TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Did Fire45 this morning!!! Currently in the 4th week of TF. I'm amazed at what I've been able to do! I'm in fairly good shape, even though overweight, but I never thought I'd be able to do the high jumps! BUT I CAN!!!

This 40 yr old is KICKIN' IT!!!

That is so great! Glad you were able to do your workouts and glad that you are on week 4 with me! It feels like just yesterday I started this thread! LOL Yay for us!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello lovelies!!!!!!

It's Thursday and we're almost through another week!!! I just finished Fire 30 and Tone 30!! I KILLED it! A good night's sleep and being hydrated has made such a difference in my workout. I did all of the burpees and jumped higher on my fire drills! I'm still using the light green bands instead of the red one in the toning workout and I'm still getting a great burn. Using the green bands has helped my form tremendously.

Yesterday I went way over my calories.

But I'm not beating myself over it.

Before I would quit everthing pertainig to working out if I messed up. Now, I'm working on staying consistent. I know that I will lose the weight. I've already lost some. I don't know if any of you are dealing with this, but I really had to push myself to workout this week. I'm not sick. My motivation was low, and all I wanted to do was nothing. Today I felt like myself, and looked forward to working out.

I think that for me, this is the FIRST time I've stuck to working out this long. I usually quit way before now. It's almost like my body (or brain) wanted to go back to the way things were. I had to tell myself to keep going. I think something shifts inside us when we stick to things that are life giving and healthy for us. This change is new and in some ways scary. But I'm determined to move my life forward.

Rambling over.
    KIM- I hope you had an amazing interview!!!! Glad to hear you're feeling better! And congrats on losing 3lbs!! You are a major inspiration!

Spoiled Wife- I love Fire 45!!! Keep on Kicking IT!

Amanor and littleone- glad to see you guys back!
    Have a happy Thursday (We're only a day away from the weekend!!!)
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Ok I just realized I think it has been almost a week since I worked out…this September has not been my friend I don’t think…who gets sick back to back lol...me I do I do this is not a proud thing at all….at this moment I feel fine and the doctor didn’t tell me an exact date range to take it easy she said just rest let your body get used to the medicine (my body is not a fan of antibiotics the list of what I can take is small and most of the time I am told to deal with the side effects so much fun lol) anyway in the morning I always feel that I have tons of pep and energy so well shall see

Either which way I do believe I am going to start the Inferno plan on Monday

My husband wants to get back into Crossfit when we get to Georgia oh the fun and asked if I wanted to join him when I feel fit enough so this might change my workout routines…I am still thinking about this to be honest…I do love to workout with him…if so I might gasp be giving up on my Tracy Anderson as she doesn’t believe a female should lift more than 3lbs etc…I am really thinking about this or kind of do what Kim does and add it in every now and again if this is what I choose to do then when we get back from vacation I am going to start CLX I am not going to do a hybrid with TF I am going to keep up with TF and add that into …I am still in debate to be honest because I want to drop lbs. then tone up but we shall see arrggh not sure

Kim-you need to share this green smoothie recipe I hear everyone always talking about how good they are for you (and apparently I have a crap immune system lol) but I am not going to lie the thought about drinking spinach or kale does not sit well with me (I can’t stand v-8 juice or anything lol) I have issues so I am not sure this is something that I can do

Becka-Did you get new bands that don’t smell we have weights etc but we are going on a trip soon and I am thinking about getting some bands to take with us but we shall see lol I have to test out the ones we have to see how I feel about them

Aofs-how are you doing? Did you get back on track with your TF?

Pretty-I applaud you with your 12 hour shifts and keeping on track I know when I worked like that bad food is so much easier to grab and go with than anything healthy I think it’s a conspiracy…Go you on getting all of your burpees in etc. amazing …I love that you are working on a mental change here that is great I do the same as you so we can work on this together

Audrey – how are you doing finding time to work out? I know that when I was I had work and school I used to get up at like 430 to go to the gym made for a long day but after a few weeks it actually gave me more energy

Littleone- Welcome …how do you like TF so far?

Amanorr-sorry you have been under the weather it is a bugga bear I tell you

Spoiledwife-congrats on week 4 that is wonderful ….didn’t you hear 40 is like the new 25 (I say 25 because I am in my mid 30’s and I don’t want 33 to be like the new 16 because I don’t want to be a teenager ever again lol)

Hope everyone is having a great Friday
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wow - everyone's doing amazing on this!

I've done 4 days now, just did my first EZ workout (EZ?? Really?!) followed by stretch 10...felt it afterwards, but now feel really rejuvenated!

