What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/F2_j3saTlag
    I did this workout this morning, with added chest and back work. Yvette has some really good ones. Check out her channel!
  • gjw5000
    gjw5000 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ujzipc8de8dp.jpg
    hswshj4s3ndp.jpg
    Weights and then abs circuit.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yikes, I don't know where to start...

walked into town before breakfast because I needed rolls for breakfast and a few other things.
    Did a 48 minute interval/circuit training pretty much without breaks at lunch
    walked into town again to pick up an order and to buy something I'd forgotten earlier
    Walked to supermarket because all the handwashing leaves my hands so dry and I needed cream (ok, only 300 meter and back)
    Danced to Ethiopian music for about 40 minutes after dinner and with a glass of gin straight
    38 minutes of stretching, which is not something I should have done after a drink.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    *kitten* day today. Most I exerted myself was running those few minutes between my place of work and where my vehicle was parked during thunderstorms in central Florida, scared shitless of getting hit by lightning.
  • yirara
    Options
    JimDew wrote: »
    3bdgw9mekmgz.png

Was shooting for exactly 5.00 when I got back to the car. Just a silly mind game I play.

Yikes. Here I thought: finally a fellow slow runner. Then I realized it’s in miles.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Slow walking. Ambling about the neighborhood in short bursts, really.

It was supposed to be a rest day so I should have fewer steps but it's so disgustingly nice outside what with the sun, lack of clouds, and the ability to wear shorts without looking like a crazy Canadian. I may yet go outside as it's not even suppertime.

Since we're doing screenshots...

5niy6wewpobx.jpg

• yirara
    Options
    Today I walked some 15km though my local heath area. I'm basically trying to convince my body to not need something to eat every hour or so when I'm active. Imagine you run for 60 minutes, and after 65 minutes you hit a wall, end up all shivering, low blood pressure and soooo hungry. It sucks. So today I had my usual 350ish calorie breakfast and and went out at around 11. Hiked and geocached, and had some more 180 calories lunch and some water at 13:00, went home and just hit my local market at closing time at 16:00. Had a big dinner at 16:30. Slowly managing to get on without eating constantly.

Some 30-40 minutes of slow, relaxed hamstring/calves/Achilles heel stretching.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Plan called for a 1:40:00 indoor bike session called "The Kitchen Sink" because it tries to hit all energy systems and aspects of power, blah, blah, blah. Since it was sunny and 62 degrees here this afternoon, I made an executive decision and pulled the bike off the trainer and hit the road. Really enjoyed the ride, 32miles in just under 2hrs (16.2mph). Nice aerobic pace, a little climbing work and a chance to "blow the stink off" on the home stretch. I need more days like this. :)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hit the glutes and quads hard on lower day. I think I’ll split each of my two lower days into one glute focused and another hamstring focused. Let’s see how that pans out.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Sat 4/5:
    Morning: 32 chin ups, 115 push ups (both in sets to failure)
    33 min spin bike
    Afternoon: 1 hour brisk pace walk
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Golfer's elbow really putting a hitch in my giddy up....
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Fun trail run this am. Water is still too cold for a swim/run, so we did a 4:1 run/walk through the woods following the mtn bike trail. One loop is 5 miles and it was just enough. Saw two mtn bikers and 3 deer on the trails. Felt really good to just run easy and enjoy the scenery.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My abs and chest were screaming for rest so just did back, bicep, and shoulders today. Perhaps will take a couple walks today :) hamstrings and glutes are achy so home workouts are at least stimulating these groups the same as the gym.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I feel your pain...I have been suffering with one for about 6 weeks. I have 3 different braces! They help a little.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I feel your pain...I have been suffering with one for about 6 weeks. I have 3 different braces! They help a little.

I just received my Theraband Flexbar in the mail and started using today. The long road back...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    One hour row today (easy) early in the AM, then a 45 minute fun bike ride with the wife and daughter on the Tucson Bike Loop -- best thing I did this year was get two new bikes for the wife and I and a used one for the kids when they come to town. Bought them right before all of this started. We went only around 10 miles.

Most eventful thing is I nearly ran over a 5 foot rattlesnake. Actually the first one I've seen in Tucson. Some old man came up behind me (and didn't follow the rules and didn't say anything), got up on me really close at the same time my daughter yells from ahead, "look out for the snake". He rightfully hissed a bit at me as I was getting too close to him thanks to the idiot that didn't inform me he was coming up on me on his road bike. We have just fun, comfort hybrids. Been in Tucson over one year and this was the first Rattler I've seen and it was a big boy!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was max pull ups. I got 14 reps unweighted, and +25kgs single rep weighted. I was pretty happy with both of these. I also got 17000 steps without leaving the house. (I did a stack of gardening and housework.)

Today, I did 1 hour of mandala yoga in the morning. Then, in the evening, I did a 6k row on the erg, in 2.12 pace. I was happy with this. It's not fast by other people's standards, but it is fast by mine!😀
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    What should have been an easy row at 5AM seemed too hard. Either the 5AM part or the 9 miles I added on the bike after my row yesterday and spending another hour swimming in the heat accumulated. My HR was OK this AM (capped at 150) but the last 20 minutes seemed like an eternity. Just over 12K meters.