WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Karen - Your granddaughter, besides growing up to be a beautiful woman, also radiates the intensity of the true champion. Focused, centered. She's going to be a world-beater, that one.

And happy birthday, because I'll forget between now and then!

:smiley:

Lisa
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I feel like I've been busy, but I can't recall why.

Good news is that I haven't had a hot flash in over 2 weeks, even though it's been toasty here. However, now that I've said that, they'll probably start up again.

Flea-There are no words. Sending hugs.

Michele - I read an article about a study on mosquitoes a while back and the outcome was that the only product that worked better than DEET is using nothing at all. I have also heard that mosquitoes are intense this year, so maybe the best is to stay inside at dusk. I also agree with others, it doesn't matter why you have to leave early from your game. No need to explain yourself.

I am refocusing on weight loss for a bit. I want to get back to my pre-COVID weight. Mostly because my clothes are getting a bit snug and uncomfortable and I despise clothes shopping. Unfortunately, that has been challenging. No one to blame but me and my love of cooking. I need a different hobby.

One thing I'm trying to do is burn at least 300 calories per day on top of logging my food and eating low-calorie. The weekends are troublesome. I need to remedy that. Hopefully, I can drop 5 within the next month or vacation is going to be snug too.

Stay well.

Tina in CA
  • pcn7
    pcn7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Pat. I'd like to join. I'm a good supporter but need to establish some discipline routines right now. Question: HOW DO YOU BOOKMARK?
    Thanks
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 3hrs 2min 27sec, 112elev, 81ahr, 104mhr, 3.37ap, 10.30mi= 964c
    Strava app = 1248c
    Zwift home spin bike- 13.54min, 131elev, 126ahr, 153mhr, 196aw, 67arpm, 5.07mi= 150c
    Zwift app = 157c

1114 total cal

Longest walk w/yogi, almost 10-1/2mi. Never look at or track steps, this was 25187
  • pipcd34
    Options
    pcn7 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Pat. I'd like to join. I'm a good supporter but need to establish some discipline routines right now. Question: HOW DO YOU BOOKMARK?
    Thanks

Hey there. To bookmark, on the top right hand corner you should see a star, click it and it will turn yellow. At the end of the month, we have a lady in the group that creates a new page for the next month. Then you will unclick this clad and click on the star of the new page that will b created. Welcome

euje9holfh3o.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Karen I agree with Heather. I swam as a youth,lifeguarded and coached swimming. It is a great sport. My other DB and DSIL swim in the Master's Program and still compete. They are 69 and 68 respectively. My DSIL almost went to the Olympics when she was a in her teens. Her only brother was killed in automobile accident the year she was to go, and she did not go. She went onto to coach and run a swim club for years. They did a wonderful write up of her when she retired. This is not the DSIL who now owns what she calls the Budha house for her Antique Road Show find.

Swimming can be a lifelong carreer. It is also creates a wonderful body as evidenced in your granddaughter. I agree she has the swimmers's body and drive to be a champion. She reminds me of my DSIL.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Weight Watchers 15 Minute Boot Camp DVD today then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Resistance Cord Workout DVD. A new one (like I need more)

After exercise went to Aldi, I was in and out in 20 minutes and got 4 bags of groceries. Then had to go to WalMart since Aldi didn’t have the taco seasoning that I needed

kizanne – Colemans Botanical Insect Repellent, I don’t remember ever seeing it. Where do you get it?

Tracey – were you referring to Food Lion when you said it’s time to bow out? I feel so good now that I quit, I wonder why I didn’t do it sooner. Or did you mean the mahjongg? Well, I do play almost every night after my walk out by the pool. If they want me, I’m here. If not, that’s OK too. I’m certainly not going to stress over it. It used to be that that was the only time I got to play. Now that I can do it online, I can play much more often. So I’m not going to stress over it. I agree that appliances are overpriced and don’t last as long. The one and only positive is that you buy something it’s the newest fashion. Like if you got a refrigerator that was olive green (outdated) but you may not want to get rid of it since it still works. At least when you do you get the newer colors they are in style. But that’s probably the only positive.. I’ve never seen the OFF lanterns, either. I’ll have to look for them. Have you ever used them? I wonder if you can leave them outside (unlit).

Barbara – I’m not even going to set an alarm on my phone to leave mahjongg. I just can’t justify driving all that time for only a few games. So I’ll continue online.

Allie – when Vince first found out that he needed a CPAP he told the doctor “there’s no way I can wear one that is like an elephant.” That’s when he found the one he has.

My favorite thing about my home? Probably the pool (you’d never have guessed, would you?)

Every year I get corn from this one farmer. It is EXCELLENT. As a matter of fact, I get extra and freeze it. I’m supposed to meet him at 12:30 to get 3 bags (I understand that each bag has 5 dozen in it).

