60 lbs by March- September

Options

Replies

• silveryflutterby
    Options
    Tara- Thanks girl! Hope you get good results on Wednesday. :)

Shell- Welcome to the group!!

Jess- Same to you!
  • EllieElephant
    EllieElephant Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to weigh in!
    I'm at 181 right now.
    Hoping this week to replace my breads with fruits and veggies, and to do some exercise while watching TV so I don't end up a vegetable. Wish me luck! :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Great goals Ellie!!

Nothin too new goin on for me...still workin on RIPPED and then onto my new routine!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    CW: not sure until Sunday
    GW: 160
    September GW: 206
    Waist: 36.75 (-.5)
    Hips: 46 (-.75)
    Right Thigh: 26.75 (-.75)
    Left Thigh: 27.5 (-.75)
    Right Arm: 13.5 (-.25)
    Left Arm: 13.5 (-.25)
    The plan: Log, stay under on calories. I go to the ortho Thursday so I'll know more about when I can exercise.
    Water Intake Goal: 12 (ultimate goal 14)

I am so shocked that I lost any inches since I haven't been able to workout! I am pleasantly surprised. :) Lost a total of 3.25 inches! I'll take it! It is so hard to not weigh myself, but hoping for a good number on Sunday!!
  • Fahrenholz02
    Options
    This will be my first post on myfitnesspal. This is my 11th week on my venture to a new me and looking forward to supporting and having support from others who know where I am coming from.

CW: 292
    GW: 150
    September GW: 282
    Waist: 56
    Hips: 58
    Right Thigh: 31
    Left Thigh: 31
    Right Arm: 19
    Left Arm: 19
    The plan: Keep watching calories and working out Sunday through Thursday
    Water Intake Goal: 80 oz
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    silvery- Great loss!!

Fahrenholz-Welcome!!! Great goals!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Tasha-congrats on the loss of inches...sometimes the body works in mysterious ways!!

Fahrenholz-welcome to the group (and MFP)!!! nice goals for September :)
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering how everyone else is fairing this week. Out of the 5 activities I had planned I have done 2, so on track so far in that area. Water intake I am coming up a bit short everyday yet, so I need to do better there. As for my 8 hours of sleep that has not happened at all. I still have not adjusted to working and school. That has to get better as well or the weight loss will not happen.

So... I have some work to do yet. :blushing: How have you been doing? :huh:
  • CatherineMH
    CatherineMH Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's been hit and miss with me so far.

I've done well with some kind of workout each day and with tracking my calories (although I haven't stayed under all days). I'm still struggling with sugar, which is so hard for me since we have desserts in the house for the kids and I find myself sneaking a little here and there. Grr. My water's coming up short, too, but we've been at so many doctor's appointments this week that I just forget about it. I do much better with H2O if I'm having our regular at home routine.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    So I was wondering how everyone else is fairing this week. Out of the 5 activities I had planned I have done 2, so on track so far in that area. Water intake I am coming up a bit short everyday yet, so I need to do better there. As for my 8 hours of sleep that has not happened at all. I still have not adjusted to working and school. That has to get better as well or the weight loss will not happen.

So... I have some work to do yet. :blushing: How have you been doing? :huh:

you are a work in progress...it will get easier, and it will happen for you...just keep on with it!!! Great work so far! and an easy way to UP your water intake...drink 1 cup before, 1 cup during, and 1 cup after each meal...it adds up quick that way! :happy:

AFM-I have followed my exercise, and diet plan to -the -tee for the week...and my normal WI is tomorrow after I get up...so I am really hoping for the best!!! *fingers crossed*
  • tjradd73
    Options
    It's been hit and miss with me so far.

I've done well with some kind of workout each day and with tracking my calories (although I haven't stayed under all days). I'm still struggling with sugar, which is so hard for me since we have desserts in the house for the kids and I find myself sneaking a little here and there. Grr. My water's coming up short, too, but we've been at so many doctor's appointments this week that I just forget about it. I do much better with H2O if I'm having our regular at home routine.

keep at it!! way to log everything...even if you are over, it is still important so WTG! and as I mentioned in the above post...there are ways to "sneak" water in...and once you get used to it, it will be like nothin for you! :flowerforyou:
  • cgardner12
    cgardner12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would really like to join this if it's not too late. this is my exact goal 60 by spring...I don't have measurements but I will do them tonight..but here is the rest:

