ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    eeoidtasvo9p.jpeg

Saving this one for my dd. :)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    krg4jozk4na1.jpeg
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Each time I stop at the local convenience store, the same two people are hanging out on a bench outside. I can’t help they are my towns 2021 version of Jay and Silent Bob.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Each time I stop at the local convenience store, the same two people are hanging out on a bench outside. I can’t help they are my towns 2021 version of Jay and Silent Bob.

What an awesome town.

giphy.gif

I found an inspiring sentiment... "Don't live your life like an open wound"... then thought it might be a trick by Johnson & Johnson to get me to buy more Band-Aids.
  • honey_honey_12
    u8mj72uccpi5.jpeg
  • BraydanTaffy
    gfghwc0rmttl.png

I forgot to go to sleep... glad I found this reminder. G'nite, world... 4am eastern.
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    Fun Fact:

The speed of light can never change. It’s always stuck at roughly 300,000,000 meters per second, no matter who’s observing it. Nothing can move faster than light, that we know of. In Einstein's Special Relativity there is an idea called Time Dilation (Time Travel), which states that the faster you get to the speed of light, the slower time passes for you relative to your surroundings. If you run for an hour, you will have aged ever-so-slightly less than if you had just sat at home on the computer.

This is why I workout. Every time I run I stay a bit younger while those around me keep getting older. Every nano-second counts people! :)
  • honey_honey_12
    3jy4ta58xi2k.jpeg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    I read a nice sentiment today that I can no longer find. Paraphrasing, it was something like...

'Do not trust your heart to someone who will not protect & honor it.'

Sounds reasonable... & like something everyone who values themselves takes to heart.

Be well...

I love it. Sad when you find out after the fact.
  • BraydanTaffy
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I read a nice sentiment today that I can no longer find. Paraphrasing, it was something like...

Sounds reasonable... & like something everyone who values themselves takes to heart.

Be well...

Yes, absolutely... we've all been there, I'm afraid. Some of us (raises hand), multiple times.

But, speaking for myself only... once I hit affront #3, 4... I realized I'm creating or allowing it.

I wasn't creating... so, I was just allowing bad behavior & accepting unacceptable actions/words on behalf of another. No longer. Oddly... 1-1/2 yrs of forced solitude with Covid helped me realize that I'm better off alone than with a deficiente (IT for moron)... lol.

We'll all land on our feet. The problem with being stunning, like you, Mel, is you attract everyone to you. Discernment is what I learned. And, yes, sometimes we can be deceived. I've just learned to take a step back & look harder... in other words... I look at someone who's asked me for a date if I'd recommend him to a friend. It's happened 3 times recently... the reply... nope! So, I kindly said, 'no thank you' & moved on. Their response, all insulting upon polite rejection... made me realize I'd made the right decision.

We don't always know. We can be deceived. I certainly have been. But, I refuse to let the past testa di cavolo (cabbage head) influence my present & future any longer.

Many didn't deserve my time or attention to begin with... they deserve no more.

We'll all be good. It's a new era.

Be well...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

Be well...

Yes, absolutely... we've all been there, I'm afraid. Some of us (raises hand), multiple times.

But, speaking for myself only... once I hit affront #3, 4... I realized I'm creating or allowing it.

I wasn't creating... so, I was just allowing bad behavior & accepting unacceptable actions/words on behalf of another. No longer. Oddly... 1-1/2 yrs of forced solitude with Covid helped me realize that I'm better off alone than with a deficiente (IT for moron)... lol.

We'll all land on our feet. The problem with being stunning, like you, Mel, is you attract everyone to you. Discernment is what I learned. And, yes, sometimes we can be deceived. I've just learned to take a step back & look harder... in other words... I look at someone who's asked me for a date if I'd recommend him to a friend. It's happened 3 times recently... the reply... nope! So, I kindly said, 'no thank you' & moved on. Their response, all insulting upon polite rejection... made me realize I'd made the right decision.

We don't always know. We can be deceived. I certainly have been. But, I refuse to let the past testa di cavolo (cabbage head) influence my present & future any longer.

Be well...

You are wise (and also give me WAY too much credit). I love that you’ve found your way in value and worth. Covid silver lining for the win. Thank you.💗
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Be well...

Be well...

Here , here 👏
  • honey_honey_12
    4zto0fsydx1m.jpeg
  • BraydanTaffy
    Have a good day today... even if you get knocked off your feet.

giphy.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Why did it take me so long to see the real him and why can I not forget about him. :/