What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Two one-hour Jazzercise classes, first one was Dance Mixx. Second one was LO-Flip Fusion, with incorporated cardio and strength training. I'm trying to get a streak going, of any exercise. Today is Day #1.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Lovely weather today: High 60s F in AM, heading for very low 80s later, around 50% humidity, light breeze.

Rowed just under 7k in bow of the quad. Guess I called the spins slightly shorter than usual of the bridges at either end: Not surprising, as we go a bit faster with C. in stroke seat, and kissing concrete bridge supports is a Bad Plan. Since it wasn't punitively hot/humid, we did some 10 strokes hard/10 strokes moderate intervals, once past the stretch with power boats and floating logs. 🙄

Compensating for lots of rainouts earlier in the week, took a 5+ mile walk post-row. Forgot to start Garmin, but route roughly same as 5.37mi walk earlier in the week.

Then farmers market (amazeballs artisan pickles (garlic cuke, radishes, eggs), brie cheese; now brewpub (citra-hopped IPA).

Life is good, today, eh? 🙂
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Completed a 2500 yard swim workout last night. Focused on putting in a third swim each week to build endurance.

This morning I joined a very large group ride designed as a cancer research fund raiser. Three of us decided on the 50 mile route. It was humid, hilly and fun. We didn't push too hard, averaging 16.3pmh. I rode the nine miles to the ride starting point, then rode home, for a 68 mile total ride. Once home, did a quick change into my run gear for a 25 minute transition run. Swim and long run tomorrow.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Lovely weather today: High 60s F in AM, heading for very low 80s later, around 50% humidity, light breeze.

Rowed just under 7k in bow of the quad. Guess I called the spins slightly shorter than usual of the bridges at either end: Not surprising, as we go a bit faster with C. in stroke seat, and kissing concrete bridge supports is a Bad Plan. Since it wasn't punitively hot/humid, we did some 10 strokes hard/10 strokes moderate intervals, once past the stretch with power boats and floating logs. 🙄

Compensating for lots of rainouts earlier in the week, took a 5+ mile walk post-row. Forgot to start Garmin, but route roughly same as 5.37mi walk earlier in the week.

Then farmers market (amazeballs artisan pickles (garlic cuke, radishes, eggs), brie cheese; now brewpub (citra-hopped IPA).

Life is good, today, eh? 🙂

Sounds like a perfect day! My wife and I try to stop at a farm stand/farmers market at least every other day. There is so much great fresh food to try.
  • SpringB82
    SpringB82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    35 minutes swimming. 60 mins workout DVD gotta have variation
  • ROULER39
    ROULER39 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    120 mile bike ride
  • Djproulx
    Options
    ROULER39 wrote: »
    120 mile bike ride

Nice work.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    ROULER39 wrote: »
    120 mile bike ride

Impressive!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    1:40:00 trail/road run today on tired legs after yesterdays long bike. 8.75miles done at slightly slower than HIM pace. Short endurance swim this afternoon. 2300 yds includes a 1000yd steady state swim, then 2 x250 @ race pace.

Rest day tomorrow.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Around 8K meters on the rower, then another 25 or so on the Assault Bike (around an hour and 10 minutes or so).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Sunday's usually rest day, but I took a easy pace bike ride today, just over 15 miles. (I'd missed or scaled back outdoor workouts earlier in the week due to weather problems complicated by schedule issues, and it was nice today, if on the warm side of my comfort level at mid 80s F, sunny, around 50% humidity.)
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    early morning -
    A 4hr walk this morning

evening -
    Ab workouts and upper body workouts
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Diving weekend! I spent Thursday packing - Friday promised a long drive and I wanted to be ready.

On Friday, I worked for about 5 hours (having booked the afternoon off), and set off at about 2 p.m. Traffic was terrible, so I got to camp site at about 9.30 p.m. Fortunately, there was still enough light to see what we were doing when we pitched the tent.

I only got 9,000 steps in, making the first day this year I've got fewer than 10,000.

Saturday went reasonably smoothly. We did a 26m wreck dive in the morning (although due to faff, I think we got in the water at about 1 p.m. missing slack water. It was neaps, so the current wasn't too bad - you could swim against it with a bit of effort.) Then we had a chilled reef dive in the afternoon. We saw a dogfish, loads of crab, wrasse, blennies, congers.

On Saturday evening, the boat trailer broke. The two doing the towing ended spending the night in the van where it broke down.

So Sunday was not effort-free: after breakfast, we packed the tents and cleaned up the site. We drove to the van to pick up tanks and kit off the boat. I drove to Port Gaverne, where we dropped the stuff off, and then to the top of of the hill about a mile away where the nearest non-full car park was. It turned out that some of the tanks were not full, so I went back up the hill to my car, back to the boat, and picked up more tanks. Then I went back to the port; dropped off the extra kit; back up the hill to park; and walked back down to get ready to dive,

The nice upshot of this faffing was that I had my 10,000 steps before the dive. I think I got into the water at about 1 p.m. The shore dive was lovely - we saw a cuttlefish, as well as the usual suspects. It was a 75 minute dive in the shallows.

I then drove home. Traffic, amazingly, was not too bad - it took about 5 hours, and I got home at about 11.30 p.m. There was then one last effort needed to move kit from car to my dining room (which serves as a kit store at the moment).

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Friday - 6 mile run
    Saturday - 6 mile run
    Sunday - 8 mile run (felt great)
    Monday - rest day from running, did 1 hr of yoga to help.

Back to running tomorrow.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @drmwc - That's a lot of walking for a trip designed as a dive weekend!! Boat trailering has caused me some problems as well over the years.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Completed a 2500 yard swim workout last night. Focused on putting in a third swim each week to build endurance.

During my week camping with my son's Scout troop, two boys completed the mile swim achievement. Both were completely toasted by the end, and it took a couple days before they were moving around relatively unimpeded by fatigued legs.

Yet here you are, doing almost 1.5 miles, and chattering on about it like it was as easy as a stroll in the park. Amazing...
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick to the weight room, thank you very much. Today was leg day, so squats, stiff leg deadlifts, heavy leg presses and machine hamstring curls.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @nossmf - Congrats to the scouts on the mile swim ! That is quite an achievement. (Think I "dog paddled" it when I was about 14).

Regarding your post, my pool swims are almost always a bunch of shorter sets and drills, then a main set that may have 400-500 yard efforts, occasionally a1,000 yd effort. Sorry if I was misleading about it. Open water swims, like your scouts did, is a different game. That's all about swim form, efficiency and building endurance. When swimming in the open water, I wear either a full or partial wetsuit, which really helps with leg buoyancy. Longest OWS so far this spring has been 2250yds.

Finally, I'm getting fairly nervous as the countdown to the 4200 yard IM swim is only nine weeks. On race day, I'll be VERY happy to get out of the water and onto the bike.

And I could never hang with the strength focused folks that post here. Simply different disciplines.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    3 mile walk and 30 mins online pilates class.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Sandbag bootcamp today morning, evening will be badminton