TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well I did Tfire 55 this morning despite the fact that my right shoulder blade was a bit "sore." Not injured sore. More like you were cramming for a test all night hunched over with a pencil and now it's sore- sore. I did low impact and light movements and by 30 minutes it felt SO Much better! It was loose and I'm so glad I did it! :) It really pays to know your body and know what it can handle!

I also did the standing abs and both arm sections of TA:Mat. I would have done the whole thing, but as I type this my hair is drying and we are about to leave in 15 minutes! :)

PW- good for you! A kid's meal is better than a full meal! Oh and i love their waffle fries! LOL haven't had it in a long time, but I know I like them ! LOL Thanks, I am happy about controlling my cravings! I did it again last night when I had the calories for a mcdonalds ice cream cone, put my shoes on and then decided to steam some garlic and zucchini instead. MUCH better choice!

WE HAVE TO REMEMBER TO PAT OURSELVES ON THE BACK FOR DOING THE SMALL THINGS! FROM CUTTING DOWN PORTION SIZES TO DOING A SHORTENED WORKOUT, OR EVEN A WORKOUT AT A LOWER INTENSITY. TO LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AND SAYING, "I LOVE YOU" TO YOURSELF.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING! LET'S KEEP PUSHING!

TOMORROW IS THE START OF WEEK 4 FOR ME! WOOOO!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hey all- I gotta say something. Over the past few days some of my MFP friends are going "over their goal." THIS IS OKAY! No need to beat yourself up! :D Life is good! It's a daily thing and it's a marathon, not a sprint! :) Negative energy about your food or yourself is NOT okay and will eventually catch up with you... One. Day. At. A. Time.

So instead, find the good, there is ALWAYS good! I DID go over my calories today and you know what? It's okay! I still made GREAT food choices. Had the extra thin and crispy crust as opposed to extra thick deep dish, had fresh veggies as opposed to potato chips and dip and didn't drink today. I also turned down ice cream (for two days in a row now) and had a frozen mango instead.

"Calorie goals" are not the only way to see progress. Neither are numbers on the scale. Studies in health psychology show that people whom are obsessed with numbers think about it so often that eventually, the fear of what they DON'T want to be tends to catch up with them. It may be in a year or two, but it will still catch up.

So- if you went over your calories. Grab something you like, enjoy it and start fresh tomorrow. If you weigh yourself more than once a week I suggest once every two weeks at least, or if really tough, once every month.

I say all this to you because you have all been such a motivation to me and well, I want to return the favor!

WE ARE ALL ROCK STARS!!! PEACE!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Started my D1 proper today!

Didn't do the 'new to class' option, but ploughed straight in - it was tough, but I loved it!

Took my measurements beforehand, but will weigh a bit later on in the week (I had an indulgent weekend, so my weight is up, but as it's probably salt / water it would be misrepresentative to use it for this).

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout, although a little scared of the HIIT!
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Keep up the great work ladies I did TF 55EZ on Saturday with my TA I did TA on Sunday and cleaned (that was not on my TF calendar but it had to be done lol)....this morning I had a doctors appt. and well there was a detour and I was bout 30 min late sat around etc. (not sure why they make appointments when you sit around for so long lol) but anyway it took me almost an hour to get back home following the detour it took me to areas I had never seen before and doctor deemed I need a shot and it is my tushy (I didn't even know I was sick I just went in for check up and refills & am I getting put on antibiotics what lol IDK I feel like sinus crap but she said they are infected heck if it will make the funk go away I will take it :)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my family we are still in limbo and not sure if they have a house or if and when they can go check on it oh the fun (not really)

Kim you are awesome your words are amazingly what so many of us need to hear when we need to hear it :)

Becka congrats on D1 ...and good luck on your HIIT tomorrow I have a love hate relationship with them

Pretty - I am impressed that you ate the kids because you could of eaten the whole big adult one

Is everyone ready to feel the fiyah and push play while I set on my right tushy today as my left one is going to make me cry :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hey guys! Well, I was super excited to do Tfire 45 today but my body needed rest! I have been sleeping on and off all day and watching movies. I think I "Could get through" a workout, but ehhhh- that is not what you do! When you are feeling like this, you take a break!

