bring them out when they want him to use it, so it really doesn’t take up all that much room. They have the pool (wading pool) blown up and in the garage so they can keep the slide folded up in there (even hung up) while they’re outside with him. Do you know that I couldn’t even find a book to read to him? And this really surprised me since I knew that Denise got a lot at her baby shower. So we built with his blocks, Tickle Monster was there quite a few times, talked on his play phone, we’d gotten him a Fisher Price xylophone last time we were there and he was banging on it this time having us bang on it too. So I think we did play with him. That’s just a sample of some of the things we did. Wish I could have taken him for a walk right before his nap but I couldn’t find the stroller. He seems to like climbing on things so we have these cardboard blocks that are REAL sturdy, I think I’ll give him a few and he can make a “stand” rather than standing on a push toy that can roll away. Wish it had been nicer weather on Thurs and Fri, rain was very immenent.

Barbara – when we were going thru the process of refinancing, at first we were rejected because they didn’t take into consideration our investments. That doesn’t fit into their “formula”. Then when they finally took that into consideration, the adjuster couldn’t figure out how Vince’s pension worked. Vince explained it to him time and again, and the guy just couldn’t get it. Finally, we were approved.

Margaret – that’s lovely that your father said that his children were the most important. You are a good neighbor to let that girl stay in your garage

Okie – yes, I’m going to really try to lower my expectations (if that’s even possible….lol) about Denise. I think I’ll just expect a bed to sleep in. In the future, I’ll make dinner for us and if they want to eat, I’ll make a bit more. Want to try different recipes in the IP since she has the one we gave her (which she probably has never used. Oh, I made this orange yogurt for PJ. He really liked it, but Denise told me that he no longer likes yogurt. Huh? Anyway, I could have sworn I saw a hand mixer at her place last time I was there. Seems she lent it to Maria. Anyway, I used this hand mixer (you know, the type with the small blade). It had never been used.) If they don’t want to eat what we’re having, then they can have a pizza (which I won’t make) or whatever

katla – have fun at the wedding

Finished the puzzle for Vince. I seem to really enjoy doing puzzles that are colorful with a lot of pictures (did I make that muddy enough). Puzzles with just blue sky and water or trees are BORING to me.

Debbie – I keep some (healthy) snacks in my pocketbook for when I go shopping so that I don’t have to stop and eat. Good for you. Some things do take precedence….like shopping

Michele NC

62sef6it5ahn.jpg
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Margaret-WOW! So scary! You were so brave! I hope they find the peace and help they need.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Nighty night,long day
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    Rori - Love the hair! Love the smile even more.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Rori - I LOVE ❤️ the shorter cut! You look fantastic!!!

Okie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »

Had to stop chopping brush after only half an hour, my lower back just ached so much. It’s been aching for awhile, usually after I’ve been sitting or lying too long, and usually eases soon as I get up and move around. I’m just really really hoping its not a side effect of the pravastatin I’m taking. When I was on atorvastatin the muscle and joint aches got so bad it was hard to get up out of a chair.

I’ve been reading through and having so much I want to comment on, but honestly just don’t have it in me right now. I did have to comment on this though. Your pain sounds like the early start of me not paying attention enough when I had originally hurt my hip. Anyhow, there was an exercise that my therapist recommended and it makes all the difference for me when I’m starting to feel the pain.

Lay on a flat firm surface with a wall close to it. She recommended the floor. I use my bed as I have no wall space to do this anywhere else. While on your back you put your feet against the wall, your bum close to the wall. It should look like you are sitting with proper posture on a straight chair. With you left foot pressed tight against the wall, take both hands and place on your right knee. Push hard using your foot against the wall and also with your hands on your knee. You should be holding your back and hips in place. Hold for a slow 5 count then reverse foot and hand. I do these every time I start to feel that pain now and it has helped a lot! She recommended I do it daily for life and all women should.

Tracey
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Michele: I hope your future visits to Pete and Denise are more loving. Sounds like PJ is a happy, active little boy, and I'd love to see pictures if you got any.

Margaret: That was very kind of you to help a total stranger.

Lisa: Hope you make a tidy profit at the Farmers Market.

My DH will be cremated on Monday and soon after his ashes will be scattered off Santa Barbara, California. Before we met, he used to be an underwater photographer and did a lot of diving off the Channel Islands. I will have my ashes go to the same location when my time comes. We met in the hills of Santa Barbara, which is a beautiful part of the country.

I've been catching up on self-care that has been on back burner for years. Massage, dental work, pedicure and today, a much needed haircut. I had 14 inches chopped off to donate to a charity that makes wigs for kids. As you can see, I don't give a hoot about all the gray. I stopped coloring decades ago.

Before and After
    v813phkhdwvp.jpgatisdr7swmqd.jpg

Stay well, friends.
    Rori
    Going with the flow
    Colorado Foothills

So cute, Rori. I love your hair! And your smile is delightful.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Ttttt
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Flea - Sending strength and patience to get through.

Terri - our starlight petunias this year are dark burgundy with gold spots but we have had the dark blue with white before. Have also seen dark pink with white. I find it interesting that heat makes the white spots larger. Last year in August the flowers had large white splotches instead of the usual small pinpoints.

Went to YM for water exercise today then sat in the hot tub for awhile because I had leg cramps after all the yard work I did yesterday.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Rori, your shorter hair is gorgeous!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today so no formal exercise. After work took a walk around the block since it’s supposed to rain this afternoon so I got it in in the morning. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Traci Long Defining Shape DVD.

Debbie – I keep some (healthy) snacks in my pocketbook for when I go shopping so that I don’t have to stop and eat. Good for you. Some things do take precedence….like shopping

Michele NC

62sef6it5ahn.jpg

it is funny but eating wise, I do so much better on days we are out shopping, I am busy shopping and not thinking about eating so I can hold out on eating until 2-3PM or later.
    Shopping is not my thing really but it is ok- would much rather do something else.
    We went to a small Asian market, Dollar Tree, Grocery Outlet then Hobby Lobby. We didn't buy a lot(we didn't need anything-he just loves to shop)
    I find if I am sitting at home(work from home) I snack/get munchies way too much. Need to get off my butt and get out of the house more. Now that the garden is started, I will be out more with that.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Flea- sending prayers for comfort and healing
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Rori – I love the haircut. Makes you look so much younger and vibrant. I’m so glad to hear that you’re putting your hubby’s ashes someplace that means something special to you both. You look like you’ve lost weight.

Flea – thank you for sharing this with us. You sound like you’re taking it in stride. Good thoughts being sent your way.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    3u3mfa5ywilb.png