Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lmlmrn. I dug those ferns(like 4 different varieties) out of my woods and put them in that shaded rock garden.

Wonderful YOUR yard project is complete. Hard work - YES. Satisfying - Definitely. That was alot of bark to lay. You and Thelma should head to Amish country on your road trip. There are many Amish communities out tgat way bith in Ohio and Pennsylvania. And maybe some good ole town fairs. Oh gee, now I am thinking it is my Sister and I on this adventure since she is out in Ohio as well.

We are going to need daily updates as you make you way along.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - I love blueberries! I buy them every week for breakfast. My mom use to grow them in Louisiana but I've not tried here in Texas.

Steak night ... 2 glasses of a nice red wine. DH asked before opening the bottle if I would be joining him. Yes tonight. I informed DH that tomorrow night I would be AF.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    WARNING major photo display ahead. Uncovered all the plants for a photo shoot.

Thought I would share with ya all.

Lovely Garden @MissMay

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Saturday successfully navigated and AF!

Now 6 days AF for July. It's really helping that my wife is with me on this journey this time. Sure we've both derailed the other once or twice over the past 2 months. But more often than not the buddy buddy system has helped us both stay focused.

@Lilylady3k Texas Steak Night...my mouth is watering and it's only 7am here LOL
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Nice garden @MissMay, lots of space there for a party too!

72 AF days to go. Big news here is that it rained wildly last night. It was a cool lightning show too. Thankfully we did not lose power like lots of others.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    @MissMay
    Sooooo beautiful!!
    Being a gardener I do understand how much work that it. Great job, and thank you so much for sharing.
    I do love to see photos : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    You are always cooking amazing things.
    I enjoy seeing the photos.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF for the month. This is sustainable long term for me.

Wednesday July 07 - Drinks. I had intended to be AF. After work and a little shopping we got a heavy rain storm which was so lovely and needed. I was sitting on my front covered porch enjoying it, and then decided that I would like to have drinks while I was sitting there. Of course up an entire pound in the morning, that is how it goes.
    Thursday July 08 - AF - Of course I felt like having drinks. I put a Piccolo (4oz) champagne (well, Freixenet) into the fridge. I am getting my second Covid Immunization after work tomorrow, and I have Saturday and Sunday off.
    Friday July 09 - Drinks. I did not have my mini champagne (comes in a 3 pack of 100ml bottles) rather started with a frozen Mike's blue. Maybe I will have some champagne 2 weeks after to celebrate being 100% protected. I am off of work now until 5pm on Monday. Not sure if I will have more drinks or not. Willpower has been better.
    Saturday July 10 - Drinks, 1/2 can Gin Smash and 2 other drinks. So weird to have days off after months of 5 jobs. I will gain my equilibrium shortly.

Rolling total - 4 AF days out of 10 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    AF this evening … Fever Tree Sparkling Grapefruit (non-alcoholic) while DH has wine.

nm8ob1051nne.jpeg
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @MissMay Beautiful flower arrangement! Brightened my morning.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    71 AF days to go. I'm finding it easy not drinking for a stretch but only if I "don't" diet at the same time. It seems as soon as I start dieting, deprivation and cravings hit. Trying for balance this time and just focusing on eating healthy foods and less quantity. Maybe I can psych myself out this time.

@GiveherGrace, how nice we are neighbors then....I'm in Las Sendas. Two years ago in July of course, we lost power for about 24 hours of course a day of 115 with humidity. The house temp inside jumped to 99 quick. Our first solution was hanging out in the pool but we could only last in there for so long. We adapted and just drove to the nearest place with power which back then was Texas Roadhouse somewhere in south Gilbert and we hung out there until they kicked us out.

Hi @loreleishannon this is a great group. And lots of talent might I add, artists, master gardeners, photographers, cooks, you name it. Best of luck with your goals.