The great thing is that Tuesday is my scheduled rest day, and so I'm just flip flopping them! :) Making some awesome soup right now of veggie broth, curry, garlic, celery, carrots, red pepper flakes, and brown basmati rice. Need some calories in there somewhere!!!! :) So wish me well tomorrow. Or tonight! That I may go to bed and wake up feeling refreshed! :)

I have no idea what it is. I was fine yesterday. I think it may be from being outside while the weather has been changing! Even though I have been in AZ for almost 9 years, I'm still not used to the desert plants! Also, been taking walks and it's been very dusty. Which is ironic, because I wanted to go on a short walk tonight. Not because I feel the need to workout, but because it's good to be moving around to "get the sickness" sweat out! Ya know?

I'm glad you are all motivated by my words. Sometimes , I feel them to be "too pushy." But what I do know is that WE (especially women) are so hard on ourselves... No matter what our day holds we have been consistent with loggin in and being truthful and motivating each other. We are all good! :) One day at a time. This is the HOLIDAY challenge after all LOL We got time! :)

Becka- great job! Day 1 before you know it, you'll be at day 30! :) I can't believe how fast time is flyin!!!

Texas- I did Fire 55 on Saturday too! Wait, maybe it was Sunday! LOL i also did the abs/arms section of TA mat. I would love to do it all everyday, but for now, really focusing on the cardio and adding that in when I can.

HERE'S SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

SINCE ALL THE POSITIVE TALK HOW ABOUT THIS:

LIST 5 THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF (AT LEAST 3 HAVE TO BE PHYSICAL). THIS IS GOOD FOR OUR SELF-ESTEEM. I'LL START:

1. My hair- I just love it! LOL
    2. My arms- ever since I was a kid, always loved them. No muscle, but I'm working on that.
    3. My muscular legs. Always get compliments when wearing heels. I used to HATE them, but them I grew up and realized they made me unique! :)
    4. My outgoing nature which leads me to not care what others think.
    5. My ability to actively listen and motivate.
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Kim – I love how you are the cheerleader even when you feel like poo ...you rock

Ok as it is early and I haven’t started my workout yet I don’t have much to post there….my shot that I got yesterday made me feel like I was working out all day long I know she said it has some steroids in it (the kind that make you get better) but dang even now I feel very “wired” the downfall is I know when I have taken the pack of steroids I always gain like 7lbs of pure water weight and I am fixing to start my lady time I am way to scared to get onto the scale I am not going to lie lol

The five things I love about me

1. My eyes I have hazel eyes but not the normal one I can make them change almost any color from gray to violet to green to brown to golden almost every color but blue—just by clothing and makeup and mood the get almost black when I am angry everyone tells me it is scary

2. My hair (this has just happened in the past few years on the coloring) I have very straight hair which is great I just wash and go and also I always thought my hair was just brown but since I stopped coloring it people always ask me where did I get my hair colored at it has all the red and golden tones it that apparently everyone wants lol

3. My skin (odd I know) I always had really oily skin and then I started to get severe cystic acne I mean the size of half dollars where I did not want to leave the house going to work and school it was horrible (this was in my mid to late 20’s and being heavy I always felt like everyone felt like I was a fat slob) anyone after being on Accutane for two years and all the crazy side effects which were very severe I get compliments on my skin being so smooth and clear…I don’t even care about the scars it is nice to be able to leave the house without make up and not make small children run and scream for the woods lol

4. My ability to organize I don’t know why but I have this ability to see how things can work better in home and life (sometimes in others more than my own)

5. That I am able to self-entertain I was an only child for the first 15 years of my life and being a military spouse where at times your husband is gone more than he is home you move around so often that it is hard to make long lasting friend ships (the life is not like the TV show at all) …that I am able to adapt and be content with just little ol me…I notice that not everyone can be alone in life

Oh…the good news my parents went back into their house yesterday ….no damage…and their home is on a different cities power grid that has their power lines underground which is good in a fire but was crap when Ike hit they were without power for almost a month then but I digress everything at this time is safe and they didn’t lose any food or anything which is wonderful…the amount of stress that left my mom’s voice was amazing…they are not fully out of the woods yet until all the fires are put out and the town that is literally across the road from them is almost destroyed people are sleeping in front of a grocery store because they have nowhere else to go it is very sad but I am so thankful to everyone it has touched my heart again thank you

I hope everyone has a great day today
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sunday I started Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme and so far I'm still on track! :) I am hoping to stay focused for the next couple months, so just taking things one day at time! Today is Turbo Fire! :) Have a great day everyone!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello! So I am sipping on my green smoothie. YUM! I didn't have one for a day because we were out and I couldn't get into the store! LOL but, I'm back and they are tasting sooooo dang good! :) I am home from the market and now will be finish this post and the smoothie, wash some produce and then go out shopping (for an interview outfit/top/dress).

