WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Katla, Happy Birthday! Sorry that I kind of missed the actual day (I know it's the 20th, but it's kinda late....)
    Flea, no words, just {{{HUGS}}}
    Rebecca, so glad you were able to spend some quality time with Athena! Oh, and her parents, lol
    Debbie, that garden is overwhelming!
    Machka, OMG "the track" lol! Kinda how I feel sometimes too
    Tracey, like you I'm not doing things that I should be. I have this week off work and had hoped to be getting stuff finished off and cleared out. Nope, did see a couple of movies today that I enjoyed. The Way We Were was the first, then saw a movie called Clara's Heart. Whoopi Goldberg and a VERY young Neil Patrick Harris. Did get groceries tho...
    Allie, congrats on getting the bills paid off! I know how exciting that can be! Sounds like your son is at least trying to get his stuff together, good for you for guiding him onto his own path! I know it's hard to have those tough love talks with the kids, but like you said, he's 37, needs to stand on his own two feet. And kudos to you for mentioning the mental health issues in the family and reminding him that there is help out there.
    Lisa, the star quilt is outstanding!

I know there were more posts that I wanted to comment on, but didn't take notes and it's been so long that I can't remember a darn thing!
    Official wi day today, down .6 of a pound, I will take it. My eating has been not horrible, but not great either. The exercise part I'm doing okay with tho. Had my second shot on Sunday, celebrated on Monday by biking 20 km. I didn't have any side effects from the vaccine except a very sore arm. I bought a pair of padded biking shorts, definitely made the ride more comfortable! My boss, who has done some serious bike riding, was talking about a company that the owners wife is doing something with, anyway, she brought up the website and was showing me the bike shorts. They look lovely, but they want $200 for one pair of shorts! I didn't pay that much for my bike! lol Maybe someday, but not this day... I found a pair for about $30 on Amazon, much more my price range, and they worked just fine yesterday. I plan on a longer ride tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
    That's it for me for tonite, hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Tracey - This is for you. <3

7vi7215p0e6r.jpg

:D

To be serious, boredom usually means something is being repressed and is stirring under the surface. Keeping it under is hard work and exhausts us. Finding out what that is could be the start of a whole new phase of life for you. Good luck my friend! I believe in you. XOXO

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it! I've been in agony with my knee the last few weeks and now I'm on my way to see the doc, the pain has nearly gone! Typical isn't it. I have a bit of a walk before I get there so I'm hoping it's a painful walk. (Now there's a thing I didn't expect to say)

I've bitten the bullet and rejoined the 'ladies who lunch' group. I was in two minds because my friend Jean has left, but I thought I need to get out of my comfort zone. The only downside is I'll have to rely on someone giving me a lift to places I'm not able to walk to. It will be okay I can walk to most of the coffee mornings, but sometimes they venture further. Next month I'm going with them on a boat trip but only able to go because someone is kindly giving me a lift.

Better take a slow walk to the doctors.

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Flea (((HUGS)))
    Machka Those are my tracks!
    Tracey Your life so mimics mine! It helps me realize I'm not alone. Hugs!

I am in a pissy mood :( Grinding teeth again. Weepy. Moved plants yesterday for concrete project before work yesterday. The contractor dug up plants to make it easier to access area! Then totally ran over another that has been growing for 12 years. They are just plants, I get it, but it was the straw that broke me last night. I should have just gone to bed, but played spider on my phone. No work, no house clean, no exercise. I did pack for meals today and cleaned kitchen after dinner.

Goals for today:
    Deep breaths!
    Watch tone when responding to people.
    Keep eye on eating.

Love the village story! Reminds me of my time in the Philippines. We depended on each other lots!

Thank you ladies for posting here!

Kylia trying to stay on the tracks in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Yes Barbie- I do love.music and have 2 Alexa
    One in living room one in bedroom, i listen to everything from Carol King,to Frank Sinatra and everything in between
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Flea -
    So much hope, love and peace winging their way to you... Loved the wig, very kicky.

Evie -
    Thanks for the mention of the quilt, and well done on adding biking to your life.

Rebecca -
    Loved the picture of you with Athena! I've tried to help my daughter understand, too, that recording your life and living it are two different things. I gave my camera away to my niece because I'd rather be in the moment than trying to take a picture of it.

Blood tests for my adrenals this morning the moment the lab opens at 7 a.m., but at least they're not fasting labs, just blood-sucking. As far as everything else goes, I'm starting to make incremental progress... I am not a patient person, so it's a little hard sometimes to let my body progress at its own pace. I did get on the elliptical yesterday for five whole minutes... and was so stiff this morning I was ready to cry.

I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was. But what other choice is there?

