Coronavirus prep

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    @Muscleflex79 that makes sense. If its purely restrictions causing the need to postpone the wedding, that makes sense and is frustrating. Original post appears as though it is frustrated with mask mandated being extended, and that they can't have a "normal" wedding, not anything else, and that is what my response was about.
    Apparently getting vaccinated isn’t enough where I live - they have extended the mask mandates until end of September. Looks Ike my son is going to have to postpone his wedding for a third time. The most annoying thing about it is that it is scheduled for Sep 24 so if they do lift it Oct 1 then we miss being able to do a normal wedding by a week - but probably won’t get another date until next year.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    @Muscleflex79 that makes sense. If its purely restrictions causing the need to postpone the wedding, that makes sense and is frustrating. Original post appears as though it is frustrated with mask mandated being extended, and that they can't have a "normal" wedding, not anything else, and that is what my response was about.
    Apparently getting vaccinated isn’t enough where I live - they have extended the mask mandates until end of September. Looks Ike my son is going to have to postpone his wedding for a third time. The most annoying thing about it is that it is scheduled for Sep 24 so if they do lift it Oct 1 then we miss being able to do a normal wedding by a week - but probably won’t get another date until next year.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either - if it was just the mask situation or numbers restriction. Either way it is a very frustrating time to be an Ontarian right now!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    33gail33 wrote: »
    At this point they should just lift the mask mandates it’s getting ridiculous everyone has the opportunity to get their vaccine let us have a normal life ffs.

I would love the 7 people who disagreed with this to think about how it would feel having to cancel their wedding for the THIRD time in a year because it is scheduled literally 7 days before the probable full provincial reopening goes into effect. Even though every guest will be fully vaccinated. It sucks.

Will they not allow an outdoor wedding? If all the guests are fully vaccinated and the wedding and reception are outdoors, I think it's absolutely asinine if it's still not allowed. Apparently, the scientific experts are OK with it. Not sure why it wouldn't be OK with the local officials, too. The risk is low. That's frustrating.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    This is the only way to really get herd immunity and convinced people to get vaccinated. Don't you think :D ?

urhcluuxaezh.png

https://news.yahoo.com/highly-contagious-delta-coronavirus-variant-193159529.html

News like this seems to be motivating some but a high level of protection would still be 6 weeks away. Being twice as transmissible the case numbers can double ever 7-10 days and this is one reason it zapped India so hard and fast. One case in a home typically means the rest will have it.

Having both Covid-19 shots seems to offer 88% protection but just having the first 💉 offers 33% protection.

I personally think mast use is more important now than ever.