I still have my sore throat, but have faith it will be away or less by tomorrow. My interview is supposed to be Thursday at 11:30 MST, but we'll see (please send me your energy). I say we'll see how I'm feeling. Don't want to blow it because I can't well- concentrate.

TURBO FIRE!!! I was supposed to do Tfire HIIT 20 or 25 today. I bumped it up to Hiit 30 and then decided to do Fat bLaster instead. When your body doesn't have a lot of energy, it's important to keep moving, but to take it down a nothch. Fat Blaster is easier and more fun to me than HIIT 30. SO did it well and then did TA mat after! :) It felt nice to sweat and to move whatever it is in my throat right on out of my body! :)

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE?!?!? LOL Well, I want to say this... THANKS FOR POSTING HERE! THERE ARE SOME 900+ VIEWS WHICH MEANS OTHER PEOPLE ARE WATCHING, READING AND FOLLOWING THIS THREAD. MOTIVATION COMES AND GOES TO PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY. SO DON'T JUST POST FOR YOURSELF, POST FOR OTHERS TOO SHY TO SPEAK OUT YET. IT'S OKAY! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! ALSO, PEOPLE WHOM HAVE SUPPORT (EVEN IN THIS TYPE OF ONLINE FORM) HAVE A 30 SOME PERCENT CHANCE OF KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF THAT THEY LOSE AND MORE THAN DOUBLE THE CHANCE OF LOSING WEIGHT MORE THAN SOMEBODY WITH NO SUPPORT!

YA HEAR THAT?!?!? WE ARE GOING TO GET TO OUR GOAL IS WHAT THAT MEANS!!! LOL :P

THANKS FOR SHARING TEXAS! I think it really helps people (yourself included) to remember what you love about yourself. All day we are bombarded with images and thoughts saying we "aren't good enough, not thin enough, not smart enough, don't have enough money, etc etc etc." So great for you! SO happy your parents are okay!!! What a blessing! A few years ago my friend from college lost their house to a fire and LOST EVERYTHING! She is a first generation Korean and so EVERYTHING they brought over was lost. Totally devastating. The insurance companies took over a year and half to get anywhere with it, so she finished her school living out of an econo lodge! AMAZING She even finished, I would have been too distracted! WEll, good for your rents, that is so great!!!! Oh and cheerleader... LOL i was a never a cheerleader in high school, but i have always been called the "Cheerleader of life and motivation" by my friends. Sometimes, to an annoying degree. I see the good in everything and why not? There are some serious problems out there!!!!

BLUEGIRL- way to go! ONe day at a time and before you know it, Christmas time will be here and you will be ready to wear a great new something!!!! :) Stay on track and keep posting in here when you can! Not only for yourself, but because with 900 some views, chances are you are inspiring others! :)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

I did HIIT 15 today - totally loved it and Felt amazing afterwards - so I did 1/2 of JM No More Trouble Zones! YEAH!

Got fire 30 again tmz, I also ordered a resistance band today, the one I got in the TF box smells of latex so bad, it makes me gag...:sick:

Best of luck to u Kim in your interview and continued improving health!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I have got to get better about commenting!! I was doing TF consistently until last Wednesday when life went crazy! But I will be back on board where I left off tonight after work!!! Glad to see ya'll are doing good and still here!!!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!!

This is my 3rd 12 hour shift. I'm off until next Monday and I'm soo excited! My birthday is tomorrow and I'm celebrating! Sorry to be MIA. I've literally been waking up, working out, going to work, coming home and sleeping. Today is my off day. Back at TF tomorrow!
    Diet wise, I've still been eating well, but I've had the wierdest cravings for unhealthy food. I've stayed consistent with my diet, and I'm glad to finally be getting control.

Kim- thanks for motivating us!! You are AWESOME!!!!! So I'm thinking about 5 things I like about myself.

1. My hair- I had my hair relaxed for many years. I cut it off 4 years ago. It's now very curly. I love it!

2. My waist. It's very defined, and now that the pounds are starting to come off, it's smaller!! I also love that you can see my collarbone.

3. My skin- It's so smooth. I used to break out a lot, but with the changes in diet, It's like I have a whole new face!

4. My imagination- I love to read because I can see the characters play thier roles in my head. I like to write too.

5. Can I say that I love my waist to hip ratio and think it's fab?

Texas- I'm so glad to hear that about your family!!