Not sure if I'm gonna workout both days on the weekend...but it's such an awesome workout, I bet I do anyway!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! :)

This week I have been alternating Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme... Yesterday was HIIT 25 and today is going to be Burn Circuit 3... This weekend will probably be Fire 45 or 55... Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    :love: :tongue: :happy: :wink: :bigsmile:

This is how I feel today! Oh man, thanks to everyone for supporting me on my weight loss journey, my TFire calendar journey and well my LIFE journey! I did KILL my interview today. It was so much better than yesterdays, even though that one went really well too! The high school I applied at today was much what I am used to from my own HS experience... anyway, I would love to have either position and whichever one I get/choose is where I am meant to be for 5 some years! :)

Soooo let's talk workouts!!!!! I am doing Tfire 55 ez (nothing ez about it! LOL) and then going to do Jmichaels 30 ds level 2. I haven't done it as much since I was feeling sick and didn't want to overdo it, but I feel goooooood! I might do some tracy anderson too, but we'll see how much time I have before I need to do some other things around the house!

I can't believe I have already lost 10 pounds! It's only been about 30 days and well people that is what CONSISTENCY does for you. Sure, I went over a few days, sure I didn't eat the best on all days, sure I skipped a workout here and there or substituted things in. BUT, I NEVER GAVE UP NEVER "STARTED OVER" AND JUST KEPT PUSHING THROUGH! :)

Sooo, my word to all you- keep pushing play! keep pushing through! We CAN DO THIS! We have about 3 months until Christmas! But dont' you want to be looking fabulous before Christmas? Say by Thanksgiving or early Dec!??!? If we keep going on this way, even if we all were to lose only 5 pounds a month, that is 15 pounds lighter by our goal dates!!!! That;s a huge difference! So don't feel bad if you aren't seeing big numbers. Only 5 pounds a month will mean BIG results!!!!! Consider anything extra a BONUS!!!!

Bluegirl- Happy Friday to you toooooooooooooo! Have fun with your mix and match of the two Charlenes! She's great huh? Keep on posting anytime you want! :) Cute profile pic!!!

Becka- Yeah, 55 is long and it's not EZ! LOL But you did it and like you said, it's amazing how you feel afterwards! There are some days I don't have as much energy as the other ones, but man even on lower energy days you burn a ton of calories! KEEP IT UP!!!!!! :) You are doing great! Really amazing! Truly inspiring!!!! Oh and you'll do a workout anyway this weekend! I can feel it. You are like me, if you have time, you're doing it! LOL

PrettyWitty- Thanks for all your wishes, things are really feeling great for me right now! LIke I found my groove! LOL Anyway, good job for not beating yourself up for going over calories! I have too and you know what, I look at it like this. BEFORE I was aware of my calories and eating like that all the time! NO WONDER I gained weight! So every once in awhile isn't going to hurt your body or results. We are only human. However, attitude can destroy DESTROY your success. So post, vent and get over it! Just like you did! SO AMAZING! ANother week gone! i start week 5 next MOnday! wow! It feels like just yesterday I was jealous that you were already at week 5~ :P LOL Well keep it up! GREAT JOB!

TEXAS- Gasp, Crossfit! LOL I love it! I have a lot of friends that do crossfit, but with my bad knee it's not an option. I know that all the people that do Crossfit are into it, but I have ready the studies and for me IT'S A NO GO!!!! I think it's great you want to do so much... here is my only advice. DO WHAT YOU LIKE! if you like TA then stick to it. If you want to do Crossfit, then do that. If you like Zumba, then do that... I am only adding TA in rght now because I just can't HOLD myself to doing it every other day. Things like taht discourage me, but since I'm doing the TFire schedule to a T right now, I will do TA the same way in January, adding cardio in when I can... The main thing is to finish what you started! Even if you don't get the crazy results you wanted, there is something about knowing you did a program and completed it! YOu better believe I'm excited to get my free Turbo Fire shirt! LOL So, just keep in mind you gotta keep doing A particular program or to just do ANY workout every day. that will get you there! I believe you can do this!!!!!!! Oh and green smoothies. I just use whatever fruit I have (the size of a medium apple, half a banana, 1/2 cup blueberries etc) and then 4-5 handfuls of spinach. Sounds gross, but you don't even TASTE the spinach! Delicious and healthy and well way low on calories and you can drink some 54 oz! IT's amazing! :)
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't get a chance to get on the message boards that much so I just saw this thread! I love all things Chalene too! I am starting my second round of Turbofire. I did my first round last year and lost 15 pounds! Of course I slacked off so now I am back again but this time I am going to do Turbofire for 20 weeks with the advanced dvds. I travel alot with my new job and its been very hard to really commit like I need to, but I joined the Beachbody challenge and re-committed the other day. SO its on. If any of you decide to try the Turbofire 5 day inferno plan you should -I lost 6 pounds doing that one time for 5 days its awesome. My goal is to be in a bikini by March and I know Turbofire will get me there. I also started going to a PIYO class every other week on Sundays and I love it.PIYO is the class Chalene Johnson created for the gyms-its a combination of yoga and pilates. I love it.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    MONICA! Where have you been all my life! Your love for life and Charlean and Piyo has got me revved up girl! Welcome to our thread and stop by anytime!

