WHY do people CHEAT?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Looking for greener grass is pointless. Grass only gets greener with maintenance and care. If you find green grass you maintain it to keep it that way. If you can't do that then no matter the grass it will brown dry up.

...... the grass is always greener over the septic tank.

qe2mg3zr99ln.jpg
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Well.... those rooms at the Holiday Inn Express ain't going to rent themselves.
    Well.... those rooms at the Holiday Inn Express ain't going to rent themselves.[/quo
    😂😁

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    According to an article I just read...
    We cheat to feel alive and to expand our sense of self desire....your thoughts???!!

I cheat all the time...
    on my diet
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Looking for greener grass is pointless. Grass only gets greener with maintenance and care. If you find green grass you maintain it to keep it that way. If you can't do that then no matter the grass it will brown dry up.

Now this is very true!!!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Again, unless you've met the 7 billion people on Earth face to face, how can you say that?
    If the "grass" you have at home, and it starts going bad and no amount of watering, fertilizing, care, etc. improves it, then either "resodding" or "renewing your lawn" is likely. It's NOT always about the caretaker though. There is such a thing as "bad grass".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I disagree. Grass doesn't go "bad" now if you start with a "weed" you can't turn that into grass. All you can do is pull the weeds and plant the grass!! You actually have to know what kind of grass you have the amount of water it needs the right time to cut it and the right time to let it grow. When to fertilize and feed your grass so that it stays lush and beautiful!!! I see it as I'm a lawn and so is my hubby!! We both gotta maintain the lawn and give it love and be there when it needs us. Took us time to pull all the weeds and plant the right grass!! I know I had a few weeds!! My husband had his work cut out for him. I was an undeveloped yard with a few sticks and clumps of green here and there. Now I'm a well manicured lawn that gets lots of attention!! I can promise as soon as you start looking for other grass yours will brown....that's a fact. Experience unfortunately......I learned the hard way. I looked and I realized I needed to pop my head outta my *kitten* and appreciate my grass!!!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

No it isn’t! Here’s a pic of mine.😆
    nhdk38torpd9.jpeg

• dlben007
    dlben007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To pass a school examination?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Again, unless you've met the 7 billion people on Earth face to face, how can you say that?
    If the "grass" you have at home, and it starts going bad and no amount of watering, fertilizing, care, etc. improves it, then either "resodding" or "renewing your lawn" is likely. It's NOT always about the caretaker though. There is such a thing as "bad grass".

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I disagree. Grass doesn't go "bad" now if you start with a "weed" you can't turn that into grass. All you can do is pull the weeds and plant the grass!! You actually have to know what kind of grass you have the amount of water it needs the right time to cut it and the right time to let it grow. When to fertilize and feed your grass so that it stays lush and beautiful!!! I see it as I'm a lawn and so is my hubby!! We both gotta maintain the lawn and give it love and be there when it needs us. Took us time to pull all the weeds and plant the right grass!! I know I had a few weeds!! My husband had his work cut out for him. I was an undeveloped yard with a few sticks and clumps of green here and there. Now I'm a well manicured lawn that gets lots of attention!! I can promise as soon as you start looking for other grass yours will brown....that's a fact. Experience unfortunately......I learned the hard way. I looked and I realized I needed to pop my head outta my *kitten* and appreciate my grass!!!
    So you don't believe people can change over the years? That someone who may be really short tempered can become more patient and vice versa? It takes TWO to maintain a relationship and if one is unwilling, why should the other HAVE to keep watering that grass?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Because we are not a pair-bonding species. If you look at divorce rates, or even better, the prevalence of cheating, it becomes very clear we may not be cut out for life long commitment to one person. Just hear me out, If half of all married couples divorce, do you say half of all married couples are defective, or that maybe marriage is a defect. Just food for thought, maybe its not people thats the problem, maybe it the expectations of people.

this 100 *kitten* percent. i was pressured into getting married because "it's just what you do". if i could go back, i would have never done it. hind sight is 20/20.... maybe it works for some people, but clearly not all. unhappiness i think is a root cause in cheating. I have never, and would like to think i would never, cheat, but i'd be lying if i said it's never crossed my mind... think i'm dirt ball or whatever but i'm not in love and financially I can't live alone. Again... Unhappiness... ¯\_(x_x)_/¯
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I also personally believe that religion has a lot to do with trying to keep people "forced" together when they may not want to be. I know in my former religion (Catholicism) that divorce is very much looked down upon and highly discouraged. Many cultures and religions have expectations of couples and I believe that many couples just got married because it was expected if they've been together for awhile. But that doesn't mean that person was always the right one for you. Again, unless one has met every possible person available to them, how can you really know? Most people in the world on average have had about 7 real relationships. They are picking the BEST out of that 7. But what if that 7 was only subpar?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So you don't believe people can change over the years? That someone who may be really short tempered can become more patient and vice versa? It takes TWO to maintain a relationship and if one is unwilling, why should the other HAVE to keep watering that grass?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's exactly what I believe. My yard went from broke down and busted to amazing and lush so did my husband. We were hostile in the beginning wild and crazy!! Hurt each other over and over. But because we never stopped improving the yard maintenance and kept working so hard to help each other become amazing!!!!!! I was angry at my husband thought I was tired of working on mess I wanna find someone who doesn't come with all of that NEWS FLASH: WE ARE ALL A MESS!! Everyone has *kitten*!! Stay home work on ya own *kitten*!! It's worth it!!! We have come a long way and I believe in long relationships and working hard to maintain them!! I almost tossed that all away looking for something that isn't there......now I just get out my watering can and my weed Wacker and go to work when our relationship needs help!!!
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yep thats my question also....

Cheaters freaking suck
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    🙄
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    They come to the realization that they made a terrible mistake. They are better, want better and deserve better. They go out and get what they perceive as better. Yet, they keep their SO around because they have no spine to face the consequences of their own actions and decisions.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Eltriste73 wrote: »
    They come to the realization that they made a terrible mistake. They are better, want better and deserve better. They go out and get what they perceive as better. Yet, they keep their SO around because they have no spine to face the consequences of their own actions and decisions.

Yep, thats exactly what we do, and exactly what we are.
  • SpicyMeatball82
    SpicyMeatball82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Because they’re cowards.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Last time I cheated was about 12 years ago. Happened to have 3 different girls I really liked and couldnt decide which was the best match so I just dated them all at the same time.........for 3 years 🤷‍♂️

How did you have time for all that??? So you called each of them your gf??? Surely they knew...or they had their own side piece too😂😂😂