• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    "A year from now you may wish you had started today." - Karen Lamb

Just do it now.

Yes.. love this one ❤
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    0yf8lnw1nuoq.jpeg

Limited Data Leaves Most UAP Unexplained...

Limited data and inconsistency in reporting are key challenges to evaluating UAP.
    No standardized reporting mechanism existed until the Navy established one in March 2019.
    The Air Force subsequently adopted that mechanism in November 2020, but it remains limited to USG reporting.
    The UAPTF regularly heard anecdotally during its research about other observations that occurred but which were never captured in formal or informal reporting by those observers.
    After carefully considering this information, the UAPTF focused on reports that involved UAP largely witnessed firsthand by military aviators and that were collected from systems we considered to be reliable.
    These reports describe incidents that occurred between 2004 and 2021, with the majority coming in the last two years as the new reporting mechanism became better known to the military aviation community.
    We were able to identify one reported UAP with high confidence.
    In that case, we identified the object as a large, deflating balloon.
    The others remain unexplained.
    • 144 reports originated from USG sources.
    Of these, 80 reports involved observation with multiple sensors.
    Most reports described UAP as objects that interrupted pre-planned training or other military activity.

But Some Potential Patterns Do Emerge

Although there was wide variability in the reports and the dataset is currently too limited to allow for detailed trend or pattern analysis, there was some clustering of UAP observations regarding shape, size, and, particularly, propulsion.
    UAP sightings also tended to cluster around U.S. training and testing grounds, but we assess that this may result from a collection bias as a result of focused attention, greater numbers of latest-generation sensors operating in those areas, unit expectations, and guidance to report anomalies.
    And a Handful of UAP Appear to Demonstrate Advanced Technology

In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics.
    Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion.
    In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.

The majority of UAP data is from U.S. Navy reporting, but efforts are underway to standardize incident reporting across U.S. military services and other government agencies to ensure all relevant data is captured with respect to particular incidents and any U.S. activities that might be relevant.
    The UAPTF is currently working to acquire additional reporting, including from the U.S. Air Force (USAF), and has begun receiving data from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
    • Although USAF data collection has been limited historically the USAF began a six- month pilot program in November 2020 to collect in the most likely areas to encounter UAP and is evaluating how to normalize future collection, reporting, and analysis across the entire Air Force.
    • The FAA captures data related to UAP during the normal course of managing air traffic operations.

Expand Collection
    The UAPTF is looking for novel ways to increase collection of UAP cluster areas when U.S. forces are not present as a way to baseline “standard” UAP activity and mitigate the collection bias in the dataset.
    One proposal is to use advanced algorithms to search historical data captured and stored by radars.
    The UAPTF also plans to update its current interagency UAP collection strategy in order bring to bear relevant collection platforms and methods from the DoD and the IC.
    Increase Investment in Research and Development
    The UAPTF has indicated that additional funding for research and development could further the future study of the topics laid out in this report.

I love you for posting this
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    edited June 2021
    A neutron star is the remnants of a massive star that has run out of fuel. The dying star explodes in a supernova while its core collapses in on itself due to gravity, forming a super-dense neutron star. Astronomers measure the insanely large masses of stars or galaxies in solar masses, with one solar mass equal to the Sun’s mass (that is, 2 x 1030 kilograms/4.4 x 1030 pounds). Typical neutron stars have a mass of up to three solar masses, which is crammed into a sphere with a radius of approximately ten kilometers (6.2 miles) – resulting in some of the densest matter in the known universe. A teaspoonful of neutron star would weigh 6 billion tons.

This is why I workout. My solar mass keeps disappointing me...
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    0yf8lnw1nuoq.jpeg

Limited Data Leaves Most UAP Unexplained...

