What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef Oh dear. We have a steak and carrot 🥕 disagree-er

😎
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ ... haha!!! Yeah, it seems like someone hates my food. Whatever. An obviously unhappy person. Your food was apparently way too healthy for someone. I thought it looked delicious.

I finally bought an air fryer this week and had to try it out tonight. Fish and chips. Slaw w/dressing of sesame oil, yuzu ponzu sauce and toasted black sesame seeds.

I ran the fish (flounder) through a beaten egg and then coated w/a mix of gluten free flour and gluten free bread crumbs. The fish turned out perfect. The fries were not so successful. In spite of following the instructions in the booklet that came with the machine they were not crispy. I think they need a higher temperature than what was suggested though they tasted fine. I will be experimenting in the coming weeks.

lcvhhki1fc5y.jpeg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef
    I do fries in the air fryer at 200C for 12-15 minutes and they come out crisp. I tried making my own at first with every tip I found online (soaking to remove starch, tossing in oil) but have the most success with frozen ready made fries. The thin ones come out crisper than the thick ones. Don't over fill the basket so that the hot air can circulate and toss half way through the cook time.

Skin on chicken (thighs, drumsticks or wings) in the air fryer were a big revelation for me. Skin comes out very thin and crisp. About 25 minutes at 200C
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I cook most coated chicken etc. at 400* F in my air fryer (Ninja XL air fryer oven) and they come out great.

Lazy Blonde Chef ~ I loved the photo of your steak. Made my mouth water.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Vegan “egg” omelette with veggie strips while visiting my sister. (She’s vegan) we used greens and tomatoes straight from the garden. y5n8szauaem9.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    @acpgee & @peach1948 ... thanks for the pointers in regards to the air fryer.
  • acpgee
    Options
    @acpgee & @peach1948 ... thanks for the pointers in regards to the air fryer.

My tip for the air fryer is to buy some of that silicon mesh sold for lining BBQ grates so that small items like asparagus and shrimp don't fall through. Cut them down to size to line your air fryer basket. Nothing sticks to that silicon mesh.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftovers.
    hy7wkwfeg8mb.jpeg
    dz1onzyka36c.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Middle eastern pizza from this site: https://www.thespruceeats.com/middle-eastern-pizza-2355772. I added kalamata olives to mine and my partner added onions to his. These were pretty tasty but too caloric to eat very often. Had a side salad of cucumber, tomato, parsley, cilantro, lime juice, salt and olive oil which is similar to several different types of middle eastern cucumber/tomato based salads though some use different herbs, lemon juice and/or omit the olive oil.

kvveoiz90l2g.jpeg

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef the sea bass and scallops look amazing, they are two of my favorites! The salad looks great too, can you tell me what kind of dressing you have on it?
  • acpgee
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef
    When air frying crumbed food it is often recommended to spray well with oil so that it browns properly. I find it easier to moisten crumbs such as panko or shreddded coconut with a little olive oil and to roll food in the oily crumbs.