You guys have a fantastic Wednesday!!!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Woooohooo! I am feeling so much better guys! I barely have a tickle in my throat! I gotta say, "i don't get sick!" I haven't been sick in 2 years and don't agree with being sick. I don't have the time to waste on things like that! Granted, for all you getting ready for a weather change and might be afraid do yourself a favor: YOUTUBE SEARCH: GARLIC GREENS SOUP. It's all there! Takes 5 minutes and is amazing! I have been eating it year round for some time! You can add extra things, but mushrooms, tofu, kale, celery and carrots are my favorite! You can use red potatoes too, but yukon gold are so delicious!!!!!!

Soooo I KILLED Tfire 45! PRETTY WITTY- I always think of you because you love this workout and you know what, that makes me love it too! LOL So maybe you can think of me during Tfire 55! lately, it's really been getting the job done!

Anyway, pray for me and send your energy to me ONE MORE DAY/NIGHT so I can get a good rest tonight, get up great in the morning and have a fabulous interview at 11:30am MST! I know I keep saying that, but really, it's amazing what the power of thought/connection/energy does. I am motivated by you guys and appreciate it! This job would be PERFECT for me! It's within my psychology (well at least requires my degree), is close to home (like biking distance), pays extremely well, in only 9 months a year- perfect for when I am knee deep in grad school work and need a break) AND could count as my internship as well a year down the road! This could... NO will be the job that helps me get to that next step in life. AKA- job/schoolling/private practice and babies... LOL SO YES, thank you so much!

BECKA- so glad you are loving the workouts! So proud of you! I love your profile pic- SO HAPPY! :) I think the red helps too! I love red! LOL Tfire 15 is a breeze and so much fun! I think Chalene is right, "high intensity up and high intensity down workout!" Keep it up!!!!!!

PRETTY WITTY- Wow 12 hour shifts?!? Good for you! LOL Happy Birthday! No worries about being MIA- you are here and motivating us all! Do what you can and know that we care! LOL THAT RHYMED! NERD ALERT!!! :P I have had cravings for unhealthy foods too. It comes up right before a month of change. They say it takes 30 days to break a habit, well yeah... i have been craving VEGAN CHILI CHEESE FRIES! I know they sound gross, but they are delish and well BAD FOR YOU! LOL So no go with those!!!! :) Good for keeping your diet under control! I LOVE YOUR 5 things!!!! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    MY POINT ABOUT THE 5 THINGS WE LOVE:
    They are there and sometimes we forget. If we aren't feeling fabulous then it's time to play up what we feel fabulous about!!! :)

CRAVINGS; I'm having them too! Before I would just "give in" to them and well, that is how i gained the weight. So withstand! Drink 8 oz of water! Or tea... I bet you will not be hungry... OR go do something that requires your hands. Or blog about something! Or watch a funny cat video on youtube! within 5-8 minutes I bet the craving will be gone. If it's not, eat something healthy, like fruit! :)

MY CRAVING for ICE CREAM has NOT gone away. So for the past 4-5 days I have wanted ice cream. Ice milk. Ice cream cones. Fast food. Carton. Soft Serve. JUST GIVE IT TO ME! LOL So after days of me saying no, my husband wanted some. 1/2 a Cup was either 150 calories, 100 calories, 110 calories or 130! WTF?!?!? no thank you! SOOOO i got organic mango sorbet. It's only 80 calories for half a cup! That is HALF of the original kind I wanted!!!! What makes it better is that its tangy and bitter so I ca only eat about 1/4 cup. It satisfies my craving and is only 40 calories!

ACTIVITY: look at your cravings or journal entry. Is there a food/craving that keeps popping up? What are some healthy alternatives? :) No need to post about this, unless you want to! Just food for thought!!! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Ugh! I have got to get better about commenting!! I was doing TF consistently until last Wednesday when life went crazy! But I will be back on board where I left off tonight after work!!! Glad to see ya'll are doing good and still here!!!