Used the new Greek yogurt maker. It drains it pretty good, much easier than the bag that I used to use. Now we shall see how it is

Picked up corn on the cob. Fifteen dozen are cleaned, cooked and most of them are in the freezer. That is, except for the ones in the refrigerator and the ones in my stomach.

Karen – happy birthday. Sounds like you have a great day planned!

Pat – welcome.

Took my evening walk now to go play mahjongg at the pool

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Karen - What a beauty your granddaughter is.

Heather - I love reading how much you love your home.

Michele- I was taking about Mahjong, but the same applies to Food Lion.
    I leave my Off Lanterns outside all year round. They have a candle in the bottom that is a bit bigger than a tea light but not as big as a votive. They are plastic but pretty looking.
    xzg462rl51nx.jpeg
    syzpw8rk1ke9.jpeg

I had a fairly decent day at work, managed to get payroll submitted. Our new system is not working well for our scheduler and her negative attitude towards it is quite difficult to put up with.

I didn’t eat lunch today so of course I was starving when I was finished work. I stopped at Pizza Hut and got myself a 6” pizza. Even though the calories were a bit much I’m still hungry. 😕
    I think I’ll entertain myself putting some of my IKEA things together tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: DGD is beautiful. I like how she radiates confidence and good health.

Margaret: I dabbled in masters swim many years ago and didn't like the competitive environment, but I can see myself lap swimming for fitness for the rest of my life.

Just got back from going out to dinner with a neighbor friend who has recently given up grains. Good influence for me.

Air quality here is being impacted by fires to the west. Just heard thunder so crossing my fingers we get a good storm to drench fires and clean air.

Rori
    Going with the FLOW
    Colorado Foothills

• pipcd34
    Options
    Uuuu
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just trying to catch up,but has been quite a while since I last posted. Hardly know where to start. No way I can/will be reading long ago posts. Due to medical stuff,weight isn’t the problem it was.Gained 10 pds from Feb (after surgery) & this wk. Another 40 pds still gone. Have been trying on new clothes,never worn because they were too small.They are perfect now.

DD is here till Saturday,then back to NC. She is so much company & just a great person. Had Dr appt yest & she went along. Of all things,a spider bite on back of left leg.Now 10 days of antibiotic twice a day for 10 days.

Our family cruise was canceled twice. Supposed to go the last of Oct,but not placing any bets!

Even in summer,I crave good soup.Made beef broth in Instant Pot today. Tomorrow is beef veggie soup.Will have enough for the freezer. AC is on,so it’s comfy & cooking isn’t a problem.

Wishing everyone well & hope life is treating you good. Pat C Ohio
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Tracey – rain water doesn’t get into the lantern? You know, I can’t believe how good I feel not working at Food Lion any more. Yes, I miss the money. But my peace of mind is worth much more.

Made another one of the crochet towel toppers. Decided I didn’t like the towels from Dollar Tree, but like the ones from Dollar General. I find that I can do one towels in about an hour, but that’s not weaving in all the ends and putting the button on.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    July Plans

• Pilates - about once a week.
    • Audax meeting and "work" - that's the long distance cycling club of which I'm President (and hold several other positions).
    • Designing two 50 km routes for Audax. These need to be in southern Tasmania which is challenging.
    • Cycle a 50 km route. Plus shorter rides.
    • Run at least one 5 km distance.
    • Run a 6.2 km event on July 24.
    • Climb Mount Ossa again virtually as part of a stair climbing challenge. Mt Ossa is the tallest mountain in Tasmania (1617 metres = 450 floors * 20 stairs/floor).
    • Back to school! I'm taking a 5 week course called 'Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)' . It's all online and work-at-our-own-pace with no formal assignments, exams, etc. I am about halfway through and will finish it in July.
    • Bees! My husband and I are booked for a refresher course about bees.
    • My husband's medical appointments.
    • Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List: getting organise, simplifying, etc. I've got 4 projects on the go right now and I "switch-task" between them.

That's all in addition to almost full-time work (data) and caring for my husband who has a severe traumatic brain injury and heart issues (heart attack in May).

Machka in Oz

Middle of the month!
    • Pilates - our classes have come to an end for now but we've got a Pilates Reformer in our home gym so we'll start using that.
    • Audax Meeting - done. I've got a little bit of work to do at some point but not much.
    • Designing Routes - really tricky in southern Tasmania. Still researching.
    • Cycle 50K - not yet. Vaccines have got in the way.
    • Run 5K - not yet. Hopefully this weekend.
    • Running Event - postponed till August.
    • Stair Climbing Challenge at work - coming along nicely.
    • Back to School - last module today or this weekend. The course has been really good.
    • Bees - refresher course this weekend.
    • Husband's Medical Appointments - booked and we're moving through them one at a time.
    • My List - I've done just a few things, not many. I haven't had the energy.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options

I had a fairly decent day at work, managed to get payroll submitted. Our new system is not working well for our scheduler and her negative attitude towards it is quite difficult to put up with.

I totally feel you!