Limited data and inconsistency in reporting are key challenges to evaluating UAP.
    No standardized reporting mechanism existed until the Navy established one in March 2019.
    The Air Force subsequently adopted that mechanism in November 2020, but it remains limited to USG reporting.
    The UAPTF regularly heard anecdotally during its research about other observations that occurred but which were never captured in formal or informal reporting by those observers.
    After carefully considering this information, the UAPTF focused on reports that involved UAP largely witnessed firsthand by military aviators and that were collected from systems we considered to be reliable.
    These reports describe incidents that occurred between 2004 and 2021, with the majority coming in the last two years as the new reporting mechanism became better known to the military aviation community.
    We were able to identify one reported UAP with high confidence.
    In that case, we identified the object as a large, deflating balloon.
    The others remain unexplained.
    • 144 reports originated from USG sources.
    Of these, 80 reports involved observation with multiple sensors.
    Most reports described UAP as objects that interrupted pre-planned training or other military activity.

But Some Potential Patterns Do Emerge

Although there was wide variability in the reports and the dataset is currently too limited to allow for detailed trend or pattern analysis, there was some clustering of UAP observations regarding shape, size, and, particularly, propulsion.
    UAP sightings also tended to cluster around U.S. training and testing grounds, but we assess that this may result from a collection bias as a result of focused attention, greater numbers of latest-generation sensors operating in those areas, unit expectations, and guidance to report anomalies.
    And a Handful of UAP Appear to Demonstrate Advanced Technology

In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics.
    Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion.
    In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.

The majority of UAP data is from U.S. Navy reporting, but efforts are underway to standardize incident reporting across U.S. military services and other government agencies to ensure all relevant data is captured with respect to particular incidents and any U.S. activities that might be relevant.
    The UAPTF is currently working to acquire additional reporting, including from the U.S. Air Force (USAF), and has begun receiving data from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
    • Although USAF data collection has been limited historically the USAF began a six- month pilot program in November 2020 to collect in the most likely areas to encounter UAP and is evaluating how to normalize future collection, reporting, and analysis across the entire Air Force.
    • The FAA captures data related to UAP during the normal course of managing air traffic operations.

Expand Collection
    The UAPTF is looking for novel ways to increase collection of UAP cluster areas when U.S. forces are not present as a way to baseline “standard” UAP activity and mitigate the collection bias in the dataset.
    One proposal is to use advanced algorithms to search historical data captured and stored by radars.
    The UAPTF also plans to update its current interagency UAP collection strategy in order bring to bear relevant collection platforms and methods from the DoD and the IC.
    Increase Investment in Research and Development
    The UAPTF has indicated that additional funding for research and development could further the future study of the topics laid out in this report.

I love you for posting this

I watched this moment it was delivered yesterday 👍 👽 🛸
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    m43fc5s9lflq.gif

How drunk ya gotta be? 😂
  • honey_honey_12
    8dxtbzdf9rfx.jpeg

Nasa is hiring astronauts for the first time in 4yrs.
  • honey_honey_12
    c6bug7f5mknu.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    That I am apparently very easy to please.

I've been craving Menchie's frozen yogurt for a while but hadn't stopped into one because the one I would normally go to sells it by size and not weight because of the pandemic. I'm particular about my portion size so I basically would have been paying double even for a small for what I'd get.

Hopefully, that's changed.

But anyway, I ended up going to the one near work (they, at least, had a portable scale and would get it as close to the weight I was looking for) and we're back to serving ourselves and that birthday cake with oreo topping and a couple of frosted animal crackers reeeeeeeeeeally hit the spot. :)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Apple trees are hermaphroditic but can’t self pollinate. But, I have 5 older apple trees that in 10+ years have never produced an apple. Do they not find each other attractive? Asexual…? 🤔
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Apple trees are hermaphroditic but can’t self pollinate. But, I have 5 older apple trees that in 10+ years have never produced an apple. Do they not find each other attractive? Asexual…? 🤔

Maybe you should've planted them closer so they could at least touch each other? I've heard that's how it starts. ;)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Good thinkin’
  • honey_honey_12
    He is missing out on a lot of fun.
    What a waste.
  • honey_honey_12
    The bugs are going to eat me alive 😱
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member