We're still here! Life happens! No worries! JUMP ON IN! :) Glad to have you back!!! :)
  • audreysauruss
    Options
    I'm really having a hard time with motivation. By the end of the day I'm just ready to sit down and do nothing! Especially on the days that I work and have school, I don't get home until 10pm! Yesterday I did the core excercise, I'm so sore! Even my arms are sore, but I love the burn. I kinda just want to do the core work out everyday lol.
  • littleone12484
    littleone12484 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to MFP and just came across this thread. I've been combining turbo fire, p90x and was wondering if I could join you guys, with a busy schedule and living in a household where I'm alone in trying to live a healthy lifestyle, it's very easy to talk myself out of working out and give into temptation of the unhealthy foods around me, so having a group of people to help keep me accountable would be great. I plan on doing fire 30 in about an hour, and have been tracking all of the food I eat here on MFP!!

I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Chawndra
  • amanorr
    amanorr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    well i have been busy and sick but i am back! I have been keeping up with the prep sched until three days but iam here to get inspired and go and do my workout! Have a great day!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    OMG! I am feeling sooo soooo sooo good! No, great! I woke up with no sore throat, I feel rested and my pimples are gone! LOL Lame I know, but I broke out the other day and now they are gone in time for my interview! :)

I stepped on the scale today because well, I wanted to with my interview and all.... I LOST 3.1 pounds! LOL WOW! I had thought that I have been "over-eating" at times or well, "coulda woulda shoulda" at times and nope- my exercise- consistent exercise has paid off! I broke out of the 150s (even by only .5) and heading back into my body's comfort zone of 140s. My goal was to be at 145 by the end of September and being I only have 4 more pounds to go, I am going to push hard to get there in the next two weeks! I was going to out for pizza this weekend, but now I want to push through that and keep eating clean! :)

Anyway, just keep going with your fitness program! YOU WILL lose weight!!!! :)

Amanorr- glad you are feeling better! Get back on the train we are here! :) TOOT TOOT!

Littleone- Yes, join us! I love Kenpo and Core from p90x but plyo is just too hard on my knees! Come in here for support, or to rant or just to make some new friends that love to do BB workouts! IT easy to talk yourself out of working out, but here's the good thing... If you can talk yourself OUT of it, you can talk yourself IN to it. You just have to switch your thinking.Even if you don't believe it... think- "Man, I can't wait to get home to burn some calories! It will help me lose weight, it will help me build up an appetite and it will help me sleep well!" Something like that. The power of the mind is big thing! WELCOME ABOARD!!!! :)

Audrey- WOO! Yes welcome! I kinda already addressed some motivation points above, but check it... YOU have to realize why YOU want to lose weight. The easy answer is to look good, feel good, health, more confidence etc... but let's get shallow... LOL Not shallow, but you know what i mean... What are you goals? Do you have a goal dress? Do you have little goals that are NOT food related on your way? Do you have old pics from when you were thinner or a celebrity with a similar build that you can look at for inspiration? I think all in all- if you want to do this- you will have to change your mindset! You can do it! We can do anything!
    So come in here and think, "I HAVE time to do this. I AM NOT tired I WILL GET THIS IN." Even if all you can do is 30 minutes a day, that is better than nothing! ALso, 30 minutes of exercise a day is proven to help your brain's axons fire properly. So you will be able to think more clearly while doing homework and then later, youwon't be so tired! :)

WELL HAVE A GREAT GREAT GREAT DAY! Going to workout in 15 minutes! I have Tfire 20 and Tfire Sculpt and then I'm going to get ready for my interview and then return a bunch of clothes I decided against. MINUS the great Michael Kors shirt/dress/Tunic I got in a purple printed silk... Need I say more? I'm keepin that! TOODLES!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Did Fire45 this morning!!! Currently in the 4th week of TF. I'm amazed at what I've been able to do! I'm in fairly good shape, even though overweight, but I never thought I'd be able to do the high jumps! BUT I CAN!!!

This 40 yr old is KICKIN' IT!!!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG! I am feeling sooo soooo sooo good! No, great! I woke up with no sore throat, I feel rested and my pimples are gone! LOL Lame I know, but I broke out the other day and now they are gone in time for my interview! :)

I stepped on the scale today because well, I wanted to with my interview and all.... I LOST 3.1 pounds! LOL WOW! I had thought that I have been "over-eating" at times or well, "coulda woulda shoulda" at times and nope- my exercise- consistent exercise has paid off! I broke out of the 150s (even by only .5) and heading back into my body's comfort zone of 140s. My goal was to be at 145 by the end of September and being I only have 4 more pounds to go, I am going to push hard to get there in the next two weeks! I was going to out for pizza this weekend, but now I want to push through that and keep eating clean! :)

Congratulations!! It sounds like you've earned it!! Great job! And you didn't have to be perfect to do it!!! That's the best part!