WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i got through the sleep study and i slept,there was so many wires hooked up to me i felt like the bionic woman and they woke me up a few minutes after 5,got dressed and went to the car and pickec up the boys.. we are all home here and think i might try and nap for a little bit while its dark still.. here is hoping that i font need a cpap..but if i do oh well
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Home- it is welcoming and peaceful.
    Garden- I have flowers beds that are well established.
    Neighborhood- in the country, but only 7 miles from "city"

DH to doctor this morning. Then work. Massage this evening. 😍

Oh, refrigerator is dying. Not very cold. It is 21 years old. Now to hunt for one in stock that fits.

Welcomes!
    Hugs!
    Prayers!
    High fives!

Kylia in Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, church.
    Bonus: Freddie’s, almost an hour and a half dinking around in the garden, chopping brush, tending ‘taters.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, filing, bank to sign loan docs, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    10-Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them: all you wonderful gals here.
    11-Look for something positive in a difficult sitiuation: receiving those patience lessons, yes, again.
    12-Write your worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”: I hesitate to write my worries down as I feel it gives them reality.

Heather “If you can…” ROTLMAO! Brilliant idea for Johnny to zoom watch the match with the grands. Even better news about the negative tests and in person viewing. Love the poem ;)
    Julie we live half a mile up a dirt road that winds up and down along the edge of steep ravines, so need all wheel drive. In the winter we put on studded tires in case we need to go through the snowy/icy mountains to Medford. At less than 5’, and shortwaisted, I like to sit up high to see over the hood ;) It’s not a pressing need, my 2014 Escape works just fine, I’m simply not in love with it and would like something else, perhaps a Toyota 4runner or a GMC Denali for longevity/reliability. No trouble adding food to yesterday’s diary from my iphone, unfortunately ;)
    Machka ((hugs)) such a hard balancing act to encourage his independence yet set boundaries for your own health. ((hugs))
    Debbie your ginger pineapple concoctions sound mouth-watering!
    Welcome @frespirit57 and @khalsey3737! Would you let us know what to call you and your general locale?
    Flea (((hugs))) :cry: (((hugs))) and prayers, prayers, prayers.
    Kylia sneakers in snake country? Oh no!
    Rebecca safe travels!

Home: peek at the ocean down the powerline easement
    Garden: volunteer potatoes, dwarf fruit trees persisting despite neglect
    Neighborhood: forested, quiet, private, rarely hear neighbors, only see them occasionally passing by on the lane.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 10, weigh/wii: 11/0/0; steps>6701=6211, vits=8.75, log=11, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=8, Shadow=10, mfp=12, outside=14, up hill=11, clean 10=5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=1 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=6 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

oh yes, living up a remote dirt road, of course you need a 4WD
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    From yesterday
    Done/to do today
    walk to pool - DONE - long walk there and back, 2h+ at moderate pace, felt short on the way there with fun stop at café on the way, felt long on the way back, especially with day pack filling up and feeling very peckish
    swim - DONE 30+ min (1km) easier than last time 2 weeks ago
    by insect product - not available where I went.
    work on writing 2H SO FAR ON MONDAY
    once over cleaning A WEE BIT
    track SO FAR
    fun: get coffee DONE
    dreamy: plan week DONE

creation: do sketch DONE and write, write - very briefly - DONE about motivation for writing to get me going

AND... LEFT OVER FROM YESTERDAY FOR TODAY:

15-25 min cardio at +115 HR DONE
    review and take notes on adviser's notes, (audio and written) prep for appointment DONE
    produce good/ok pages of writing to send 2H WORK NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SEND
    read some key material SOME TODAY
    go through at least 1 of late library books, and take notes WORKING ON TODAY

e lie down in grass: NOT YET

end of day: walk, YES meditate ? NOT YET plan next day's work? YES

Also need a little rest right now!

order :
    1h rest DONE
    1h clean A WEE BIT
    * time needed -check notes and prep for tomorrow PARTL
    1h go through one overdue library book
    1h produce one good page
    1-5 min lie in grass
    15 min meditate

ok !

[/quote]

So still to do:
    Read book one take notes
    Produce 1 or 2 pages
    Lie in grass
    Meditate

also

Call director
    Cleaning

The painter is here to paint bathroom after water damage long ago. it's covered by insurance.
    He's very grouchy. it's not ideal and I guess he's going to be here for a very long afternoon. :/

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    First day for new cleaner this afternoon. I've made a list of priorities, based on the areas our guests will see at the weekend. :D
    She seemed very nice when she came round for the assessment. Every cleaner is different. They each have their own "funny little ways". :p

Love Heather UK
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌱🌿🍃
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Home : my comfort place
    Garden : I can see it from my desk window and it gives me joy and peace
    Neighborhood : absolutely the best anywhere, we're family
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie —I am happy you got through the sleep study. :star:

Kylia —Happy refrigerator shopping. A 21 year old refrigerator is amazing. I hope you find one that fits. :flowerforyou:

Heather —I hope the new cleaner is a keeper. We have ours on standby while we get kitchen sorted out. Our refrigerator and stove are fine, but the microwave and oven set need to be replaced. We’re on a wait list for the installer to come and take out the old and install the new. :ohwell:

Minicooper452 —Home is our comfort place, too. We have a wonderful view and good neighbors. My garden is tiny. I grow blueberries, herbs, and have a small tomato plant that is covered with green tomatoes. I use a drip system on a timer that turns on the water twice a day, first thing in the morning and mid-afternoon. So far, the garden is doing fine. :bigsmile:

I am having fun knitting a baby blanket for our future grandson. He is due to be born in October or November. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I tried to post a couple of pics from smartphone but get the message "community not available" grrr
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,543 Member
    Options
    8am, 8mi walk done
  • bananasandoranges
    edited July 2021
    Options
    First day for new cleaner this afternoon. I've made a list of priorities, based on the areas our guests will see at the weekend. :D
    She seemed very nice when she came round for the assessment. Every cleaner is different. They each have their own "funny little ways". :p

Love Heather UK

totally agree about the "funny little ways".