I love the 5 day inferno plan and add it in here and there. Unfortunately, I have a bad knee (like wheelchair need an operation bad knee) and found that doing 5 days of that much intensity or of the same moves is tough on me! I like to break it up!!!! :) Anyway, I am on week 5 next monday and i am doing the 20 week advanced calendar! I KNOW I can do it!

My goal is to be 130 by the holidays (so 20 pounds more to go roughly) and then to be around 115/120 by my 30th birthday in June! I CAN DO IT! In fact...

MY WHOLE TEAM OF TURBO FIRE-ER-ER-ER-ERS CAN AND WILL DO IT! You hear that ladies? Talking about all you!!!

JOIN US, BRING A FRIEND AND LET'S ROCK OUT TO TFIRE AND LIFE TOGETHER!

Have a great night! :) Here's to killer workouts this weekend!
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Good Morning ladies

Welcome Monica you rock lady

Kim-10lbs your great job interviews, getting a second interview you are on the way so happy for you

I hope everyone had a great Friday…I am starting to feel better so I guess I am getting used to my medicine which is good my house must be cleaned/picked up today I just can’t handle it

Ok so I looked up more of the Cross-Fit stuff my husband is on crack and then I asked him about it (he is away so phone and text get messed up lol) he is like (insert embarrassing pet name here) I was kind of picking on you about doing it because of you rice crispy knee…but if you think you can then go for it

My knee is crap I had surgery on it many many years ago and it actually made it worse I have arthritis behind my knee cap and my something something band is weak (so Kim I feel your pain trust me lol) I am cleared to do the workouts from the Physical therapist as long as I wear my knee brace and will start Physical Therapy on it when we move …the military medical facility will be free and they are used to crazy injuries lol

But before I found this out I really thought about what is right for me I realized cross-fit is not for me I might go watch him or bring the water for them or orange slices like the soccer mom but at this time in life not for me

I also realized that Kim you are right I can’t stand when people jump around on everything I have one person on my MFP friends list who give everything like two weeks and jumps from Turbo Fire to extreme heavy weight lifting…to know carbs…to whatever and I have said how can you know anything in two weeks …what is that saying it took longer to gain it so give it some time to work very roughly translated

So here is my plan of attack go me lol…we leave for vacation in a couple of weeks and no I am not going to say that I will be taking my DVD’s with me because that isn’t going to happen….DC I know last year we averaged walking almost 10 miles a day might not be heart rate walking but it was definitely a lot of walking and then in Texas we will be staying with my parents and I might be able to fit it in there but I really doubt it to be honest and I am not going to say I am going to do something that I really am not

So my goal is to do my TA Mat DVD and PP DVD before we go for the next few weeks…I am going to do the Inferno plan of TF either starting Sunday or Monday (I want to make sure I am feeling fine all day today) and I am going to start walking on Monday also this is to make sure my walking shoes are broken in last year my tennis shoes gave me huge blisters that we actually had to buy me a pair of brand new shoes (sometime your comfy favorite shoes are not meant for long term walking I am just saying lol) and breaking those in was just not fun at all …and that way maybe I can hope to not get blisters this year because well I felt so bad that we were stuck in the hotel for a night or two because my feet were just way to wimpy lol

Then when we get back I am going to pick back on my turbo fire finish that up and restart my Meta/TA

Now that I have written a book lol….

I hope everyone has a great weekend
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had been out of the groove lately (almost 2 weeks... YIKES) and I weirdly enough, I got inspired by watching a pretty well-put together and well-fit woman walking down the street the other day. I think I'm pretty put together/well-fit but I know I can do so much better. So as my cat woke me up this morning on Saturday, I couldn't go back to sleep and decided that instead of just slouching around on the couch, I just get up and work out. It felt great!

