What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Attempted rucking for the first time. 40 mins w 15lb. Not bad. Will run later.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    Attempted rucking for the first time. 40 mins w 15lb. Not bad. Will run later.

Okay not gonna lie @alexmose I had to Google "rucking" to see what the heck that was. Never heard that term before...

My legs are still sore from the other day so did some body weight exercises and then ab/core work/yoga. Been enjoying the yoga lately.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,405 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I wanted to run 4 miles, but didn't know exactly how far it was. I ended at 6.7km. Today I felt annoyed that I stopped running 300m before 7km. So I went out again this evening into the mild drizzle to bag the 7km. Being the slow runner than I am I just realized that I stopped running a few seconds before 1 hour :s:# No, I won't run tomorrow. My legs need some rest. I also did a 35 minute barre workout over lunch. 35 minutes of slow squat variations and leg lifts basically.
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Orange Theory home workout this morning and this afternoon 2 mile walk.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    4.7 mile run today!
  • alexmose
    Options
    So, yesterday I hit the gym for the first time in over a month for leg day. I knew I could not just pick up where I left off so I took 20lbs off my squat and 20 lbs off my DL. OMG I am sore today! lifters, beware!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    BlG_FN_ROB wrote: »
    65 lbers flipping

94dtodn36y6j.gif

I never know if to applaud you or say, "Oh God, please be careful!". I think the old overprotective parent instinct comes out when I see your videos. "A" for creativity. I don't know what grade to give you on safety, though!
  • BlG_FN_ROB
    BlG_FN_ROB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BlG_FN_ROB wrote: »
    65 lbers flipping

94dtodn36y6j.gif

I never know if to applaud you or say, "Oh God, please be careful!". I think the old overprotective parent instinct comes out when I see your videos. "A" for creativity. I don't know what grade to give you on safety, though!

Thanks a lot! Lol😂 I definitely try to avoid injury and this was a progression move for me.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I ended up working 15 hours on Tuesday, finishing at 2 a.m., and took the day off exercise. I've been working towards a client demo, which is later today, so hopefully my hours will come under control.

I had arm and chest day yesterday:
    • Warm up of dynamic stretches, "hill" sprints on my stairs, band stuff
    • Bench, 55 kgs, 5 sets of 5
    • Overheard press, 40 kgs, 5 sets of 5
    • Bent over rows, 60 kgs, 5 sets of 5
    • Loads of dips and ring work. I am trying to work towards a muscle up on rings - I am way off it at the moment. I'm trying to get the hang of false grip as a starting point, which probably went OK.
    • Core stuff, like hanging leg raises
    • Yoga to end

The lifts were below maximum, hopefully I can build up the weight over the next couple of weeks.
  • alexmose
    Options
    I had to take some rest yesterday as it was 70 degrees out so lots of walking, 22k steps

Today planning on some upper body work, at least chest, tricep, shoulders and some ab work. Just did a 2 mi run before the rain.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Finally stuck to plan today. Had planned an easy/recovery workout -- did 30 minutes on the rower first. Very controlled HR w/ it nearly all being under 135 and then 30 minutes on the AD Pro (Assault style bike).

Haven't been on the Air Dyne Pro in nearly 3 months, so it felt nice to do something different. My two kids and wife much prefer the AD Pro over the rower. Great piece of equipment. If anyone is ever considering a low impact cardio piece of equipment, I'd get a Rogue Echo, but the AD Pro is also a great workout (I just don't like their customer service).

Averaged around 2:31/19 SPM on the rower and 130 Watts/48 RPM on the AD Pro (really slow and easy).
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Home wifi isnt working so posts will be sporadic.
    Monday/Tuesday- lifting and moving 68 boxes of flooring- great burn for a half hour of work around 362 cals
    Wednesday- one quick 2 km walk with the pup- worked till 9PM so that really ate away at my normal time.
    Thursday- TRX Lean Body tonight, 2 walks for the pup for about 5km total.

I really want to do a kickboxing workout this weekend- anyone know of a good video available on youtube?
  • yirara
    Options
    Odd day. I knew my afternoon would be stressful, and so I decided on a 32 minute deep hamstring/hipflexor stretching session. Then in the evening I did the same, plus some more stretches. That's 90 minutes of stretching in a day. Probably not healthy, but I feel great. I can now place my head on my knee with the other leg folded, on both sides. The right side was super tight, but I'm getting there.
  • yirara
    Options
    JimDew wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Odd day. I knew my afternoon would be stressful, and so I decided on a 32 minute deep hamstring/hipflexor stretching session. Then in the evening I did the same, plus some more stretches. That's 90 minutes of stretching in a day. Probably not healthy, but I feel great. I can now place my head on my knee with the other leg folded, on both sides. The right side was super tight, but I'm getting there.

SMH at my utter lack of flexibility

Bravo.

I’m a bit odd in that respect: fairly flexible but with extremely tight muscles due to sitting too much. Thanks lockdown I do sit on my working chair crosslegged most of the time. Can’t do that at the office 😁
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    3.7 running miles today!
  • Roger15Z
    Roger15Z Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    4 mile run followed by 100 pushups and 100 situps same as everyday
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    90 minutes pushing a heavy shopping cart, followed by 90 minutes of pushing a lawnmower around my yard, followed by 35 minutes of walking the neighborhood (2.5 mph) with my wife. Interspersed in between these were 3 brief pull-up workouts of 3 sets each. Just to take a break from lifting, etc...
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Leg day!
    • Warm up (dynamic stretches, hill sprints, band stuff)
    • Squat, 80 kgs, 5 sets of 5
    • Deadlift, 110 kgs, 5 sets of 5
    • Pistols, body weight
    • Lunges, 32 kgs
    • Core stuff
    • A vague attempt at yoga, but I fell asleep in a stretch and then called it a night (it was 1 a.m.)

My weight is 65 kgs, so the lifts are slowly heading towards respectable multiples.

Today will be 45 minutes yoga, hang boarding and kettle bells.