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Lisa One bite at a time! ((Hugs))

Btw- if anyone here does look at my diary, when I quick add calories it is only to close out day. It doesn't happen often, but some days I am just not that hungry or my choices are just that low in calories. I usually make up that deficit within a couple of days. 😉 last night I kind of wanted something before bed, but nothing sounded good. Had hot tea instead
    Work calling my name....ugh.Thankful I have a job!
    😍
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon, evening ...

op9xe7bplfz8.png

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Flea - thoughts and hugs and prayers!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Heather -
    I set up a ‘professional’ page on Facebook aligned with my normal Facebook page about 10 years ago for my art work. I don’t promote it as I am not looking for sales, but I do know that lots of people use them for sales/promotion purposes.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Flea - 😍 the hair. Very stylish and natural looking.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Heather -
    If you post your link some of us could join and repost it, or invite our ‘Friends’ to have a look at your page.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Lisa - It seems like the older we get the longer it takes us to get back to where we started from. ((Hugs)))

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Flea! So sorry you have to go through this. You're a trooper. And that is no small feat under the circumstances. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP,
    Bonus: Wal~Mart, Natural Grocers, Toyota and GMC dealers
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, gas, line dancing, make whey lemon pie filling, call R, follow up minutes question with Doreen, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, Monday confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    20-When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself. And “do unto others” too!

The very happiest of bithdays to you Katla!!! Hooray for Yoga! Doesn’t it feel good to be getting back to our pre-pandemic activities? Sorry your DH was grumpy, Joe was too on Thursday, but bounced back yesterday with smiles and dimples when T arrived.
    Carol, what Katla said about Instacart, and as ?Debbie? suggested Is it possible to specify “no substitutions” when ordering? “. . . other grandma who lives very near will be on a mission trip to Tanzania . . .” Wow. At 71 it is contemplating those inevitable changes that are my only major worries/fears. Have to shake myself back into the now, and tell my soul to trust. ;)
    Congratulations Heather for persisting with your memoir. Hard choices between marketing and privacy protection. Brava for the FB tippytoe!
    Thanks again Kiz. How often do you test? Have to talk myself into $pending $ to make myself bleed… ;)
    Rita so glad to see you sharing your beautiful photos again. Brava on the self help. Have you read the book “Boundaries” by Drs Cloud and Townsend? Some surprising (to me) Biblical support for setting healthy boundaries, and letting consequences follow without anger or judgement.
    Flea :love: your pic, your smile, your spirit! Prayers unceasing.
    Debbie, wow for the planting and waterline work, :love: the “hello Dad” story. True that.
    Sue glad your surgery went well. “My dog is confused because we are not following the usual routine.” Shadow can tell from which pair of shoes I put on whether or not she’s going to go with me. If I put on a pair of shoes she hasn’t seen before, she barks at me as if I were a stranger, until she hears my voice. :laugh:
    Pip your surprise strawberry daiquiri reminds me of the battery operated margarita maker we used to take camping… I’ll have to dig it out and see if the batteries can still recharge…
    Michele so glad you’re able to connect with the gals via online mahjongg and don’t have to drive at night.
    Kim how bittersweet, happy for Dylan and his girlfriend, glad you had that time with him, a little sad at the changing of the “seasons.”
    Rebecca :love: the Athena Rose pics, best is the one with Grammie ;)
    Julie thoughtful social media advice.
    Machka and Julie I’m 4’11” and have just been bouncing up and down the same 5 lbs forever. Alas at 140-145 its 25 lbs above my target range :sick: but thankful its 20 lbs below my lifetime high. ;}

Lovely day with T climbing into possible vehicles. Nothing was quite right, the 4runner surprisingly least satisfactory of all. Older model GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe are possibilities. still need to try the 2013 GMC Terrain. Good thing there is no immediate need for a different vehicle, just a notion…

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/0/0; steps>6701=7354, vits=16.5, log=19, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=12, Shadow=15, mfp=18, outside=22, up hill=18, clean 10=7.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=2 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8 7/25: 7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=11 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

it's all relative!
    I spoke with a long time colleague today at end of year lunch. he asked how I was physically and mentally. I said physically I gained weight and mentally ok. he didn't say "no you look the same or great!" he said, "yeah a lot of people did." ha ha ha!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Kim Oh, how I wish I could pay someone to do it all for me! I've started a very basic website, I've posted on Facebook to my very, very few 'Friends', and I've just, today, started an ordinary Instagram account. Nothing on it yet! I have no idea how to work it! But,at least I have done something. I have an Amazon Author Page. Every time I contemplate doing something more professional, I balk at it. I must, as Julie said, have another look at my disused LinkedIn account.
    I know my DDIL employed professional help with all her social profiles. And she had professional photos taken. At the moment I am taking baby, tiny steps, which are, even so, a stretch for me. But I am deliriously happy to be even trying after years of lying fallow.
    As you so well said - a new chapter. :D I don't believe age has anything to do with it. I am on the path to living my best life and I want to help others to do so too. My word for this year is FRUITFUL and my motto is always, DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD. If not now, when?

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

linkedin is very much professional not very personal, so might possibly be more comfortable to start.