CLEANER
    I just asked concierge if he knew someone. he's going to send by a contact of his who lives very nearby on the morning of Bastil day to meet. I haven't had a cleaner since my last one did a now show around xmas time. (she said she was staying and wanted to work since she didn't have much work, but didn't show nor answer till after her company posted a new ad for the job. her company said it's not the 1st time she didn't show. One thing I liked about her is she really liked natural materials as much as possible (vinegar etc). It was so much easier with Rita, I think partly because she lived right nearby, like this one: 5 or 10 min by foot. Another one tried after the last one came 30 min late and did NOT want to clean the floors. She was very new to the company and I think she was not made for housecleaning (which I can understand!).
    I'm managing at present, but it would be better to have someone to help at least sometimes. I just don't have the juice I had pre-50 years old, when I couldn't bear to have a cleaner. When I have juice I needed to catch up with other stuff.
    ADMIN ASSISTANT
    I also called the "secretarial assistant place" too, and hopefully they'll send me someone too. the previous ones would bring their own laptop and would with 10 fingers. the last one didn't have a laptop, and could only type with 2 fingers and I felt like I had to keep re-explaining things. it was better than nothing I guess, but just barely and didn't really work so well for the price. (38 euros an hour). All this to help me get over the hump to finish my writing this year. I'm way behind in paperwork. Someone on top of this sort of thing, can do some of it on their own and leave me to do the rest.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited July 2021
    Options
    done/to do
    Read book one take notes - still working on it, aim to be done with this book by midnight! /b]
    Produce 1 or 2 pages - working on it
    Lie in grass - not yet
    Meditate ) not yet

also

Call director - not yet
    Cleaning CHECK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Cleaner worked out fine. Not perfect, but good enough and I like her. The list of things to leave out was about right. The coming visit has made me tidy up the spare guest room and I moved a nice ceramic bowl to the dining room. I now have a couple of large duvets with no obvious home at the moment, but I will figure it out.
    Now to organise the online payment.

Veal escalopes, roasted cauliflower and mushroom sauce for dinner. AF red wine.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Michaela bought her little chair at a yard sale for 3.00.

Carol- my DH and I are the same. We eat in front of the tv most nights. It works for us too. I just don’t have the energy for it all anymore. I really dislike cooking too.

Rita - I think it shows promise that your DH is trying. I think it’s a long hard road to recovery from what I’ve witnessed over the years.

I was in that situation very very early in life. I was engaged to him when I realized the partying we did as teens was getting to be a daily habit. I broke it off. He is now a full blown alcoholic. My husband doesn’t drink unless it’s socially, which is very rare. His Dad drank too much and ruined too many special occasions for him.

Heather - I am so happy for your husband.

Barbara - my brother is a mechanic and he swears by Toyota. My Son in law’s mom is on her third one she just keeps reading them in every few years for the newer model.

I have been reading along but with the Grands here I have been busy. The Grands and I left Saturday around 1pm and went to their Aunt’s for the night. It was fun but we were all exhausted coming home yesterday.
    The Grands go home today and I go back to work tomorrow. We will be having a cleaning party this afternoon before their parents arrive.
    p3p2kagqvuwb.jpeg

I will be having a very early bedtime tonight I think.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Ok, you know the beer I said I bought after buying clothes yesterday? Well the first bottle I gulped because I was thirsty, and the second I nursed watching tv with husband, aaand the third I opened when I made myself a plate of dinner. Everything is a blur after that. 🙃😕😋😁I'm such a boob. But I kind of remember stirring a bit when husband asked me if I wanted to go to the gym this morning, but I waved him away. Well the other three beers I put down in the soda and waters area, low away from view. I am good to not drink them for a couple months. Being that they're not cold, I am not tempted. So what DID Rebecca learn from this? Well, beer goes down way too easy when you're thirsty. Better to gulp water! Don't sip on a beer whilst cooking!!! The end.
    Rebecca
    Fuzzy but no headache.👍
    On Whidbey
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Here i am again
    Flea- im sending healing prayers and best wishes ,hoping that the outcome with an awesome dr ,will keep you going for many years to come..
    Just got off the phone with my brother...
    Lord honestly i love the man,but he was on me about flapping my gums to everyone.. i didnt think I did,but I guess i said some things that got Jean upset,so he said what he says to me is in confidence.. ohhhh k
    Now that I have Jean blocked ,wont be so much lets just say annoyance..
    I brought Dan to work and i asked if he had alternative plans and he has been talking to friends at work and will get rides from them,he asked if i could still bring him on weds,and i told him speak with the manager to get your hours changed to something that accommodates your schedule...I think he knows he has to get on with things on his own..and I should have done it a long time ago...
    I had to take a couple of little naps today i was tired ...but feeling much better now.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Awe cute sweet cat's Debbie! I love to see happy, contented cats. They really are social creatures, and do better in sets of 2 or three. 👍
    Rebecca