Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 169 Member
    Hi T-M-H-o-y (autocorrect was getting the name wrong).

Welcome to the group/thread. It's definitely the place to be. When I started gaining again, I found that a lot of it was because of mindless eating, along with stress and less activity during the day). I started logging for a week or two, which made me more aware of what I was eating. There are certain things that I don't bring into the house (ice cream) because I have no control. It's a special treat when I get it, and it's much more enjoyable.

Also, don't beat yourself up; it's only going to push yourself further down the rabbit hole. Dukare's post a few days ago was very helpful, which reminded us to just focus on the now.

Stay strong, and we're here for/with you.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    @TMHoy sugar is as addicting as crack..... I find if I am not drinking as much water, snacking n eating proactively (and balanced) and even sleep/stress can all push me to grab more than I would normally. ... and then That spirals till I'm back up to "too much"

My mom is 70 and emotion eats up the wazoo! My sister is almost 50 and she loves on her candies and didn't move too much.... but everyone is different.

I bloat with increased processed/ carb foods....

I would give it time and try upping goood stuff including protein and actively portioning your stuff. Also, in the early days of my efforts I gave a 3 day rule- if I still wanted that thing after 2-3 days, I would go out and get it and enjoy (sm or portion size). Then I learned what was reflex and what was genuine wanted/ cravings. 🤔🤔🤗🤗 maybe that'll help??

Chin up!!! You got this!!!
  • Dukare
    As for my update! Doing great on working out every night! Not so great in getting my hours in at work....but I've got time.

We got on the smart tech bandwagon and now have buds, and getting smart watches tomorrow.... better be worth it ha.

Hoping to transfer activity logging to the watch and hr even... and then the buds are for working out easier but they aren't connecting to my switch so I'm frustrated about that- should but aren't. Of course. At least my originals still do.

Anyways, so I tripped on the baby Playpen and scraped up my foot/ leg bruising of glory.... really hope I don't lose momentum and skip workout. ... then again, I could use the extra time at work. Maybe just a 30 min bike.

Hormones are driving me nuts. Hubby is driving me nuts and for every 6 tasks done 10 left to do....but I'm okay! Haha

Saw a dip in weight which always helps momentum go!

Got a physical trainer waiting to meet at the gym I joined for Therapy lol.... will be 4th? Time I do this kind of thing, they always so sure and yet always just do circuit or hiit and boo zumba. Blah. 😆 he kicked the hubs butt though... serves him right the buggar.🤣🤣😋😋

Anyways. I ate dinner after workout so I'm still awake and writing this. Hoping I survive tomorrow.

Never underestimate the power of enough water, 80 oz min, and nutrients (vitamins if needed)... iron for my anemic soul- GAME CHANGER.

Who know I was sluggish and fatigued just cause of that!? Magical lil discovery making a Huge change for me.

💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳❤❤❤💃💃💃🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️🦸‍♀️🍻 Cheers everyone! Conquer the day!!!!!!
  • SwtHedgehog
    Yesterday, my sister (with her friend)and I met up in LaCrosse for a girl's day. I had decided I was going to have one splurge so I decided that would be ice cream. At lunch, I had water (instead of beer) and a Greeg salad. I was so proud, but the disappointed that there was too much vinnegeratte dressing on it, I typically I have it on the side and just dip my fork. I paid for that mistake; dressing dripped off the fork/salad onto my new shirt I had only worn once before. I'm trying my best to get it off. :/)
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Oooooh @TMHoy we are more similar than you know! Sugar is my kryptonite and the main reason my weight is back up again. It's worse in times of stress, but it's a constant struggle for me to stay away from it. What works for me is simple: don't buy it. I have no self-control so if it's in the house I'll eat it...and a lot of it. Simple to say, not simple to put into practice I know. But you did it before and you can do it again I know you'll get to that goal weight!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Morning everyone, and welcome @TMHoy . Not much is going on here. Kid has one final exam tomorrow and he's done for the year. We've given him some summer "homework" though - he has to get his driver's license. With me going to school in the fall he's going to be on his own for transportation a lot of the time.

I'm still losing, faster than my usual water weight fluctuation, so it looks like I need to play with my calories a bit more. On the one hand I know a lot of people would tell me to give it more time before changing anything, but every time it's happened like this before it's been real and stayed off. I'm not planning any drastic changes, just a nudge.

Other than that I'll just be sitting here tending to my house and garden, and hoping one of my many job applications finally pans out. It has to happen eventually....
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Hi all, well it’s been a pretty shoddy month for me… I think being back at my uni weight and officially “healthy” has done my head in.

Since half term a few weeks ago, I’ve eaten and eaten and eaten. Last week I was even back into binging territory. I’ve been so scared that I’d bounce back (as always in the past) and am now watching myself and trying not to feel helpless and fatalistic as I shove another thing into my face.

This sounds whiny, which I really don’t want to do. I just don’t want this time to be like every other time I’ve lost weight. So… line in the sand. Back to being in control of myself and will check back in tomorrow and not let it slide out of shame or boredom.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    One day… that’s all it took for my body to feel better again. Scratching my head now and wondering “am I crazy”?

All I did was pre-log everything I ate. 1kg of bloat gone and I don’t feel sick and flabby. I think what this shows is that it’s all in my mind, not my body…
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    I'm glad it was that straightforward! I'm not going to say simple, because it can be mentally hard even though it sounds objectively easy. But you've shown that you've got this.
  • SwtHedgehog
    I'm glad things are going in the right direction and that you're being mindful. The mind is definitely one of the biggest struggles.