I did 30 minutes of Fire 45EZ (I didn't want to do too much b/c I really wanted to do Sculpt 30) but instead of doing Fire 30, I wanted to do the last 3 routines in Fire45 EZ because I love the music and the moves. So, I figured if it'd get me into the groove, I can bend the rules a bit. :-) And I felt like a winner. And afterwards, I went to get my nails and eyebrows done. I feel like brand new almost! :-)

And these posts keep inspiring me! Keep up the good work, ladies!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello hello! I know it's late, but I wanted to jump on!

So yesterday, while doing Tfire55, I totally slipped on my own sweat and fell on my bad knee... THE KNEE CAP! Ohhhhh, I could feel it slip out of the socket and well I was able to peel myself off the floor. Anyway... I didn't finish the last 5 minutes and well "worked" with my body.

Anyway, it was hurting a bit and then it was feeling better. I did wake up this morning thought FEELING my knee. SO when I looked at my workouts today I was very happy it was core and stretching! I did core, then Tracy Anderson's Post Preg workout (which is all on the floor) and then yoga. OH so much better!

Don't think that Tfire 45 is in the cards for me tomorrow. I am sure I could do it low impact, but with this injury I like to take about two days off from any really side to side movement. So i know I burn about 450 calories so I will do that tomorrow with walking around the lakes by my house instead. I will either go with my husband or listen to a book on my phone. Either way, ladies- this is what I'm talking about. You can still workout, you can still move and burn calories! :) I will also be doing Tracy Anderson's Mat workout which is floor work and simple standing as well! :)

SO- things have been busy! Got a snazzy new blazer for my second interview tomorrow and then also some nice silky blouses. They were on sale, we had a gift cert and well, my husband got free pj pants out of the deal made out of bamboo. He was happy. LOL Super excited for my interview. I FEEL GREAT about it! I am sure I will post more tomorrow, but on Monday at 11;00 am MST I will be in my second and final interview. I have coached well for it, researched a lot and well- JUST FEEL Like it was meant to be! :) SO happy thoughts please! You guys are so good at that! :) Tomorrow, after my morning walks/workouts I will be showering and then doing my measurements! It's my measurement/weigh in time for the Tfire schedule and this coming MOnday I start a NEW sheet! LOL I love that it's all clean! Mine now is filled to the brim with pinks, purples and colors! LOL Anyway, we are doing this! Only 4 page left after this! LOL 20 weeks, WOW! I can't wait to see the results! For all of us!

TEXAS- Good for you! As long as you are working out I think that is the key. Not even working out, just staying active. I know we are all here to lose weight, but part of it is just to keep our bodies working and our brains thinking. So do what you need to do! :) You are doing so great, especially with everything going on at the docs! Just keep it up! Don't get discouraged! You are a big team player in this thread and we believe in you!

Hoyagirl- No worries! 2 weeks, you are back on track now! I was off the wagon before this last month for like 3 months! LOL SOOOOOOOOOOO- you are doing great! :) I LOVE Fire 45ez! That music, the old schoolish hip hop! LOL MY JAMS! I love all of them, but fire45ez was my "first favorite" when I received them. Currently, i'm really rockn out the Fire55! It's flying by! LOL I might even bump up the 55 minute workouts to the 60 soon, but we'll see, that five extra minutes DOES make a difference! LOL Glad you are being inspired, we are here if you need! It's just nice to know that through all of our "daily lives" we are making time to do it! Sometimes we pick different workouts or modify or go over calories, but that is okay. We are here and doing our thing! Oooh and yes, it feels GREAT to workout! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I had a great NSV today! While out shopping I grabbed all Mediums, Larges and XLs, just because I am usually a large. BUT I was a small!!!!!!!!!!! Super happy! Granted that was in the women's section. In misses/junior I am a Large or xl, but who isn't! LOL WOOOO!

Have you guys had any more Non Scale Victories?!?!?!? SHARE! :)
  • audreysauruss
    Options
    Sorry, haven't been on here in a while! Still figuring it out, right after I wrote that I did the Fire45EZ, the first time I did it..I couldn't make it through the whole thing. I pushed myself the other day and made it through the whole thing!

I think you're right, I need to find other reasons besides looking good to motivate me. Also, goals are a good idea, I need to reward myself with something...I just have to figure out what it should be.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well I had myself another rest day yesterday, but felt restLESS all day, as I was missing my daily Chalene!!