HW: 238 ( 2009)
    SW(MFP) 217
    CW: 178
    GOAL WEIGHT 118 by March 2012 :)

Plan-
    log food/water everyday
    3-4 work outs a week ( add more as I go)
    water 64 oz day

Let me know what else I need and where I go to ad weigh in?
    when we post?
    Thank you!!!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Thanks ladies...things do work in mysterious ways sometimes. ;)

Fahrenholz- Welcome to our group! :D

tjandjmkahrs- Don't worry...it takes a little while to get into a new routine. I am still trying to get used to mine this semester. ;) Another thing to help with water is to drink a cup or two right when you wake up, before you get in the shower. I read that hydrating yourself in the morning can help you to not be so tired. :) I have been doing this the past week and it seems to help a little and gets two cups down right away. And I hear you on the sleeping...I have not been getting enough lately either...

CatherineMH- Good job on the exercise! I have found the best way to avoid temptation is to get it out of the house. I don't even give my kids a lot of sugar because I don't want it to be as hard for them when they grow up as it is for me now... :( They still get treats, but usually only at other people's houses or holidays. They think fresh fruit is a dessert at home! :) Maybe it's not the right thing for you, but just an idea. :)

Tara- great job on following your plan. Looking forward to hearing how your WI went today! Good luck!!

cgardner12- Welcome! We weigh in on Sundays and just post it on here and then Jess will add it to the chart. :) Great plan for the month!

I have come up a bit short on my water the past few days too, but I have stayed between 10-12, which is still good. Gonna be up on sodium today, but I'll try to get some extra water in to compensate. I go to see my orthopedic surgeon tomorrow so I'm hoping to hear that I will be able to exercise soon, or at least start with something small...Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    cgardener-welcome to the group!!! Like silvery said...WI's are on Sundays for this group!! Any ?s feel free to ask, any good info you like to share is always welcome :) and I agree..great goals for the month!

Tasha-thanks girl!!! I lost 2.6lbs for my normal WI today!!! WOOT!!! and have started L4 of ripped...so 5 days left of that! Nothin wrong with 10-12 cups of H20/day, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you and working out!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Tara- That is so awesome girl! I know you are so stoked!!! You are a true example that hard work, dedication and commitment pays off. ;) I need to find some of that rock hard will power that you have!! :D
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Welcome cgardener!!

Tara- Great job!!

I started the week off strong, but I didnt get a workout in today and was over, Stupid pizza!! I am debating on taking the kids skating tomorrow or heading to the gym. Still working on my sodium and sugar intakes.
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Wow. 2.6 is a great weight loss (especially when you have so little to lose!). What is zig zagging? This is the first I've read of that.

Water went better yesterday. I didn't get in my 3L, but did finish 2. Thanks for the tip to surround my meals with it - - that certainly helped.

And I agree - stupid pizza. I'm actually taking my kids to Pizza Hut today to redeem their rewards from book club and have already explained to them that we are doing carryout because I don't want to be tempted to eat anything that I haven't budgeted for.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Tasha-thanks girl!!! and no worries...the willpower gets better as you go...I still have my hard days too though! How did your Doc appt go today?

Jess-thanks! just a tip...try to focus on your sodium more then your sugar, as fruits have a ton of sugar...and if you are eating even 1-2 pieces a day you could have really high sugar counts!!

Catherine-thanks to you too!! Zig-zagging is something used to try to get past a plateau (which I have been in since May!!), the basic concept is to trick your body by having calorie limits all over the place during the week to come out to a certain average. For instance my week right now goes like this: 1400, 2800, 1400, 1300, 1100, 1100, 1050...for an avg of 1450/day, so my body thinks that it is gonna get a lot more then it is and by the time I hit the really low days it is still burning more from the higher days! Make sense?! Kinda confusing I know...but seems to be working so far...I am still on the lower side of my 5lb plateau range so we shall see on next weeks WI I guess?!

and as far as the pizza goes....good luck to you both!! that is one of my weeknesses and it is extremely hard to find a lower calorie version of it now matter where you go!!
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Zig zagging sounds like an interesting strategy. I remember reading that your body does adjust to the calories that it is used to getting, so that's a pretty smart way to fool it.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Catherine-so far so good!!! but not something to try until you hit a plateau for sure! :)