I 'm sending this video link, or you can search YouTube for 17 hours, ESPN. It's a short documentary on Chris S; the first person with Down Syndrom to complete ghd Ironman. It's very inspirational and touching. The repeating motto in there is 1% better everyday. It's a great way to remember/think that a lot of small steps make the difference.

I hope things are going well for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqI-BD2GMs

• Dukare
    Hey all!

Definitely live the "next day I'm all better"
    .. minds are nuts 🤣😭💃

So glad to read everyone's updates, I've been so lax in my updates: I'm afloat, baby's clean and healthy, he's joined soccer and happy, I've got my zumba and surviving work.

The bug got me the other day... that bug that draws the line in the sand and says ENOUGH. It comes n goes for me lol. Anyways... this Mama means business.

I got to the gym tonight and tomorrow it's his night so I'll do something at home.

Planning on doing a meet with a physical trainer, free first with joining gym ya? I've got less than 30 weeks to drop 30lb and it took me 8 years to get here, 4- 3 years of actively trying to lose down past 200... I don't have that patience anymore lol. I'm gonna see how this guy is and see about maybe doing whatever regime he has in store to get me goin to my goal in my window .... it could happen, if I kick butt....... I'm gonna kick at least partial butt if nothing else, at that means I'll at least be getting therapy through workout and feeling great in that respect ha!

Goals.

Ok, I've exhausted my brain now. Until next time!

CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!! I have faith in you all!!!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Well, yesterday rather kicked my *kitten* in terms of eating control but the scale was down again today. I was slightly celebrating unexpectedly passing the last module for my teaching qualification so it’s all over now bar the paperwork.

On the upside, my body is still back to feeling good so I’ll take it. Still think it’s all mental but I’m so close to maintenance I need to work out what that means for my eating patterns. It’s just a few kg to go and I’m already below my uni weight. I am struggling with motivation and trying to work out if I really do want it. I suspect my body is telling me I don’t (yet) want it enough so will practice maintenance until the fire comes back…
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    After a year and 11 months, I'm finally employed again. I start on Monday. Between that and the fact that it's 36 degrees here I had ice cream twice yesterday. The real stuff. No regrets!
  • SwtHedgehog
    SuzanneC119zz: Congratulations. That is so awesome! Celsius or Farenheit? Don't laugh at the question ;-) I'm from MN and anyway is a good day for ice cream, even sub 0. :-)
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    Thank you!

Celsius 🥵 We've been breaking all kinds of temperature records.
  • Dukare
    @SuzanneC1l9zz YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

💃💃💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳💃💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳🥳💃🥳💃🥳💃🥳💃🥳🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🥳🥳🥳💃💃💃😁👍

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!🤩🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳💃💃🍻Cheers!!

@ClearNotCloudyMind , maintaining is often hardest of all things so coast as long as it takes Haha❤

I've been kickin butt with workouts this week,, and at work ish, now that my leg is better. Next wk I'll meet with the trainer, see how that goes...I saw 223s today and yesterday and that's just magical feeling Haha. Motivation indeed.

With the babe, sticking at balance 2100 cal with solid workout sits well, I'm not STARVING, and get enough snacks in I'm able to keep things up pretty well! Weird considering I hit 1800 pre- baby Haha. Breastfeeding really does take it outta ya.... 😵

Here's to a heck of a finish!! Let's getter duuuunnnn! 🤗🤗🤗
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    Thanks Dukare!
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Hey all, so great to hear how you are all doing. And lots of congratulations - @SuzanneC1l9zz for your new job, @ClearNotCloudyMind for getting that bit closer to being qualified, @Dukare for keeping the show on the road and making progress at the same time! And good to hear how everyone is doing.

I've had a mix of tech issues not letting me onto the forum and also just lots of stress and busyness but I'm still ploughing on, I was really disheartened to not be making sustainable progress, so I'm trying some intermittent fasting (Monday to Friday only eating 11am - 7pm) which is helping me to get back on track, 2 good weeks, 1 with no move either way (still a win!) and I'll see how I do this week, but hopefully it will help to start things back in the right direction. I confess that I am allowing myself tea and coffee with milk before 11am, I'm not that extreme!

Trying to keep active as so good for my mental health, been harder the last couple of weeks so looking to pick that up a bit more. Once the summer holidays get here I'm aiming to ditch the excuses and enjoy being out lots!

Hope everyone is having a good week, sorry to be such a flaky team member, I'll try to get back online a bit more regularly now.
  • SwtHedgehog
    Hi. I hope everyone is doing well. My training has picked up. but I still feel like I need to up my nutrition. I keep hearing I need to get calories in, but I really want those calories to be healthy/bennificial. I am trying to stay as healthy as possible, and if my body needs to repair itself, wouldn't it be best to give it good building blocks?

We had some friends over Monday for a Barbecue and I let myself free with whdo that, (no alcohol). I did feel it the next day. sometimes I wish I could feel the after effects of some of these eating days, before I eat the junk (at least in the volume).

Going into the office on Fridays does serve as a reminder/eye opener of how much I graze/snack during the day because I end up feeling hungry at work, before lunch.
  • Dukare
    Hello all! Just checking in. Got my trainer tonight, and hopefully he isn't just gonna be all "Lift weights!!" . He seems a good sot hah.

Anyways, yea, so with the workouts I have been doing, I saw 223 today!! Wahhoooo!!!

I got my first menstrual cycle since the baby last week but I've survived and still alive and kickin here hah.

I've got 25 weeks to lose 35 lb. That can happen.........🤔

I'm not wanting to take another 4 years to make the progress I did before, so hopefully the trainer will help make it happen in the weeks I want it to. We shall see!

Why does it always rain on the days I go out?? Thunder too ..🤔🤔😆😪