So did yesterday's fire 30 and today's core 20...I did 15 min of the stretch 40, but time was pressing against me, but not so bad combining those workouts!

I've really got to sort my HRM though...dufus that I am, I bought the wrong flat batteries (I didn't know they came in different depths!) so my kcals burned is lower than it should be - seriously, I'm looking at my watch and it's telling me my heart rate is 69!!! When I can feel my damn heart pounding in my throat! I'm sure I'm losing about 100 kcals per fire!

Starting week 2 tomorrow!!! Saving up for ChaLean Extreme!!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    AFTER 30 days MY results are AWESOME!!!
    I have lost 12 pounds since i started and lost a total of 10 inches throughout my body. I have lost 1 inch in my chest, 1.5 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my stomach, and two inches in my inner thighs! WOOOOOOOO! I can't believe this is after only 4 weeks! I can't wait to see the results at week 20! :) Thanks for all the motivation guys!!!! It appears that I didn't lose weight in my arms, but I know I did! LOL I must have been pulling that measuring tape REALLY tight last time. Everyone has noticed how much better they look! LOL ANYWAY- I"M ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOON right now!

I wasn't expecting to lose another pound from Thursday to Sunday, but I did! LOL Soooo hooray! I'm almost back to my regular 140, and a mere 15-18 pounds away from 130 where i KNOW i look and feel great! Then, soon around the holidays i can't wait to tone up with Tracy Anderson and get that little 120 body I have wanted back for some time! WOOOO! I am just so excited and feeling great! I have just reached that moment in the last week or so where I am starting to feel like myself again. My pants are fitting way better and well just KNOWING i'm KILLING IT! :) This is a great confidence boost for before my interview! :)

Well, off for my walk and then some laundry and more interview prep! Although, I am feeling so good, something tells me i might even be doing some Shiva yoga!!!!

Becka- Good job! I know what you mean about having rest days! It feels weird! LOL Keep it up! I have Charlean extreme and while it's very different, it's very effective too! I am sure you will love it! While you do that I will do Tracy Anderson and we can keep each other motivated! :)

Audrey- no worries! You do what you can and that is the beginning of it. Soon, you will be feeling much better and being able to get through more and more of it! Keep it up and you will see great results too!!! :)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I finished my first week of TF/CLX on Friday.... Today was the start of week two! Just finished Fire 45!...loved it, as always even though it kicks my butt!..lol!

Hope everyone has a great week! :)
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12 pounds since i started and lost a total of 10 inches throughout my body. I have lost 1 inch in my chest, 1.5 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my stomach, and two inches in my inner thighs! WOOOOOOOO! I can't believe this is after only 4 weeks! I can't wait to see the results at week 20! :) Thanks for all the motivation guys!!!! It appears that I didn't lose weight in my arms, but I know I did! LOL I must have been pulling that measuring tape REALLY tight last time. Everyone has noticed how much better they look! LOL ANYWAY- I"M ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOON right now!

These results are incredible , and just in four weeks!! You're a fat-burning machine!!
    Fantastic job!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Hi everyone... Would anyone mind me joining? I know its a bit late and I am still waiting on my dvd but I am looking for a support group for Turbo Fire asap!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options

I wasn't expecting to lose another pound from Thursday to Sunday, but I did! LOL Soooo hooray! I'm almost back to my regular 140, and a mere 15-18 pounds away from 130 where i KNOW i look and feel great! Then, soon around the holidays i can't wait to tone up with Tracy Anderson and get that little 120 body I have wanted back for some time! WOOOO! I am just so excited and feeling great! I have just reached that moment in the last week or so where I am starting to feel like myself again. My pants are fitting way better and well just KNOWING i'm KILLING IT! :) This is a great confidence boost for before my interview! :)

Well, off for my walk and then some laundry and more interview prep! Although, I am feeling so good, something tells me i might even be doing some Shiva yoga!!!!

Becka- Good job! I know what you mean about having rest days! It feels weird! LOL Keep it up! I have Charlean extreme and while it's very different, it's very effective too! I am sure you will love it! While you do that I will do Tracy Anderson and we can keep each other motivated! :)

Audrey- no worries! You do what you can and that is the beginning of it. Soon, you will be feeling much better and being able to get through more and more of it! Keep it up and you will see great results too!!! :)

OMG really! You just motivated me sooo much!
  • audreysauruss
    Options
    Just did core 20! I love that one! I love that it's short but I can feel it the next day!
    Also my tummy is one of my problem areas, which makes me love that workout even more!